“Decent staff, great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #67 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
“Decent staff, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I originally requested a double queen room but when I got there, they said they did not guarantee me a double queen room so they put us in a King room with a sofa bed that was HARD AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I put an additional blanket on the sofa bed and more pillows under me and NOTHING helped. So the next morning I asked if anyone has checked out and can I have my double queen room now and at that time they obliged us. You would think that they would have told me that a double room was available seeing that was what I asked for in the beginning...why did I have to ask them?

Room Tip: Make sure you call the day before to ensure you get a room you requested. I requested a double quee...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel for it's close proximity to the 'L' that we used for a Cubs/Cards game weekend. We didn't want to pay downtown hotel prices and was able to book a suite at this hotel for 1/3 what other hotels were asking. Although it made for a long ride to Wrigley, it did save us a lot of money!

The room was extremely comfortable and the bed very cozy. There is a duvet on the comforter that got annoying because I do a lot of moving in my sleep-my foot kept getting caught inside the opening. Oh well, I was still able to sleep well.

We went to the restaurant in the morning and opted for the buffet-very pricey and the most expensive buffet I've ever had. I do not eat meat and was able to enjoy my meal as well as my husband. Service kind of lacked, though. We never got a refill on our juice, which after paying that much you'd expect a little more.

Check in and check out was a breeze and the front desk staff was happy to help out of towners with directions on how to get anywhere.
There is a Starbucks next to the front desk which was a great addition to us staying there. Although we mainly fly out of STL, if we do decide to fly out of OHare, we will keep this hotel in mind.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. There is no excuse for the poor service you recieved from our restaurant servers. This is not indicative of our hotel and I have reviewed your comments with our restaurant manager. On the other hand, we are very lucky to have a superb location and a great front desk staff at the hotel. We hope to welcome you and your husband back again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel lobby and bar is very modern & sheek! The staff was the best! I was there for a conference and the guys that helped with set-up were super friendly and very helpful. Morgan at the front desk had the best personality and was simply a joy! He assisted with all my needs and always gave his undivided attention. Miriam and one of the other young ladies at the desk were also helpful. I highly recommend the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel. Morgan, Miriam and our Front Desk staff and our Banquet Team are fantastic! We’ll be sure to share your review with them.
Summerside, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business. The hotel room was as expected. Clean, spacious and modern. The staff on arrival were ultra professional and friendly. The restaurant had a very good menu and the food was pricey but flavourful. Breakfast Buffett was excellent. Overall, a very nice hotel in the OHare airport area.

• Stayed June 2014
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
It was our pleasure to provide you with the outstanding service that every guest deserves.
We look forward to many more stays to come!
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was at this hotel for not only a wedding but for business as well. The staff was very polite and helpful. The food was excellent at the wedding reception. The only blip was that they seemed to never have enough carts if you needed to get items to and from rooms....I suspect that people were leaving in their rooms and not getting them in to the hallways or back downstairs.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: was close to airport but very very quiet, free wifi for work and great room for conference or recept...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff, we’re very fortunate to have such a great team, and behalf of all of us, we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently visited this property and I must say for the price it was wonderful. The bedding was awesome and comfortable. The hotel and the rooms were beautifully decorated. Although I had a mishap upon arrival, it was taken care of promptly and the staff was GREAT!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear about your mishap upon arriving, but thankful that the mistake was resolved. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of you company again,
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have generally been pleased with this hotel as a launch pad for vacations leaving from O'hare...horrible experience checking in this time though. Line was six or seven deep and only one person working the desk. I had to ask the manager to call people back from break just to get checked in after waiting 30 minutes!
No linens for pullout bed. Room and lobby were clean. Plenty of other options in the area to try next time.

Stayed August 2014
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Your feedback has been reviewed with our Front Office manager and be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Been to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!