“Reasonable price for perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Hotel

You added River Hotel to your Saves list
River Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 East Wacker Drive, (also known as Club Quarters), Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Special Offer
Book Now and Save More!
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Draper, Utah
“Reasonable price for perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I attended a conference at the McCormick center in Oct. I declined to stay in the hotel adjacent to the convention center and stayed here instead. I'm glad I did. It was easy to get around the city using CTA and Metra. The hotel overlooks the Chicago river and is right across from the Trump Tower. I had a room on the corner of the hotel with excellent views. There are no shortage of good restaurants in the area. The hotel is right at the top of Michigan Avenue. Bus stops are right outside the hotel. The nearest CTA stops are a manageable 3-4 blocks. The room was small, but clean, comfortable and quiet (although the sound of emergency vehicles can bounce around between buildings and make some noise). The first night we stayed, they were filming a movie in the street in front of the hotel (maybe Transformers 4?). I was surprised how clean and safe this area of Chicago felt. While there are plenty of panhandlers in the area, they were rarely aggressive. When we checked out the last day, they were nice enough to hold our bags for us and give them to us later that evening (we had a late flight). The staff was always willing to help out. The fitness center was just fine, it had everything I need. I really enjoyed my stay in Chicago and the location of this hotel was a big part of it. Take some time to get to know how to use the public transportation. It's reliable, convenient to the hotel, and inexpensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
West Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 5 days at this conveniently located hotel in September. There were many restaurants within walking distance and we walked to Solider stadium for the football game as well. (Long walk). The rooms were small, but a $20/night upgrade gave us a mini-suite which included a tub (regular rooms are very small and have showers). Free Wi-Fi and free bottled water was appreciated. Staff were friendly and the onsite restaurant served us a tasty breakfast (not included).

Room Tip: Pay $20/night upgrade to get a larger room - very much worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location, clean, updated and efficient room, and very knowledgeable and helpful staff. This was our first stay at the River, and we will stay there again. I'm not sure what differentiates the River from Club Quarters, I expect it is a marketing tool?
Thanks Pedro for your help!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay in this hotel for one night, 2 days. The room was amusing, we could share it with my mother and sister since it was like an apartment with 2 baths and little kitchen. Super great location but not pool. People was very nice too

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fantastic location, updated rooms, and easy in & out. While the window was small, the view down the Chicago River was impressive. I'd stay here again! I liked the environmental aspects, with the bottled water refills and an emphasis on recycling. Also ate at the attached restaurant. Good Italian food!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the River Hotel while in Chicago for a business meeting. I didn't realize at the time that I booked the reservation that it is essentially the same hotel as ClubQuarters, to which I hold a membership. When I asked if I could get the Club rate, the staff was extremely accommodating. The room was clean, had a microwave and mini fridge. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. It is close to everything, and I had a great view of the Chicago river. I used the fitness room, which was basic but clean. Free wifi is hard to find in hotels these days, so that was extremely helpful too.

Sunnyvale CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm a American Airlines Flight Attendant and this was my first time at our new layover Hotel..

We walk in and was greet my a professional check-in desk employee...TIm and sorry I can't remember the Africa American gentlemen name...there were professional, friendly and super help. One of them told us about a Irish Pub that give us 20% off and that is a great bonus for flight crew...

The room was clean and very nice...Those my TV is small...and needs to be look at...the picture was too dark or too lite....I will report that before I leave today.

Overall a great hotel...very clean, very friendly and professional staff..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to River Hotel? Share your experiences!