We chose the Acme for several reasons: it's very conveniently located on the other side of the block from a subway station, the rate was great for in the city, and the reviews here on TA were pretty dang good. We're very glad we did- it certainly lived up to our expectations.
- The king bed was extremely comfortable, if a little high off the floor. The linens were clean and crisp, though we did stash the roll pillow in the corner for the duration (I guess they look good in photos, but I find them completely impractical.)
- The room was wicked clean. I especially appreciated the fact that the floor was hardwood rather than carpeted; nothing is worse than feeling creeped out by walking barefoot on a questionable hotel room carpet.
- I loved the free thermos full of coffee that was placed outside our door each morning; I'd open it, let it cool and make iced coffee to carry with me throughout the morning. and the staff members were friendly and helpful.
- The decor is industrial-hip; we liked it. Chalkboards on the doors are such a cool way to communicate with housekeeping and other staff, or for a DND sign. Our room had no view but I didn't really miss it- I figured that not facing street meant a quieter night- it worked.
- Our laptop fit in the safe!!! Why don't other places get bigger safes?
Cons: none of these is a deal breaker for us; just little things that could be improved upon.
- They need more hooks to hang coats, clothing, garment bags.
- The shower/tub doesn't have a curtain or door; there's just a piece of glass between the shower and the toilet. It's hard for short folks like me to reach in there and turn on the water without getting wet.
- You can buy their drinks from their fridge in the room, but there's no place to put your water bottle or leftovers from dinner.
- There are bags of snacks on the bedside table linked to an inventory control system. Basically, if you pick it up, you've bought it. Being allergic to chocolate and not interested in the other offerings, I called to front desk and asked them to remove the snacks. (We were going to be there for 5 nights; what if we knocked into the thing?) Anyhow, they were very accommodating, and even pointed out to us at check-out that the snack fee had been reversed.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, T4B, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn