“Good location, clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of River Hotel

Save Saved
You added River Hotel to your Saves list
River Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 East Wacker Drive, (also known as Club Quarters), Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer, Save More!
Ranked #52 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Minnesota
“Good location, clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

I stayed at the hotel for a week in late August. I knew that rooms were considered small be some reviewers, but I did not find them to be cramped. The check-in/check-out procedure was good. The public areas were fine. I normally had no problem getting to use a computer in the public area. My room was clean and generally well kept by staff. The location is great if you walk, use public transit or the trolley system (paid one) for tourists. The hotel has a small bar and the restaurant is fine.

My only concern would be as construction on Trump Tower across the river progresses that noise levels may get high. It was not a problem at my visit. I had a fine few of the Chicago River. My visit was good and I would stay again. it is not an awesome experience, but it did not create stress or disappoint.

• Stayed August 2005

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

Got this room for $60 a night. It's right on Wacker and Michigan - so convenient for all the shopping and an excellent location.

As stated the rooms aren't large, but I was by myself so I didn't mind, although even if I had my partner with me I still think it would be fine.

The most important thing for me as a single traveller though was that it was clean, bright and very safe feeling. The bathroom was very clean and modern (I can't stand fusty old bathrooms), the bed was comfy, you get a desk with wireless access and TV, Microwave and Fridge. So very happy with the room.

The service was also very good and efficient. They even let me leave my baggage with them a week later when I was back in Chicago even though I didn't stay with them that night.

The Italian cafe attached is excellent! I had great pasta and salad there and the service was fantastic. All in all a great stay for the price. The corner cafe also does great breads.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Been to River Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about River Hotel

Address: 75 East Wacker Drive, (also known as Club Quarters), Chicago, IL 60601
Location: United States > Illinois > Chicago > The Loop
#45 Romantic Hotel in Chicago
#57 Family Hotel in Chicago
#61 Business Hotel in Chicago
Hotel Class:3.5 star — River Hotel 3.5*
Private, full service hotel with 121 rooms located on the Chicago river. Just one block north of River Hotel is the magnificent mile, famous for shopping. The hotel is a convenient walk to the Chicago Cultural Center, Grant Park, and Marina City. River Hotel is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location. River Hotel provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 6 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
River Hotel Chicago
Club Quarters Chicago
Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
Club Quarters Wacker Michigan

If you own or manage River Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.