We chose the River Hotel solely by internet research, based on location (directly on the river) and the architecture (I'm an architect). It's a quirky/cool highrise from 1928, that looks like a 40-story rocket...a seemingly secret gem that even the locals don't know about - right under their noses. Just steps from Michigan Ave, the River Hotel is really in the center of everything. My wife and I arrived in the early afternoon mid-week and asked for a river-facing room, if available. Pedro, who was running the desk, assigned us a room on the 6th floor with an awesome view due west of all the bridges crossing the river. And directly across the river in full view from our large window: the Marina Towers, the Tribune Tower, a Mies van der Rohe highrise and the recently completed Trump Tower...a visual feast of what Chicago does best! The room was compact but extremely well-designed, and the bathroom was clean and functional. If I could offer one negative comment, the room security card was frequently "glitchy" when we tried to operate the elevators from the main lobby, and we had to summon assistance on several occasions. A minor nuisance - this was one case where the hotel made the trip truly memorable. We stayed 4 nights and for the price this was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - and I travel a lot for business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service hotel with 121 rooms located on the Chicago river. Just one block north of River Hotel is the magnificent mile, famous for shopping. The hotel is a convenient walk to the Chicago Cultural Center, Grant Park, and Marina City. River Hotel is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location. River Hotel provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 6 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan