I attended a conference at the McCormick center in Oct. I declined to stay in the hotel adjacent to the convention center and stayed here instead. I'm glad I did. It was easy to get around the city using CTA and Metra. The hotel overlooks the Chicago river and is right across from the Trump Tower. I had a room on the corner of the hotel with excellent views. There are no shortage of good restaurants in the area. The hotel is right at the top of Michigan Avenue. Bus stops are right outside the hotel. The nearest CTA stops are a manageable 3-4 blocks. The room was small, but clean, comfortable and quiet (although the sound of emergency vehicles can bounce around between buildings and make some noise). The first night we stayed, they were filming a movie in the street in front of the hotel (maybe Transformers 4?). I was surprised how clean and safe this area of Chicago felt. While there are plenty of panhandlers in the area, they were rarely aggressive. When we checked out the last day, they were nice enough to hold our bags for us and give them to us later that evening (we had a late flight). The staff was always willing to help out. The fitness center was just fine, it had everything I need. I really enjoyed my stay in Chicago and the location of this hotel was a big part of it. Take some time to get to know how to use the public transportation. It's reliable, convenient to the hotel, and inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service hotel with 121 rooms located on the Chicago river. Just one block north of River Hotel is the magnificent mile, famous for shopping. The hotel is a convenient walk to the Chicago Cultural Center, Grant Park, and Marina City. River Hotel is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location. River Hotel provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 6 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan