After a stay at another dreadful Loop-area hotel last spring, I was holding my breath this time. Fortunately, the many positive TripAdvisor reviews of the Acme Hotel were on target. It's a great value, perfectly located, and clean. Free coffee was delivered in a thermos to our room each morning at whatever time we specified. The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff members were friendly and professional. The overall feeling and decor of this place is a bit whimsical -- perhaps a little youth-oriented, but plenty hospitable to seniors.
All that was enough to make me an enthusiastic patron, but, depending on how picky you are, you might find want to consider the following points (which could be negatives to some folks):
-- Some rooms may have views, but ours had none; the opaque window shade masked a plain brick wall that no one except Bartleby the Scrivener would want to contemplate.
-- Space is limited; the floor in our room was pretty much taken up by the king-size bed and a small table with seating for four people. There was a place to hang some clothes on one wall, but there was no closet and no luggage rack.
-- The shower/tub doesn't have a moveable curtain or partition; there's a glass pane that covers half of the tub, making it difficult for non-contortionists to adjust water temperature from outside the tub.
-- There's a dispenser for purchased cold drinks, but no refrigerator for general use.
-- The three breakfast offerings ($5.00) are satisfactory but unexciting, and despite the descriptions, there's not much difference between two of them (both of which include yogurt, juice, and a fruit cup, but one includes a croissant).
-- Caveat to travelers with children: On a table by the bed there were several bags of snacks, attached to some kind of inventory control system. If you pick up a bag without reading the advisory notice attached to the dispenser, you will have inadvertently made a purchase.
None of those points was a deal-breaker for me. My experience was very positive, and the Acme Hotel would be high on my list for accommodations the next time I visit Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.