Three adult family members stayed in the Renaissance O'Hare for three nights. Our activities centered around downtown Chicago but we stayed at the Renaissance because it was SO much cheaper than staying downtown. Comparable hotels downtown were $229 a night and we paid $109 at the Ren.
We bought a $14 three-day El pass and used the heck out of it. The Blue line is just about a block from the hotel - even my 82 yr old mother could handle that. Once on the blue line, it is a straight shot to the center of downtown and takes 30 - 40 minutes.
Everything about the Renaissance was great with one exception. The sofa bed mattress was horrible. I really REALLY mean horrible. Perhaps if you had two small kids sleeping on it, it wouldn't be an issue but for an adult, it was very uncomfortable. The other two beds were very comfortable.
The room was clean, the bathroom was roomy and the decorations were attractive.
The hotel bar, which is the 'restuarant' at night, offered a limited menu and the music was too loud. Since the hotel is pretty much isolated and on an expressway, it was nice to have a place to grab a bite in the late evening. There is a Starbucks in the lobby serving pastry and coffee until about 5 pm.
Internet is available in the room (wired) for about $10 and wireless is free in the hotel lobby.
This was my third time staying at the Renaissance and while I don't really like having to take the train downtown each day, I don't like paying 'downtown prices' even more.
The hotel seemed to be filled with guests yet it was very quiet, which we loved. I was afraid, with so many guests in the common areas, that it would be noisy at night but we didn't hear a peep.
Our TV went out one evening and I called the front desk and a maintenance man was at our door in about 5 minutes. Great service!!
THere is a shuttle bus to and from the airport, too.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Chicago o`Hare Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Renaissance Chicago
- Renaissance Chicago o Hare Hotel
- Chicago Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Representing the epitome of sophistication, the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel exudes the soul of a boutique and the amenities of a state-of-the-art Chicago airport hotel. Located steps from the "L" Blue Line to Chicago and boasting complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to O'Hare Airport (ORD), this hotel near Chicago's O'Hare airport is a traveler's reprieve. Relax in our sparkling pool or work up a sweat in our fitness center. Stay connected with our business center or unwind in our lounge. Expressive yet functional, styled with touches of whimsy in warm, vibrant colors, guests will enjoy our hotel which is artfully balanced with just the right amenities to accommodate both business and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.