“Very good experience here, great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

Save Saved
You added ACME Hotel Company Chicago to your Saves list
ACME Hotel Company Chicago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #24 of 168 hotels in Chicago
New York
“Very good experience here, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here June 5 - 7 and was very impressed, especially for the price ($142 per night on Hotels.com). I arrived early and could not check in until 2:30, but the staff stored my bag for me and apologized for the inconvenience. My room itself (I was upgraded to a King suite) was huge and clean. Yes, the lips in the bathroom mirror are just bizarre, but not a deal breaker. The king suite would have been an especially good choice for a family, as the two rooms are separated by the bathroom and a small hallway.

As this is a new hotel (a renovated Comfort Inn), a few things aren't quite there. The website promised "reasonably priced snacks" but there were none in my room (not that I really cared). The free breakfast was definitely a holdover from the Comfort Inn days -- with those pre-packaged muffins, dry bagels, and hockey-puck egg product you would expect at a budget chain; the breakfast quality really did not match the overall classy and fun design of the hotel. But there are many other breakfast options in the area, so it was not a hardship.

There is a computer terminal in the lobby you can use to print boarding passes or check email. The small gym on the lower level is sparse but cute. The hot tub looked inviting though I did not try it out.

The pleasant staff was really great -- the highlight of the place, particularly Pavan (I think) who checked me in. We had a nice conversation, and when I reported that the fridge in my room was leaking water, a repairman was there within 30 minutes.

There were two TVS -- flat screen, but since the cable/satellite feed was not HD, the picture was awful (this is typical of most hotels, not just this one).

I had no trouble with noise -- I do not know if that was due to good soundproofing, or just that I did not have noisy neighbors. Highly recommended. The location is great -- an L station is a block away.

Room Tip: My 10th floor room had NO street noise. The king suites would be great for a family, as the two room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hi cfnyc, thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review and I am so glad to hear that your experience at the ACME Hotel was great. The mini bar's and snack trays are being installed this month as there was an unexpected delay in getting those in. I will also make sure to share your comments with our staff as well as Pavan at the front desk. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again on your next Chicago visit.

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed at ACME Hotel during Memorial Weekend with my husband had a terrific time we, loved to decor of the hotel. The hotel was super clean and the house keepers were so nice, the location was also great. Everything seemed just around the corner. Couple of good club close by to. Defiantly be back to stay
P.S Carol the door man was so nice & kind, made our weekend much easier for us

Room Tip: Get a suite king bedrooms kinda small
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Krystle C, thanks for taking the time to share your experience and I am thrilled to hear about your great experience with our staff. I have shared this with the staff and Karl at the door. We look forward to seeing you back here and remember our new lounge and restaurant will be opening this fall!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had to re write this review for some reason so here it goes again.
My stay at the new ACME hotel was terrific. The place was super clean and had a cool motife with it as well.
There were lips IN the mirror that lit up for a cool nightlight
full bottles of wine instaead of little ones were great.
Center of the city as far as restaurants, shopping (2 blocks from the best part of Michigan Ave) and nightlife. Underground, Social 25, Vertigo Sky Lounge, Hubbard street (has 20 bars and loungs) are all a few blocks away.
The ground floor is supposed to put a bar/restaurant in so I look forward to that next time I stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. the regular rooms are cozy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hi Mattty777, thanks for taking the time to review our ACME Hotel and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Yes our location is great in the heart of everything in Chicago. The full bottle of wine was actually an amenity for your stay as we appreciate your continued support from the Comfort Inn to now the ACME Hotel. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you again.
Madelia, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Acme Hotel May 2-7 at which time they were still doing some remodeling. Even though they had construction going on they made sure we were enjoying our stay. The staff was very curtious and helpful. The rooms were not your typical hotel room but we found it refreshing! This was our first time to Chicago and we found so many things to do and see. This hotel is in a GREAT location - walking distance to almost everything. We can't wait to visit Chicago again and stay at the Acme Hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Vickie G, thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at our new ACME Hotel. I am so glad that our great location worked out for you so well, and even more pleased to hear your comments on our staff. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again on your next Chicago visit.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights over the Memorial Day weekend and had an excellent experience, everything was ready for us to check in (which we did a little early since our flight got in at 1:30). The room itself was smaller than normal, but what I expected from the description and reviews, but it was beautifully renovated. Very modern, which I like, clean lines and well laid out. I generally don't use closets, cabinets or drawers, so it didn't bother me that they weren't there. I couldn't figure out the wifi, but I brought my own internet so it wasn't a big deal. The only real complaint I have was with the staff that ran the free breakfast (which is a limited time offer until they finish the renovations..) there was some confusion about the end time on Memorial Day, check in said it was supposed to go til 10:00am (like the weekend) and the staff running the breakfast thought it was 9:30 (normal weekday time). We got down there at 9:35 and the lady wouldn't stop to let us grab a bagel off the cart before she took it away. We wanted to get some Dunkin' Donuts anyway so it wasn't a big deal but it was kind of rude. Overall I'm rating this a full 5 out of 5. I had a great time and would like to come back. Location is also great, right next to an L station and within walking distance of most of the attractions. Oh and if you like the decor, it seems like they got a lot of it across the street at the design store there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi WillM_2008, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here at the ACME Hotel over Memorial Day. We do have a great location right in the middle of River North surrounded by entertainment, shopping, and dinning. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next Chicago visit.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been visiting this hotel for over 8 years when it was the Comfort Inn. I was glad to see familiar faces in the hotel. They are still in the midst of renovations but they didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the hotel. I feel that they kind of over did it with some of their modern upgrades. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on a floor lamp. The shower only has glass on half of tub. This can make for a chilly exit. I stayed in a King Suite with two 42" flat screen TV's. The TV is the bedroom allows you to use your Ipad to play your movies. I look forward to next year when they have a restaurant and room service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hi Joensu89, let me first say thank you for your continued loyalty over the last 8 years. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and yes we have the same management and staff here at the ACME Hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Springfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We bring a group of college students from Wittenberg University in Ohio to Chicago for a networking tour every year. Everyone at ACME (Comfort Suites) is always so accomodating to our group - making it the perfect base of operations for us! From management on down - always professional and pleasant! Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi Laura H, thanks for sharing your groups experience and we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Chicago visit.

Been to ACME Hotel Company Chicago? Share your experiences!