“Such a cool hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

Save Saved
You added ACME Hotel Company Chicago to your Saves list
ACME Hotel Company Chicago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #24 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Such a cool hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a cool idea Acme Hotel put together. Absolute great location in the City. Very, very accommodating staff who gave accurate recommendations for dinner and breakfast. Clean. The only way to describe the room is "so cool!" Thermos of coffee delivered to my door each morning. Breakfast in bed for $5! And the rate cannot be beat. I will not stay anywhere else the next time I vist Chicago.

Room Tip: Go for the suite. It's so worth the few extra dollars!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi jrg355!!
One word! Yay! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The coffee and breakfast is a nice added perk of our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Chicago! Thank again!!

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

What a great place and such good value. The location was perfect, the service was great and the rooms brilliant with comfy beds and good style. The morning coffee was a hit as well as the free breakfast which wasn't over the top but just what you need.

If going back I would definitely stay here given the location near Michigan Ave and value provided.

If only the Bears won at the game we went to and the stay would have been perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Bradmase!!
Thank you for the great comments on your stay at the ACME! We are happy you were able to enjoy the perks, the free Morning Joe, the Knock and Drop Breakfast and great location of the ACME. As we Chicagoans say about our sports teams, “there's always next year!!” We still love our BEARS and a win would have been great, so we need you to come back and give the team good luck. Meanwhile, our Blackhawks are doing pretty good and we always have our ever lovable Cubs and our hard working Sox. Can’t wait to see you again soon.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just finished a stay here. There is a lot to love about the Acme Hotel. The location is GREAT - right off the red line (which was perfect for me - everything I wanted to do was off the red line) , and close to a bunch of things on its own (grocery market around the corner, several restaurants right out on the street). Also, considering the location, the price is amazing. I had a Queen City View room on the 13th floor - the view was great (but if I stay again, I will ask for the 14th/15th floor to make it even better!). The bed was super comfy, the shower/bathroom was very updated and nice. Although the room is on the small side, it's still comfortable for 2 people and the view and modern/updated/cleanliness more than make up for the smaller size. The room looks fresh, as in - no peeling paint/wallpaper, sheets do not look used/worn, the fabric of the desk, the desk material, etc. were all in perfect condition) - again, making this hotel a great value and a very nice stay (I stayed with a significant other, and felt the room catered to making that a more intimate/romantic stay). The TV in the room was very nice with a decent enough channel selection. Overall, the hotel was quiet, which was nice. There were people staying in rooms on both sides of me and I never heard them. I saw some reviews complaining about the AC noise, but it didn't bother me. The room looked as good as it did Day 1 each day - thanks to the cleaning staff for that! There is a nice area in the lower level, which I utilized for the computer with printer to print out tickets for some shows. There is a hot tub and gym downstairs, but I did not utilize that. I would absolutely stay here again (and most likely will when I make a visit to Chicago again in late April/May) and would recommend you do not pass this up. When I was originally browsing for hotels, I kept passing over this hotel for one reason or another - but I'm glad I ultimately decided on this one. Very happy with my stay here and look forward to coming back.
I voted down 1 for a few small things. I signed up for the coffee drop every morning at 9 (which is something advertised all over for this hotel - and honestly, a small factor in why I decided on this one) and did not get coffee delivered on any of the 3 days I stayed here. This is a small, non-essential thing - but still a bit annoying when it is something so talked about, something that was asked at the desk at check in, and never received. It wasn't so much a problem to me, but the person who was staying with me asked about it each day - he was definitely disappointed (and although there is coffee in the lobby, he wanted morning coffee as he was getting ready, as we usually were on our way out to get food immediately after being ready so bringing coffee on the go would have been a waste). Also, when I booked online - it says if you book directly through the website (which I did) you can get the breakfast option for free each day - however, that was not offered to me at check in and when I asked about it the desk staff did not seem to be aware of the website saying that (but it does). Again, not a major issue, just another thing that swayed me to stay here that was not followed through on. The staff's cleaning supplies were left in the room on several occasions, which again, not a deal breaker, but something I could have done without. Another thing I wish was different is if the mini fridge had a price for the drinks. I wanted water most nights, but didn't touch it because I didn't know if it would be $3 or $10. And lastly, as soon as I arrived, I attempted to flush the tissue (1 tissue) that I used to wipe off makeup, only to find out the toilet did not work properly. It took a bit of time for them to fix it.
Little issues, things that did not make my stay by any means bad, and I would gladly come back, but still - things that are advertised about this place (the coffee and breakfast) which swayed me to this hotel and not followed up on, and some tiny issue with the toilet. Overall, though, I had a great stay.

