“Great Restaurant, Interesting Building!” 5 of 5 stars

221 N Columbus Dr, Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago, Chicago, IL
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Filini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Lower Lake St.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“Great Restaurant, Interesting Building!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We chose this restaurant due to its location near the dock for the Chicago Architectural Boat Tour docks. Some friends and I had decided to spend the evening in downtown Chicago and the more famous restaurants wouldn't take reservations, or were already booked days in advance. I chose Filini based on the review I found here on Trip Advisor and they didn't steer us wrong! The service was excellent, food was excellent and the atmosphere beautiful. They even mentioned the Radisson Blu Aqua on the Architectural tour because of its unusual design! Beautiful, not overly expensive, a wonderful experience overall. Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your review of Filini Restaurant. I am happy that you enjoyed your meal with us and that you were impressed by the service and our team. I am also glad that we were convenient for your activities in the city. I hope that we see you again soon.

Thanks again!

Chicago, Illinois
“East of Michigan Avenue destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Filini adds another terrific option for dining after a concert in Millennium Park, which is how we happened upon it. We liked it so much on the first visit, that we returned within the week to introduce it to friends. Although I had the zucchini/calamari salad on both occasions—too good not to repeat, I can report that the pastas were perfect and grilled chicken was moist. But it was the unusual touches that made our meals special, e.g. the chicken was served on a bed of sauteed kale with dates. Nice mix of sweet and savory. We capped our meal with superb sorbets and superb house-made lemoncello—which tasted more like lemonade with a kick than the usual syrupy stuff. I can't wait to go back and work my way through the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Filini Restaurant. I am touched that you enjoyed your experience so much that you returned right away for another one! I will be sure to share your compliments with our Chef and team. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks again!

Denver, Colorado
“Great place for business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really nice place that is convenient to Illinois Center and the Aon Building. Modern, sleek, yet comfortable, and the booths offer some decent privacy. Service is impeccable, and the food is unique and quite tasty. Don't miss this gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at Filini including the menu choices and location. I really appreciate that you shared a review. I hope that we see you again soon.

Thanks again,

Filini General Manager
“Fabulous... from the food to the ambiance and everything in between!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place set the bar for what we expected from the restaurants of Chicago. As a frequent business traveller, I am used to lame hotel restaurants that often offer a sub-par menu at ridiculous prices with somewhat pretentious staff... Filini destroyed that perception with a menu that would any Italian proud, staff that was friendly and efficient, and an ambiance that made you feel welcomed in the Windy City. I had the Eggplant Parmiagiana to start, The Angus Burger with Bullalo Mozarella to start and an absolutely divine Tiramisu for dessert. Every bite was impeccable and the bill was reasonable. Even if you're not staying at the Radisson Blu, this is a must to check out!

Visited August 2013
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for dining with us and sharing about your experience. It is great to hear that each of your courses was enjoyable and that our staff made you feel welcome in both the restaurant and in our city. I hope that we see you back at Filini soon.

Thanks again,

Bristow, Virginia
“Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Surprise, surprise.

After a long afternoon of sightseeing and taking in a Cubs game, we simply wanted to unwind and find a quick bite to eat.  What we found at Filini's in the Radisson Blu simply surprised, no wowed us.  Service, Thomas, was fantastic...and most importantly, the food exceeded our expectations.  We were looking for a simple salad and something light, but were fascinated by the pasta selections and choose the Risotto and Garganelli.  So much for "light." Absolutely the most flavorful "almost 100% Italian" pastas we have ever had!  The Gaeganelli with truffle oil was Devine.  We  had to try a dessert.  After much discussion, we decided on the Bomboloni and Peach sorbet. Bomboloni were wonderful beignets with three dipping sauces; salted carmel, strawberry, and rubarb.  The sorbet had to have been pure peach with a touch of honey.  Giuliano and his team were wonderful.  If you are looking for an under appreciated gem....look no further.  See you next time we are in Chicago.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Filini. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the pasta and dessert course and that you plan to return again. I will also share your compliments with Thomas and Guiliano. Thanks again!