“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

You added Ivy Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Ivy Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   233 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Danville, CA
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed in Chicago for a few weeks at different 4 and 5 star hotels. By far, the Ivy was the BEST. The friendly service, the luxurious, modern rooms. In building this hotel, they paid such attention to every creature comfort detail: a button for service or 'do not disturb', a tv behind the mirror in the bathroom, automatic lights when your feet hit the floor getting out of bed, made it obvious the owners of this hotel cared about the experience of their guests. If you're going to Chicago: stay at the Ivy Boutique - you won't be disappointed. Jen and Bob

Room Tip: ask for a view of the lake (8th floor and higher)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for staying with us at the IVY Boutique Hotel and thank you for the amazing review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed the amenities within your room.

If you have a chance please visit us again for another amazing experience, we'd be happy to have you!

James Cazares

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was staying at the Hyatt down the street, the rooms were old, the carpet needed to be changed and the service was awful. I walked pass this new hotel that I have never heard of the door man was so helpful he asked me if I needed help finding the Walgreens and I was not even a guest at the hotel. I decided to stop by at lobby lounge which was quite elegant and played some great music. At this point I had decided I was moving over to the IVY. The front desk agent gave me a tour, The studio room that I booked was a nice size, it has very comfortable bed and everything was laid out perfectly. It had a great shower! And I loved the bamboo wood floors it makes the room feel clean. I also was surprised that each evening I was given a truffle, or a chocolate covered strawberry, and another night homemade banana bread. This hotel is in the perfect location between navy pier and Michigan Ave, the staff is amazing I felt like I was at the Gansevoort hotel NYC. I cant wait till the rooftop terrace opens it is going to be amazing!!! My new home in Chicago the Ivy!

, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Hello Guest,

Thank you for choosing the IVY Boutique Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you were able to tour a room before booking with us. Next time you will have to stay in our King Suite! The hotel is mostly composed of King Suite rooms, which are over double the size of the Queen Studio that you stayed in.

Please come back in the future and enjoy a drink on our Rooftop Terrace, opening in Mid July!!

Florida, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

To be honest I was a little skeptical of going to a new hotel, but this time I was definitely surprised. I stayed during three nights at the Ivy and it was amazing!!!! The have really done a great job! Since the moment I walked in, staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was supposed to stay in a Studio in the third floor but I was able to upgrade to a huge 675 sq ft Suite only for $80 a night. Believe me these where the best $80 I have spent in a long time. The room was great and the bathroom overall left me speechless!!! The soaking bathtub with the combination of the lavender sea salt and the wonderful white wine from the mini bar is definitely something you must try if you get a chance when staying here. Although it was a new hotel and things like the gym and roof top were not opened, they had it all figured out. I received a pass to work out at the Bally gym, only 5 minutes away from the hotel. Great Idea! The front desk agent, Ilana made all my request available and her restaurant recommendations where great. I have stayed in many hotels around downtown but The Ivy will definitely by my new home away from home!

Room Tip: Stayed T 1405, BEST room! Try to upgrade your room, a Suite is definitely worth it. Dont leave the...
Hello Guest,

We are so excited to hear that you had a memorable stay with us! Our staff have been working extremely hard to provide each guest with an amazing experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Ilana at the Front Desk.

Please if you get a chance, come back and see our new Rooftop Lounge on the 16th floor. It will be open mid-July and will feature amazing views of city!

Arlington Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

As a recently opened hotel, I must say that IVY is doing a great job! Their staff is attentive and caring. Of course the new hotel has its own glitches, but I was very pleased with the service. Last weekend, a friend of mine from Ohio visited me. I booked the double queen suite for her and I. When we arrived at the front desk, the front desk girls greet us and one of them escorts us to our room. It is so cool that they have this idea of having a door bell and do not disturb button connected. The room is spacious, the bed is comfy, and I love the rainforest shower. It was a very touching moment when we came back in the evening after shopping and we got some fresh strawberries with a hand written card from the room attendant. It is a little thing, but it really made my day! I don't recall any other hotel that does that.
Too bad they do not have ice machine in every floor. But the front desk agent, they do not mind to come to our room, delivered some ice =)
I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel and thank you for your kind review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Here at the hotel we strive to make every interaction with our guest not only enjoyable, but also genuine. I'm glad you think that the little things count, because that is exactly the philosophy I teach my employees.

