“Great Burger...BYOB” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
“Great Burger...BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We visited here since we saw great reviews on trip advisor. Burgers made to order with great toppings. I had the grass fed and my boyfriend had the bison. We ordered them cooked medium both were medium rare at best. Taste was great and service was quick. Beware it is BYOB which we didn't know but that was ok.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great Burgers - Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I went here for the first time with my friend. Surprised at how small the place is but in a way it makes sense--they focus on small batches of food and people at a time versus mass produced high-volume food. A short wait then greeted by a really nice man that patiently explained the food and how the order process works. I went with a standard cheddar cheese burger (that was not standard I assure you), but wanted to keep it simple for the first visit. My friend got the bison burger if I recall. Order of fries big enough for both. Coke (in the bottle). They had martinelli's apple juice too which was a good sign. Burgers were really good. Top notch. Mine didn't last too long and I made a mess but that's half the fun. Followed up with the square doughnuts (which I can't spell right now) and coffee flavored with chickory. Really fantastic service not only during ordering but 2 people came by during the meal to make sure all was well including the chef / owner. Great experience. Highly recommended.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great burger-will definitely go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This little spot is quaint, BYOB and singlemindedly focused on burgers as it's name implies. While prices are not cheap a single burger and fries made a generous lunch for 2 adults, so unless you are a lumberjack I would recommend sharing.

We had a grass fed beef burger and it was excellent. Not fussy in any way, with appropriate dressing of good pickles, bun etc. fries were hand cut. It seems the fries were fried in some type of animal fat as there was a warning to vegans. But let's be fair anyone who has has duck fat fries would never knowingly go back to crisco......

Opening hours are generous and continuous. We has a late lunch on the side patio free from crowds.

Will definitely go back.

For tourists this place is accessible by public transportation ( the El).

Visited June 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Best Burger Joint in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The menu and style is just awesome - choose your meat, toppings, seasoning, etc... You customize your burger to your style. Recommend the Grass Fed Beef! Also recommend the truffle mayo for the fries - it’s to die for!! The ice cream isn’t too shabby either. Best part... it’s a BYOB!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The burgers here are amazing. I would suggest going with a few people and planning on sharing at least a bite to sample the menu! It's BYOB, so grab some beers before you head over. This place is down the street from my apartment and I plan on going many more times this summer!