“Great addition to Chicago!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

You added ACME Hotel Company Chicago to your Saves list
ACME Hotel Company Chicago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
3RD NIGHT FREE
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Great addition to Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago in a suite. So many great little features that really made it special. Very clean and modern. The location is fantastic. We walked to everything. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone coming to Chicago and looking for a fun, modern place to stay in River North.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times under the Comfort Inn & Suites franchise. The ACME is a great new design concept: a vintage hotel building, but interiors with clean modern lines very nice amenities and huge flat screen TVs. This is a big step up, and it shows in a good way. There is still some transition going on, such as a new restaurant/bar and re-designed front desk layout. These yet-to-come features can only improve an already nice experience. The location is superb, just off Michigan Avenue, but close to all shopping restaurants and the Loop. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Suite, with living room, bedroom and bath. Really nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi davidreece, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We are just now finishing the new front desk location and should be operational in the next week or so. The restaurant is scheduled to open this fall and we hope the Free Continental Breakfast in the interim helps while we don't have our restaurant. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Chicago visit.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here on business just a week after this place had converted over from a Comfort Inn, and boy was it converted.

Rooms: The room is definitely not what you're used to. No closet, probably for space, just some hangers on a rack on the wall. Not a problem for me. The shower is a waterfall shower, and the bathroom is nicely renovated as a whole. Perhaps the weirdest part of the room is a giant set of lips on the bathroom mirror that glow bright red when the light is off. Quite a unique night light. The bed is very comfortable, and the TV leaves nothing to be desired.

Service: Top-notch all the way. We had to arrive early in the morning, and they were more than happy to keep our bags for us while we spent the day exploring Chicago, ready for us when we got back to check-in in the afternoon. Same upon checkout. Front desk was incredibly friendly and more than happy to help with anything.

Breakfast: Breakfast at this point is just a place-holder for a restaurant to come later, but for the moment it's a free continental spread with pastries, fruits, and cereal. No hot items to speak of, but it's free.

Location: Only a block away from the Grand station on the Red Line. Quick access from there to either ballpark, and all up and down the Magnificent Mile. Only 4 blocks from Portillo's, Al's, and Gino's East. Perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Summary: Stay here.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and had a view of just a brick wall. I'm told that from floor 15 you co...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hi sestevens, thanks for sharing your experience with us and your title hits the nail on the head for what we are trying to accomplish here. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the closets are different with the open facing closet design. Thanks for noticing our service as we believe that is what makes a hotel truly great. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you need a Chicago Hotel.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Just got home from a fun trip! First time to see Chicago and booked 2 nights at a great price, included breakfast. Rooms were clean, 42" plasma TV, comfy beds. Staff was awesome!! Location wonderful! Decorations so different only challenge was the size of room,but doable for a few days.

Room Tip: Check all web site for deals!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi nmnkno, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to see that you truly enjoyed your experience here with us. The Free Breakfast is our way of accommodating our guests until the restaurant opens this fall, and I am happy you enjoyed it. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Chicago visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Unlike the other reviews I had a great experience. I had a huge room with a 42 inch plasma hd tv. The location is the best. One block away from Rush Street and the best bars. The Loews movie theater is 2 blocks away. No complaint what so ever. The price was right.

• Stayed May 2012
Hi Apbjap, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location and the 46" LED Internet Ready TV in your room. If you are ever back in Chicago we look forward to welcoming you back.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I am a group leader and we needed to find a hotel fast (20 rooms for nine weeks!)as a hotel we previously booked fell through. Our booker suggested the Comfort Inn and Suites, soon to become the ACME. From the minute I spoke with the Sales Director, I knew our group would feel welcome. We checked in in April when it was still a Comfort, but they were very considerate of where and when they did construction. The rooms we got were already converted to the ACME Brand, and they are GREAT! Clean, very nicely decorated, and some pretty cool little extras!! The staff is very courteous and always ready to help. And the breakfast room on the second floor can't be beat!!!
Oh- and if that isn't enough, the area is perfect. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales home within a block!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hi Doug R, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we are so thrilled we were able to be your home away from home for your group. We do have a great location in the heart of River North surrounded by entertainment options and dinning options. Thanks again and we look forward to the next time you have a group here in Chicago.
Keego Harbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

When I arrived in Chicago, I was just a bit apprehensive about staying at the ACME. When I booked my room more than a month in advance, it was called the "Comfort Inn and Suites". When my family and i arrived it was literally in transition to the ACME Hotel.

I LOVED IT!!! My Family LOVED it. it was a different look and much different feel than the Comfort Inn and Suites. The new look reminded me of a very nice boutique, the colors are warm and trendy, the furninshing is comfortable and inviting. It looks amazing, The room was impeccable. bedding was first class, soft as mink, and a struggle to leave every morning.

There were few concerns when we first arrived in our room... "it was being painted", Management was made aware of the error and was able to obtain another great room for us.
I have learned in life that everything is based upon your decisions and your attitude. If both are good, you cant go wrong. ACME was the best decision for us. whatever concern we had, staffing, that included Eddie, Carl, Paven, two young ladies that were sweet and very kind were making our visit the best possible, I must have asked Paven a thousand and one questions. He remained peaceful, professional and was able to process our concerns. and elevate them when necessary.

The Manager of ACME, Bill, heard of our inconvenience, and called me personally Sunday morning to make sure any and every concern was addressed and resolved.

Because of their kindness, professionalisim, and compassion, we will visit ACME, often. I have fallen in love with Chicago ( this was my first visit), as well as the ACME. I had access to everything my family wanted to do.

Our reaon for visiting Chicago was to celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. She had an absolute ball, everyday was filled with excitement. Her joy cup is still running over. To return to the hotel of comfort and peace after a very very long day of sightseeing, shopping, a lot of laughter and oodles of fun and be able to walk to the Magnificent Mile, or across the street to Bloomindales home, or around the corner to Eggsperience for breakfast was the best choice of hotel for my family.

Thank you ACME for the memories. I am more than sure my family will never forget what a great time we had in Chicago , and the awesome staff that made our stay in Chicago five staff quality.

G.J.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hi Geninice J, thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Chicago visit to help make some more Chicago memories.

Been to ACME Hotel Company Chicago? Share your experiences!