“Great alternative to Magnificent Mile mayhem” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #27 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great alternative to Magnificent Mile mayhem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Amazing location, staff and service. Very short walk to Old Town and all the associated entertainment and restaurants. Across street from Lincoln Park. Regular rooms are small but well appointed. Jr. Suite is huge with separate seating area. Even if you don't stay here you need to order the wings at the rooftop bar. Best ever. Seriously.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room, choose a junior suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed with our family for 2 nights to check out nearby colleges. Just entering the lobby was a pleasant surprise, very eclectic & fun design. The people at the desk were warm & welcoming & the rooms vibrant and comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean & modern. My husband & I enjoyed cocktails on the rooftop lounge and the coffee downstairs was excellent, but we didn't get a chance to try the onsite restaurant. It's in a great location and just around the corner is an wonderful restaurant that opens at 6:30 am with a hearty (and reasonable) breakfast menu - "Nookies". The best part was at check out when we received the bill. Such a wonderful cosmopolitan hotel for just $109 a night! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 415, nice spot, good view
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Hotel Lincoln was wonderful. The room was very clean and provided everything I needed for the night. The included IPod/iPhone/iPad dock make it convenient to charge or listen to your device. The lakeside view was amazing with Lincoln Park just in the lower corner.
Staff was wonderful to deal with, from offering their vegan options in the adjacent cafe to escorting me to my room twice after check out to retrieve forgotten items (thank-you again Glen!) the rooms are an adequate size considering their location to several areas and a CTA bus line right across the street you probably won't spend too much time in the room.
I was supposed to go to Lady Gaga but a last minute cancelation meant a quick trip up to Boystown instead.

It did have wonderful bath and body products for use. My only complaint was the in room heater kept cycling off on on 3 minute intervals with no option for longer and the walls are a little thin as to hear a loud conversation in the next room.
I will consider booking here again in the future for its location and staff

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Used to live in the area and came into town for dinner with friends. Will certainly make this our Chicago sleepover spot. Great location, great hotel, great coffee shop! I like the quirky decor and the staff was remarkably friendly. Everyone we met from the front desk to the laundry guy in the elevator asked us how we were enjoying our stay. Our room was small, but well appointed, bed was quite comfy. When our TV wasn't working properly, an electrician arrived in less than five minutes and had it fixed in another five. Three minutes later the front desk called to make sure all was well. I definitely recommend the Hotel Lincoln!

Room Tip: A park view is the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

All was going well from the point at which we checked in. We were here on 2/10/13 to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday. Front desk clerk wsd very nice and helpful. Valets and bellman also great. The problem is with the mechanicak adpects of our room... room 1208. The room's walk hvac unit BLASTED out heat no matter what hest setting (even on low) we tried. We were so hot, we had to turn it off. But when we did, it made a terrible noise. Then, at 2:30 AM we were awoken to a sound like an alarm. It was in the pipes. Called front desk. They sent up the maintenance guy who heard it but could do nothing. It is 3:06 AM as I write this and we can't sleep. Sound finally went away... BUT... when we went to get a drink of cold water... are you ready for this??? ONLY SCALDING hot water cane out of the cold water faucets... all if them. Sounds like we are in the Amittyville Horror room... we're waiting for the flies to come next! Whatever money they spent on renovations... Wasted on this room!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Hotellincoln, General Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to speak with us off line in regard to your recent visit with us. We certainly apologize for the errors and we look forward to earning your trust with us. As you see from the many comments we receive, your stay was not a typical representation of what our many guest experience. Thank you again and we I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

Bob Shelley
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for two nights to do a talk at DePaul. I had a lovely view of snowy Lincoln Park from my room. I did not eat at the restaurant but did get coffee in the lobby cafe and a drink in the rooftop bar--both were very good.

My room was comfortable but really tiny. The desk was barely big enough for my laptop, and the bathroom was ridiculously small. To make the in-room coffee, I had to drag the coffeepot out of the closet and perch it precariously on the small glass shelf in the bathroom.

It was noisy. The walls were very thin and the pipes and heating made a lot of noise. The bed was comfortable and the temperature fine, but I didn't sleep well either night because noises from other rooms woke me up several times.

The staff was great--really friendly and helpful. My bill got messed up at checkout, but I'm not sure if that was their fault or DePaul's.

Anyway, it was fine--but for the price, I'd like a bit more room and a bit more quiet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Goderich, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Booked this hotel on a whim and was glad I did. It is a chic little hotel right at the corner of Lincoln Park. We were within five minutes walk of the Lincoln Park Zoo, Lincoln Park Conservatory, Chicago History Museum, and Second City. Everything else was only a short cab ride away. Buses stop literally across the road, as well. Our room was bigger than expected from pictures, but I think the rooms are sort of fit into an odd shaped building, so all rooms are not the same size. Also, the view from our room was an inner courtyard....hardly inspiring. There is a great restaurant and a decent cafe on site, as well as a small but useful business centre and fitness centre. The selection of movie rentals in the room was fantastic, but prices were quite expensive. The staff were all patient, courteous, and accommodating, aside from a minor incident in which they accused us of stealing a body pillow.
All in all, this hotel is definitely one worth checking out!

Room Tip: Try to get a park view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!