Room Tip: get the queen room on a high floor - double check when you get there about coffee/breakfast if you a...
Hello travelpants_11!
Thank you for taking the time to critique us. We are so honored! You brought up some very good points, and it is only with wonderful guests such as yourself that we know when we have fallen a little short of a distinctively memorable experience. Next time you’re here you’ll definitely have to try the hot tub, sauna and fitness center! Also, we hope to have our Bakery and Lounge open sometime in May in time for your next visit. We take feedback such as this to our staff and we try very hard to give all of our guests that unique, trendy, outstanding service that is the ACME. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, we can't wait!
louisville ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

stayed at acme for the three-day-mlk weekend and was very pleased.

a couple of observations/suggestions:
1. no coupons and the average price per night was $95 (parking was $35 total). great price, esp considering the location.
2. hvac unit was noisy
3. smart tv option didn't work and very few channels were in hd. kinda defeats the purpose of that type of tv.
4. needed snack machines on site. the bags of candy/nut in the room looked old, gross, and inadequate for late-night munchies. 7-11 is a little bit of a walk late night when its freezing outside.
6. delivered breakfast options ($5) and complimentary thermoses of coffee were great. appreciated those. .
7. hot tub closes at 11:00
8. maid service was great and thorough.
9. low water pressure
10. the bed was very comfortable

overall, a very positive first experience. will definitely consider acme next time

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Crystal Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Acme with my boyfriend. We had tickets to see a show, and had a coupon from Christmas to stay here (with the coupon, even the parking was FREE.)
IT WAS AMAZING.
The rooms are beautiful. The one we stayed in was huge. There was a living room, bathroom, and bedroom. They were all nicely sized. For two people, it was perfect.
Then, we went to the fitness area. It had a great array of work-out machines. Although we observed, we didn't go in. We went into the Jacuzzi, instead. It was incredibly romantic, and you can even control the bubbles and the way they move (as they insist, clothing/bathing suits are required....haha). We then went into the sauna, which was soooo relaxing.
Also, my boyfriend and I agreed it was the best night of sleep we'd gotten in a while. The bed was comfy, and the pillows were heavenly.
After all that, we walked around the neighborhood. There are SO many bars and restaurants. Never worry about not being able to find a drink or some food (which we've had problems with before in more remote areas like Galena.) We ended up going to Fado Irish Pub (which we also recommend) and it's only a couple blocks away.
It was literally a perfect night. We thank The Acme Hotel Company for having us, and we genuinely admired the generosity of the staff.
We definitely plan to stay again!!!! We 100% recommend staying here.

Hi kzeller91!!
Here at the ACME we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments!! We are glad the ACME was able to make your night a memorable one filled with relaxation! The ACME is in a great location and most guests agree that there is always something to do! The Fado Irish Pub is a great spot just a few blocks away. We thank you for taking the time to write this review! We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Chicago!!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in January, using a Groupon for a King Suite. I agree with other reviewers that the staff was quite friendly and efficient. The room was a bit small for my taste. Thankfully, since it was a suite, there was a comfortable sitting area with sink, microwave, TV, and refrigerator. The bathroom was very nicely decorated and had good shower and thick towels. I would highly recommend this hotel and room for someone visiting Chicago -- planning to spend a lot of time out sightseeing. You can fill the fridge with snacks and your own beverages and be quite happy to come back there after a long day on the town. If your package includes parking, it is a REAL steal. The self-parking is convenient and efficient. Acme may not be the best choice if you are looking for a romantic getaway where you spend most of your time in the room. There are no in-room movies or premium TV channels and no room service. While the bathroom is nice, it is compact.

Hello Alvalady!!
Thank you for taking the time to tell to us what you think of the ACME and we’re glad you were able to take advantage of the incredible Groupon deal. We appreciate your comments on the staff, they work hard to make sure every guest enjoys the ACME experience. We hope to see you again!!
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at ACME in the beginning of January. That was the most nicest hotel that I ever been. Interior decoration at the hotel was very trendy and my opinion is that hotels target group is younger people. I really love our room. Room was clean and one of the best things was that there is no fitted carpet! Hotels breakfast service was great! You can order you breakfast from 3 options. You tell to the receptionist which time you want your breakfast delivered. Staff deliver breakfast at morning knock your door and leave breakfast bag outside of your door. Breakfast was very good; for example croissant with ham and cheese, yoghurt and fresh fruits. Coffee included and if you don´t want breakfast you can only orders coffee(and its´s free). Breakfast costs only 5$. Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed the ACME and all the extras!! The Knock and Drop breakfast service is definitely a favorite with our guests! Our interior decor is a huge part of the ACME, glad to hear you liked the hip, trendiness of the room! Your comments are awesome! Thank you for taking the time to let us know we succeeded in making your stay memorable. Please come back and visit us again, we can't wait to see you!!

Been to ACME Hotel Company Chicago? Share your experiences!