“Best Affordable Hotel in Chicago!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #26 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis
“Best Affordable Hotel in Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed with another couple in April of 2013 in this fun Lincoln Park Boutique hotel. Everything here was top-notch, and all at a great price. If you happen to be a DePaul Alumni, ask for the discounted rate which is excellent. Both our rooms were on the fourth floor, and were well appointed, comfortable beds, quiet rooms, very clean. The bathroom was absolutely spotless. In room coffee was the best I have had in a long time. The rooms are not big, but they have a nice little desk, a comfy chair, a closet and a window with curtains that actually keep the light out. We never once felt cramped.

The staff could not have been friendlier! Our traveling partners accidentally left their key in the room on more than one occasion and the desk was so nice about getting them back in quickly. The doorman and porter were very friendly.

The coffee shop has excellent coffee and pastries, we did not eat their more substantial food but I am sure it was good as well. The restaurant itself was not open early on Sunday so we did not eat there. Opted to not visit the rooftop lounge as we wanted to get out in the city and see some real local pubs, rooftop bar seemed a bit crowded for our tastes. Since you can walk to several nice bars and restaurants you have lots of options. Plus, the Park is right there for some fun sightseeing in the Summer!

This is a light-hearted, funky little hotel so if you need lots of space and big grand lobbies, look elsewhere. If you need a clean, comfy, friendly place to stay, this is your hotel!

Local calls are an outrageous $1.00 each, so use your own phone to order pizza!

Overall I HIGHLY recommend this great hotel! I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are fine - no need to spring for the city view on higher floors unless you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Burbank, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotwire so I guess I should have expected to get a substandard sized room. There was barely enough room to open a suitcase and even when I did the suitcase touched both the wall and the bed. There is a tiny little desk, a tiny little chair to sit on, and a tiny little bathroom with no place to put any toiletries, just in case you wanted to unpack your toothbrush and shaving gear. The room was decorated well, very cute and updated, the bed was comfortable although instead of closet door there was a curtain. The closet was not much use since it held a tiny little bar for making coffee, an ice bucket and two glasses. That about filled up the closet. The overnight parking tab was bigger than the room. I am pretty familiar with Chicago, have spent many nights in hotels there and found the 44.00 parking tab a bit steep especially since the hotel was not on Michigan Avenue or in the Mag Mile area and the parking was in an open lot across the street from the hotel. The staff was nice and they even moved me to a larger teeny tiny little room when I asked but overall I felt really cramped in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotellincoln, General Manager at Hotel Lincoln, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Mr. JHXander,

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback about your recent experience. Our team very much appreciates your recognition of the service, cleanliness and the great location of the hotel however are we are disappointed that we were unable to make a difference on the room size.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Robert Shelley
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the moment we checked in, we felt like we had come home. Comfortable, quiet room, distinctively decorated with bright almost fluorescent accents.

Roof top lounge and adjacent patio provide city views with tasty appetizers and full bar service. Restaurant and coffee shop on first floor.

Staff is warm and welcoming.

Hotel is handicapped accessible.

• Stayed March 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked this hotel room through hotels.com. I know it says that you get a one bed room, but I wasn't expecting to get a postage stamp sized room with a double bed. I got to the room and thought that my 6ft 4 inch frame was not going to fit very well in this room. I am not in Europe. I asked for another room and of course for a $20.00 upgrade I could get a room with 2 queen beds. They didn't have any rooms with a king bed for 3 nights.

Once I got the room situation settled, every thing else was great. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. You feel like they want you to be there.

The roof top bar provides a nice view of the lakes hore. Martinis were $12.00 which you would expect at that kind of bar at the top of the hotel. We had a very enjoyable evening with friends there.

I think you just have to be specific about the type of room you want when you make your booking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé & I planned a mini get away ( we both just started new jobs & are parents). We stayed @ Hotel Lincoln for 2 nights/3 days.
* the room was small, the bathroom was pint sized, but well decorated. I loved the shabby chic style throughout.
* every corner of the hotel was immaculately clean.
* very friendly staff throughout.
* the coffee bar in the lobby had dynamic drinks.
* the location couldn't have been better.
* all in all, we were very pleased w our stay @ Hotel Lincoln.

• Stayed April 2013
Purchase, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here twice within 2 weeks, once for one night, the second time for 2 nights. Both times we had a good overall experience. The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooftop bar is awesome (had a couple drinks there). The place is overall very nice looking, and in a convenient location.

The rooms are quaint, well appointed, and generally comfortable. We got the room very cheap on Priceline, so I recommend trying that.

Two main complaints: the rooms are TINY, and the bathrooms. The bathrooms are small, and they have sliding doors that offer virtually NO privacy. There might as well not be a door into the bathroom, and the bedroom is so small that you feel like you're in the same room. This may matter to some more than others, but matters to me.

Otherwise, I would stay there again, and I think there's fairly limited hotel options in the Lincoln Park area anyway, so that's that.

Room Tip: They have rooms with Lake views, just be aware that the windows are screened and very small, so it d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hotel Lincoln during my quick trip to Chicago. Love the vibe, style and location. Our room was well designed and spacious, Staff was friendly and helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was great. Highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Lincoln? Share your experiences!