When we entered our room, we noticed a bad odor coming from the ventilation. (It smelled like burning dust or plastic. I called an explained the situation, and they sent up a housekeeper who sprayed a super sweet deodorant into the room. This didn't help, and I called and asked for a different room. The front desk said they were full, but after going downstairs to the front desk, we walked through 4 rooms that had the same odor! We had to get ready for a dinner so we just stayed in the last of the 5 rooms we saw. It was amazing that they said they were full, though! The room was extremely dusty, and I think the rooms we were shown hadn't been used in some time. Maybe that's why they smelled so bad. For almost $400 a night, I would have expected a better and cleaner room. I stayed at the Sofitel in NY, and it was nice. I won't be staying at a Sofitel again any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from the Magnificent Mile, Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Water Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel