“Chicago visit” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati
“Chicago visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was our first stay at Hotel Lincoln. The location was perfect, as we were visiting relatives in Lincoln Park. The room had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable. Even though it was a rainy evening, we enjoyed the view from the rooftop bar. We have already made reservations for our next trip in a few weeks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Turkish first
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We recently went to Chicago to spend Thanksgiving and visit our children in Lincoln Park. While checking in I mentioned it was our anniversary. They surprised us with a bottle of wine and credit for any of their restaurants. They found our iphone (left it on a chair) and safely kept it behind the counter. We were also upgraded to a lovely mini suite. The coffee shop is a favorite of locals. The staff could not do enough for us and always greeted us with a smile and warm conversation. The lobby also was a warm, friendly area to visit with friends or just relax. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Clark Street is very busy day and night. You might want to ask for a room off the street. We stayed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Great service. We traveled with our 20 month old little girl and the staff was very pleasant. My 16 month old niece also was there and got sick one night. The night staff was extremely helpful/responsive with new linens. Coffee shop in lobby and bar/restaurant selection were great .

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay on the 24th of November. Great staff. Great location. They have a staff member from Bosnia who went an extra mile for me with luggage. When my phone battery died he let me use a phone charger and use his phone to let me call a friend. He was also very interesting to talk to. I will definitely be back at this place on my next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm not familiar with Chicago but thought that the location was great - I was on the 11th floor and had a beautiful view of the city, especially on a winter night!
They have two bars and a coffee lounge, the latter being very convenient when you're up early to catch a ride to the airport and it's a bit cold outside to try to find a coffee shop. I recommend the PB&J sandwich to go with your coffee!
The "rooftop" lounge I enjoyed very much since they're open till 1am and they're indoors. More beautiful views of the city! I was able to charge our tab to my room which was appreciated. They have delicious cookies as dessert with your drinks!
They allow dogs here so I'll have to keep that in mind in case I want to bring mine next time...and I'm pretty sure there'll be a next time!
The only thing that might bother someone is that the elevator to the rooms appear to be separate from the elevator to the rooftop lounge. So you essentially ride down one from your room to have to ride back up another to the lounge. Additionally, the elevator to the rooms is pretty "cozy." Might make someone feel a little claustrophobic.
The room was fairly small but adequate for a single or a couple. The heater in the room wasn't complicated and heated the room up quite nicely. I didn't see that it had a timer however, so you might wake up in the middle of the night having to turn it off.
The front desk staff was very friendly but I didn't have to trouble them with any special requests. I figure they'll be pretty accommodating though.
I can't offer any information on parking as I took a taxi here and back to the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Being from Chicago, it's always nice to have a mini staycation then and again. We get to see our city with new eyes. This was our second stay with Hotel Lincoln and we continue to enjoy it. Our new friend Glenn was super helpful, friendly and went out of his way to make sure we had the best stay possible. I strongly recommend everyone in Chicago and those passing through to check out this unique, hip hotel in a fabulous very walk able neighborhood in Chicago! The staff at Hotel Lincoln deserve a very positive review!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

What a great start to our Thanksgiving holiday. Lovely appointed room with fun art and a cheerful and polite staff. Highly recommend this delightfully young at heart hotel with free wi- fi.
Charming and interesting guests in the lobby including a well behaved Portuguese Water Dog.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!