“Amazing Rooms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

You added Ivy Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Ivy Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   233 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Farmington Hills MI
“Amazing Rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The rooms at the Ivy Boutique Hotel were gorgeous! The hotel is just a little more than a block off Michigan Ave. The decor in the lobby was beautiful. This is a small hotel with very personalized service. Great stay!

Room Tip: Our only complaint about our stay was we had some very loud neighbors partying at 2 am and the walls...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the decor within our lobby and our personalized service. We hope to welcome back to the hotel in the near future!

T. 312.335.5444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Great location. A block and half from Michigan ave. Close to shopping great restaurants and fun bars. Small and intimate. Excellently appointed. Rooms were very nice. Tasteful and elegant Cozy bar downstairs with a helpful staff to help point you in the right direction to go for night on the town. Not exactly kid friendly, but the staff was very helpful with our requests.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at the Ivy Boutique Hotel on TripAdivsor. We are so glad you enjoyed your room and our lobby bar. The bar is a great place to warm up on a cold Chicago winter day. I'm glad that you think the same way!

DeKalb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending a night at the Ivy Boutique and thought this hotel must be one of Chicago's finest. The staff was pleasant, helpful & accommodating. The rooms are fabulous - especially the bathroom that has a shower, spa tub & tv in the mirror. The room was clean and I was delighted to come back in the evening to bed turn down & snack on the night stand. This hotel has only been open for about 6 months but I was extremely impressed. We were meeting family for the Holidays & capped off the evening sitting in the bar area - bartender was nice and although I felt drinks were a bit overpriced, had a great time! Our family decided this should be an annual holiday event for us so will look forward to another delightful stay at this hotel. Oh, I should mention I have stayed at other hotels in Chicago & this hotel surpassed them all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's an honor to be a part of your new family tradition! Hopefully we'll get opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel!

Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We went to Chicago for the Johnny Mathis Christmas concert, so arrived on a Friday late afternoon and left Sunday night. We found out that this establishment has only been open for 6 months...they couldn't have impressed us more! From the moment you pull up, (valet parking is $48/day unlimited ins and outs - the parking ramp close by is $38/day...well worth the extra $10!) Hamza was an awesome bellboy and always greeted us with a smile. Check-in went smoothly and Juan was very helpful and upgraded us from a queen studio to a king suite for $40/night. Well worth it! The rooms are rich, modern, large, and have everything you need! The bathroom has a huge tile shower and a large soaking tub...and a cool TV built in the mirror :-) The bed is one of the most comfortable I've every slept in! The room darkening blinds worked so well (on a remote switch...cool!) that you couldn't tell when morning arrived! Christopher, at the front desk took care of finding us great places to eat (when we looked them up on tripadvisor, they were 30 and 31 out of 4560 restaurants in Chicago!) The location was great, just 2 blocks to the Magnificent Mile. We would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! Service and style were outstanding!

Room Tip: The master suite was well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the opprotunity to write an amazing review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. Thank you for the kind words about our staff as well. I'm glad they provided you with excelent service! My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Clinton Township, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Honestly, I have never written a review before but the help and hospitality my fiance and I have received here has been absolutely amazing.

First off I will start by saying we are staying in the King Suite which is extremely clean. Honestly for a king suite the room is not as big as i expected but everything else about the room made up for it. The cleanliness of the room is top notch, the decor is beautiful and the bed is extremely comfortable and roomy. All the sheets are white and the comforter and they all look brand new. The bathroom is incredible, probably the most impressive part of the room. They don't tell you that there is a tv built in the mirror in the bathroom, the tub is massive and deep, and the shower has an amazing shower head, beautiful marble and glass doors. The only complaint i have about the room is the lighting isn't very good. Especially in the bathroom, but there is small round makeup mirror on the wall that has a light for women to get ready.

The staff here is awesome. Every one of them goes above and beyond. I brought my fiance here to propose to her and they gave me ideas on where to take her and even offered to set up something on the roof with candles and champagne. If you ask them for a good place to eat or how to get somewhere, they don't only tell you, they will take you to the computer behind the desk, print off a map, and anything else they believe necessary. They will also give you cards to get discounts at certain restaurants like "the Yolk" and "Tim O'Toolys". They gave my fiance and I a complimentary glass of champagne and left roses and cupcakes in our room after I proposed and are always asking what they can do to help.

The location is also pretty good. Its a 10 minute walk to Navy pier, 5 minutes to the Mag Mile, and a $8.00 taxi ride from the canal train station. I will say that if you enjoy restaurants there are only a few close that we enjoyed. Most of them are a 10-15 minute walk or a short cab ride but we didn't find it too bad.

I normally find the cheapest hotel I can when i go on vacation but whenever we come back to Chicago we decided we will stay here. The staff made us feel so at home. For a middle-class person looking for a nice hotel to spoil their significant other or any other reason I highly recommend staying here. If your used to expensive hotels, It may not be for you because although I have never stayed in any other suite I'm sure they offer many amenities that the Ivy does not. Overall, for the money paid I could not be more happy about the choice of hotel for a romantic weekend to propose to my girl. Good Luck!!

Room Tip: Research many different hotels before you choose. I think you will find The Ivy the compromise of p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the decor and bed within your guestroom. I'm happy the staff was able to assist you with your special moment. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next romantic weekend!

Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a brand new boutique hotel in a great neighborhood. We stayed over five nights last week and were very satisfied with everything about the hotel. Most of all our accommodations were very comfortable and made us feel as if we were in someone's home rather a hotel. The GM and his staff are all customer focused and very attentive to the needs of their guests. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. I'm glad we could be your home away from home for your five night stay. Thank you also for the kind words about my staff and I. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

oklahoma city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed a few nights in this hotel mid-November. We were so impressed with the room, cleanliness, the staff, the food and the location. Could not have had a better place to stay on our first trip to Chicago. We had stayed a few nights at the Hyatt Regency that paled in comparison. I don't know if my favorite part was the oversized bathtub or the incredibly nice and hospitable staff. Looking forward to more stays in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. I'm honored that you booked our hotel for your first visit to Chicago! In addition, thank you for the kind words about my staff, I will definitely pass along your compliments. We're looking forward to seeing you in the future!

T. 312.335.5444

Been to Ivy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!