“Would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Explore Chicago for Less!
Ranked #65 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I purchased two rooms for a short family getaway from Wisconsin. Upon arrival, our room was very clean. No surprises in the bathroom, which is where you normally find them!

It took awhile for us to check in, but I really cannot complain because the hotel allowed us to check in two hours early! I don't know how much parking normally is in this area, but it cost us $24/night. The parking structure was very clean and there were plenty of spots, so again, no complaints.

My main issue with this hotel was the noise issues. There are constantly airplanes flying overheard because this hotel is near the airport. I could handle that. What was really frustrating was how loud the music was on Saturday evening because of a wedding. I understand hotels have weddings and that is to be expected, but we were four floors up and the noise level made it hard for my mother and our children to sleep. At one point I had to turn on a "white noise" app to help drown out the noise from the event.

Overall I was very happy. This hotel is near plenty of restaurants, including family-friendly options, which is really important for us. It's also easy access to the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, and providing us with your comments in regards to your stay with us. Feedback & comments from our guests are incredibly important to us, and will assist us in identifying those areas that require improvement, which will enable us to better accommodate and satisfy our guests and their needs. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of you company again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family and I decided to plan a trip to Chicago for the Fourth of July and it was great because we stayed in a fantastic hotel with great customer service. Before we checked out we were patiently awaiting one of our family members to come and pick us up. We had been sitting in the lobby for more than six hours. The manager, Morgan, took very special care of my family and I he provided us with snacks, water, and even bought of dinner from the hotel. He was a complete gentleman and such a wonderful Samaritan. He made our wait so perfect and made sure we were very well taken care of. I can't possibly ever thank him enough. The stay at the hotel was great, the prices, the room, everything! But, the wonderful customer service from the employees and especially Morgan was splendid! The next time I visit Chicago I am definitely staying there again. Perfect time and great people!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff, we’re very fortunate to have such a great team. Morgan is a fundamental part of our team and truly strives to connect with every guest he encounters. . Your kind comments will make his day. I am so pleased that we are your hotel of choice when you stay in Chicago and we anxiously await your return!!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son and I had an unexpected layover in Chicago on our trip home from Stockholm, Sweden. We used our ever faithful Marriott Card to locate a hotel, they graciously found us a room. I was kept on the phone and put on hold a number of times trying to arrange a pickup. Finally, we took a cab. We were greeted by a surly receptionist. The hotel lobby was beautfiul. We reached our room and asked that the sofa bed be made up, we were handed a mattress pad and a sheet. After two more requests it was done. Door knobs were hanging off the door, a bathrobe in the closet was so filthy it couldn't be worn. I was relieved to check out.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; it is always disappointing when a customer experience is less than expected. Needless to say, we always strive for a flawless stay; a promise and goal that we were unable to fulfill. Your feedback has been reviewed with our Front Office and Housekeeping managers and be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice place. Had an issue with the bathroom not being quite clean upon arrival. Great reaction from Morgan at Front Desk, got us changed immediately and validated our parking for the inconvenience. Jim (shuttle bus driver) was also Awesome!! Gave us dining recommendations and took us to a great Italian restaurant. Also gave us options for things to do the following day because of rain. Had a wonderful brunch in the hotel restaurant on Sunday. Great staff!! Super close to the "L" train, about a block. Great for getting into the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. There is no excuse for a guestroom bathroom that has not been thoroughly cleaned. This is not indicative of our hotel and I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping manager. On the other hand, we are very lucky to have a superb location and a great staff at the hotel and I am glad it showed throughout your stay!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was not our favorite. Best thing going for it is the fact it is a 2 minute walk to the L train station which takes you anywhere in Chicago. No where to eat at the hotel except for a Starbucks and an expensive restaurant where we spent $39 for breakfast and that was me getting oatmeal. Wi-fi in the room will cost you $12.95 and if you park a car, it is $24/night. Use the train. Room was freezing and the thermostat was either freezing or too hot. No way to control it properly. Somebody's room service tray stayed in our hall for 2 days by their door. Staff very courteous that we spoke to.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We understand the need to have access to the Internet during your stay, we do provide options for in room connectivity for a fee, as well as, complimentary internet to all of our guests in the social spaces in our Lobby. For your dining pleasure, our hotel provides a breakfast buffet with many options to choose from or one of our Navigators will be delighted to provide local area discoveries for dining. Hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
North Washington, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! From the moment I arrived, to the moment I left...this was the best hotel experience I have ever had. Morgan at the front desk was AWESOME! He has such a positive energy. Always so pleasant to every guest, and took care of anything we needed. Rooms were clean, spacious, and the hotels bar and restaurant had delicious food. The service in the restaurant was great too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your review and recognition of the excellent service delivered during your stay with us at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. Morgan is a fundamental part of our team and truly strives to connect with every guest he encounters. Your kind comments will make his day and I look forward to sharing your review. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.
Columbia Station, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel was fine with an excellent breakfast buffet, but the best thing was the manager. I had in a rush left my tablet in the business center just before I checked out. I called that evening from Cleveland, and Morgan M. (one of the managers there) dropped what he was doing, went and found the tablet which was amazingly still there, called me back immediately, kept the tablet secure over the weekend, and had it sent to me at the first opportunity. It was great having such great service in a don't care world. Thanks to Morgan and Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suties Hotel. Morgan is fantastic, we are very fortunate to have him on our team. We’ll be sure to share your review with him.

Been to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!