“Awesome funky hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

You added ACME Hotel Company Chicago to your Saves list
ACME Hotel Company Chicago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
3RD NIGHT FREE
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Canberra, Australia
“Awesome funky hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a great hotel. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and provided us with some tourist information about chicago and a map of the area. The room was funky and had a zipper painted on the wall and large red lips on the bathroom mirror. The room also had a table and chairs which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hello, Amy P!

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the ACME and that our staff were so accommodating. We hope to see you again next time you're in Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I discovered the Acme last year by accident and left a glowing review on TA. We are just back from another visit and it was even BETTER! They've now added a great mixology bar THE BERKSHIRE ROOM. Excellent! On this visit the Manager, Mark sought out our group ( I had brought several of my company up for a concert) and made it his personal mission to see to our needs, get us in our rooms early and secure us a great little side room at the Berkshire. Above and beyond. And the cool, sophisticated, unique, hip and smartness of the hotel I found the first time was still strong and omnipresent. Great location, staff, service, clean, pro..... on and on top notch! ALL OF THIS AND IT IS ONE OF THE MOST REASONABLY PRICED ROOMS IN THE AREA!! i wish there was an ACME in every city- I wish there was one in Nashville, I would send every visitor there in a heart beat. I LOVE THE ACME AND YOU WILL TOO!!!!!

Room Tip: I ve stayed in several and they are all good- the inner court yard rooms have trapeze figures....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi, craig55529!

Thanks very much for the glowing review! I'm overjoyed to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed your experience so much. I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to Mark; he'll be so glad to hear it. We definitely look forward to having you stay again soon!
ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was in town for pleasure and was looking for a quality hotel in a great location that wouldn't break the bank. This hotel was perfect.

The cons: the rooms are small, they don't have much of a view, and there's pretty minimal space to hang your clothes.

But the pros? Everything else. The staff are great. The room had a hell of a rock star motif, and despite being small they're really quite functional. I had a couple of pals up for a pit stop, and even four people can hang out in there for a while. They fit a lot of seating room in the space they've got. The decorator deserves some kind of award.

The Berkshire Room downstairs, a total high quality bar. But they're totally missing some key spirits from their lineup. No Jagermeister? Great, you're making your point you're too good for that, but that doesn't help your customers who wanted it none.

I didn't eat at the bakery myself, but the lads who did gave me rave second-hand reviews.

All in all, I can't reccomend the place enough. Value A+.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed 2 nights at Acme Hotel Company. We booked online directly with the hotel and then spent the time between booking and arriving worrying about the hotel, purely based on it's name.... We needn't have worried. The hotel entrance is small by other big chain hotels, but it's certainly plenty big enough for checking in and out. We had the tiniest of waits, as there were 2 couples booking in just ahead of us, and the staff were super friendly, enthusiastic and apologetic for the wait. Check in was seamless and we were on our way to the elevators. They are very cool, with amazing album artwork on the wall and great music playing during the ride.

We stayed on the top floor, 1507, and it was perfect. Again, possibly a little on the small side, but we had plenty of room to hang out - there's a neat snack 'bar' opposite the fridge and paid for snack area - we didn't have any of these, so can't comment on them. The bed was so comfortable, the air was just as noisy as any other hotel I've stayed in, Westins included, so no big deal. The bathroom is very cool. The big red lips on the corner of the mirror act as a night light, so no need to put all the lights on the middle of the night. The design is very modern and contemporary and above all spotlessly clean - the whole room was, but particularly the bathroom. The complimentary toiletries smelled great and didn't wreck my skin. There are cotton robes for guests to use during their stay. They're very comfortable. Hair dryer was good too.

We dropped into the Berkshire Room on our way back for a nightcap, it's a little more 'clubby' than 'pubby'. Lots of younger people (we're 40 and were easily the oldest people there). We only stayed for one cocktail - I don't often pay $12 for a one shot cocktail but we were vacationing! The drink was okay, nothing special but not terrible.

Being on the top floor, we didn't hear any noise or passing foot traffic, which was great.