Thank you for recommending us to others, we'd be happy to provide them an amazing experience!

Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Positives first:
Great location between Michigan Ave and Navy Pier.
Extremely clean and stylish decor.
Friendly service, and great staff.
Spacious rooms.
Full length bathtub.
Rainfall shower.
Kurreg Coffee Makers in room.
Swivel Arm Flat Screens TVs.
Really COMFORTABLE Beds.
Nice views.
Automated curtains and drapes.
Great job with sound proofing. Rooms are very quiet.

Negatives:
No fitness center.
Safe not working (yet)
No pool.
Bathroom is really dark, extremely hard to see in Mirror.
The rugs won't stay flush, you will trip over them.
No ice machine or vending area.
They claim to have wifi,but I couldn't connect with either iPhone or iPad the entire weekend.
Parking is 2 blocks away ($40 a day), no valet.

All in all, it was a very nice stay and since we got the room for $229 a night, we certainly felt we got our money's worth. Not sure if we would have felt different if we paid the $450 a night advertised.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Hello Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our property on Tripadvisor. Being a brand new hotel we have faced a few struggles, but we have persevered and have overcome all challenges.

We do not currently have a fitness center on site, but we are partners with a wonderful facility a block away from the hotel that host a swimming pool, workout equipment galore, and daily workout classes that you may join free of charge. All safes in the hotel have been programed and are working in each room. Our carpets have now been all secured to the ground. There are not ice machines on guest room floors, but if you call the front desk at ext. 100 they would be happy to send ice to your room.

We would love to welcome you back to our property. Please email info@exploreivy.com to find out about our special promotions.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a convention and I had booked a suite. I was surprised to find out that it was only 3 days old and that almost all of the rooms were suites! It still smells like a new home. The location was the best it was a block away from Michigan Avenue, and there were so many restaurants within walking distance that you could have not asked for a better spot! The hotel modern décor in the lobby made me want to have a drink at the lobby lounge, the pricing were reasonable and they had the game on.
Somehow it did not feel like I was in a hotel, normally there is a long corridor of 100 rooms and at the ivy I felt like I was in a private upscale residence. The rooms were great; I liked the hardwood floors and the mirror TV in the washrooms. The SHOWER!!! Is where I could live it is by far the best that I have ever been in, I felt like I was born again!!!
I asked the front desk where the Gym was and they have complimentary passes for guest to go to a health club next door which has a lap size pool, and all of the workout equipment that I have at my gym. Finally not another hotel that considers themselves to have a gym with 2 pieces of equipment’s, this was a great idea.
I have to say that this is going to be my new residence in Chicago, I requested coffee at 6am and I had it! No other has done that for me in the less than 500.00 price range. I will be back for the rooftop terrace!!!

Room Tip: I had an 01 room it was super quite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hello Guest,

Thank you for staying at the IVY Boutique Hotel and thank you for sharing you experience on Tripadvisor. The shower is also one of my favorite features of the guest rooms. On your next trip to the IVY you will have to try the deep sea salt soaking tub, perfect after a long day at work!

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed at the IVY during the week they opened their door and this hotel is absolutely making #1 on our travel stay, and trust me I am a super picky person. From the stylish lobby, to the spacious room we loved every little corner of this hotel. Most importantly the hotel staff was very pleasant and attentive. We could not have asked for better service.
I travel a lot for work in the Midwest, and this is definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed at in Chicago. We will be coming back every time now to the IVY only and definitely when the roof top opens…. Definitely check it out for yourself!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Guest,

Thank you for the kind words on the service you recieved at the hotel and for taking the time to review the IVY Hotel on Tripadvisor. If we can do anything to make your trips to Chicago more enjoyable please just ask!

Thanks again!

James Cazares

Been to Ivy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!