“Great products and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 173 Shopping in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Adagio teas is a premium tea retailer specializing in loose leaf tea and teabags. They also feature teaware including handblown glass teapots and glasses, traditional tetsubin cast iron, yixing teapots, electric and stovetop kettles, and ceramic teapots and mugs. Adagio offers classes that range from tea 101, to food pairing and tea and health. The tea bar also shows an appreciation for the leaf as none of the specialty drinks use syrup or additives.
Hemlock, Michigan
40 attraction reviews
“Great products and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came in w/a Groupon for a tasting not knowing quite what to expect. Well, expect a knowledgeable and welcoming staff. Sensing our lack of knowledge, Jordan gave us an overview of the process while assessing our tastes, our experiences. We relied on his suggestions but he responded to our questions and we settled on 3 teas. His confident demeanor and his demonstration of different temps and times could have been off-putting but was not. This was not the sommelier deigning to share some knowledge with you. This was a man sharing his enthusiasm with us. Sadly we had theater tickets which put some pressure on the time well spent and he adjusted to that very well. We were not rushed. The cookies he paired with the tea were fun additions. The space is spotless and bright. I would recommend this experience to everyone.

Visited April 2013

Hays, Kansas
“Unexpected gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Was in Chicago for a conference and heard about an after-hours event at this location. Had a great time with very knowledgeable employees and took home great tea and new drink recipes. Looking forward to dropping in on them again sometime.

Valparaiso, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“Best Tea Store by far - Adagio Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Discovered this store by chance as my husband and I strolled State street. I have been to many tea stores and have found them to be a bit snooty and uncomfortable. Not so with Adagio. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and easy to talk to, asking about our preferences rather than pushing the tea of the day. To help us decide on our tea purchase, they set up a taste test of 3 teas of our choosing and were not offended when there was a tea we did not like at all. They have an impressive array of teas, in both standard and custom blends, and in bag or loose leaf form. Every tea I have tried has been smooth and flavorful. I will definitely purchase more of their teas, in store and online.

Visited July 2012
Brampton, Canada
30 attraction reviews
“Wide variety, & fresh, ready to go Iced Teas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a nice chat with knowledgable staff, while browsing their large selection of loose and packed teas. t was a hot day yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised to see they had purebred iced teas ready to go. I tried 2, decided on a herbal tea with berry undertones, and enjoyed sipping that as I continued my walk. They also had packaged cookies, and well as accessories for loose tea - I.e. Filters, etc. Very helpful staff.

Myrtle Beach
4 attraction reviews
“The best tea shop experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This tea shop has the friendliest, knowledgable owner and staff. We were able to sample teas, while learning all about the tea varieties. I was able to have my teas shipped directly to my house. My friend and I had a great time in this shop. The shop was also clean and beautiful. We had such a great time we canceled our high tea reservation and went back to this shop for a second shopping day. Thanks for a wonderful time. Lorraine and Ellen