The morning Joe coffee, knock and drop was perfect. The thermos' work and the coffee was good. My only criticism of this is that ordering the night before, you don't always know when you're going to wake up - personally, I'd have liked a coffee machine in the room so that I could suit myself, but that's a small nit-pick.

The location couldn't have been better for us. We were there for girls weekend and everything we wanted was on our doorstep, or just around the corner. In a 2-3 minute walk to the right of the hotel, we were on Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue). There are wealth of restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the hotel - and bars :-).

Captain Karl was so helpful when we were checking out. He stored our bags until we were leaving for the airport, always with a smile and some friendly city advice.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, I had a truly wonderful time at the Acme Hotel Company. I can't wait to visit them again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I and our 7MO baby stayed at Acme for 3 nights this month.

Our room was clean and nicely decorated. However, it was quite small. It didn't bother us too much as we're used to condo life, but if you want more space or are traveling with a lot of stuff, you might want to upgrade from a standard King. We were located on the 3rd floor facing the inside of the building, so if you also enjoy natural light or are planning to spend a lot of time at the hotel, ask for a room with a view. This didn't bother us either as we would have drawn the blackout blinds during the day for nap time.

Other than that, the staff was really incredible. Super friendly and really informative. Location is great. Very close to Magnificent Mile, a nice walk to Navy Pier, easy to catch cabs, etc. Also just around the corner from a grocery store and Trader Joe's. Lots of resto's closeby. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: - ask for a room with a view if you want natural light - standard king is small, but adequate for s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
North Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed recently for three nights at ACME, the hotel as advertised with clean rooms and deco interiors. Rooms are small but clean and well appointed. Best of all ACME is centrally located between the Magnificent Mile and State and in walking distance to many of the downtown tourist attractions. ACME has a bistro coffee shop attached to it that makes great sandwiches and soups. Beyond the lobby is a "small platters" bar that opens at 4:00 PM for drinks, but nor full meal service, but have no fear there are many great restaurants in close vicinity.

Room Tip: Be aware rooms are small with no closets and if possible the higher you are the better to minimize n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been traveling for over thirty years and lived out of hundreds of hotel rooms. Many of these trips were into the Chicago area and I am excited to find a new birthing location at the Acme Hotel.

We were met by Karl and were immediatly impressed by the generous smile and hand held out to my bride as she exited our car. While the parking garage next to the entrance is not directly accessed through the hotel, the entrance is adjacent to the entry. The discounted parking fees allowed for in-and-out passage throughout the day and truely affordable in relative terms to other Chicago hotels. Our check-in was delightfully cheerful and the front person reminded us about the "knock and drop" free coffee delivered in the morning if we wished. (It was actually a minute early........!) The independent bakery housed within the hotel was excellent! We did not participate in the bar as we had already enjoyed ourselves elsewhere.

Our room was tastefully modern and the 'lips' on the bathroom mirror acted as a nightlight. While small by some US standards, it was comfortable for two. Our bed was very comfortable. The only drawback was the pay per use refrigerator and nut canisters on the counter. I accidentally bumped one of the canisters and I was charged $5 on my bill. This was credited when we checked out, but somewhat irritating.

The second night, we woke up to water dripping to the floor from the air conditioning unit. When we walked out for breakfast, we noted this to the front desk. When we returned a hour or so later, we opened the door to find two technicians repairing the unit!.

WHAT? Is this Chicago?

They apologized profusely, but we were there only to pick up backpacks and continue our day. Outstanding service and attention to the needs of Acme's clients.

Acme's location is within easy walking distance to the Near North SIde restaurants etc. and Taxi's are quickly hailed by Karl if needed or you don't want to drive (in rush hour traffic). Like any big city the local fire department announced their passing. Otherwise, the room was quiet with no sounds of any neighbors. The third floor window view was great for people watching.

Great hotel for the experienced traveler who doesn't need to feel obligated to drop a tip in a hand every few minures! (I enjoyed the drop because it was for true service). I highly recommend the Acme Hotal to you! Check out their online specials deals, AND many thanks to the staff for a very positive Chicago experience.

Room Tip: Check out "Specials" on-line directly with hotel. Parking is less expensive here if you ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ACME Hotel Company Chicago? Share your experiences!