“Good location small rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

You added Sofitel Chicago Water Tower to your Saves list
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
delhi
“Good location small rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The location of the hotel is good 2 minutes from hankok building and the shopping district.
Rooms are a bit small though as I selected the 2 queen size beds and me and my son and my wife and daughter both had problems adjusting.

Toiletries provided by loccitane were a treat.

Room service food was OK. I could believe that they didn't have a club sandwich on there menue but the chef was kind enough to whip up one for me.

We paid 600 usd for 3 nites excluding taxes. And in total paid 800 usd which I felt was little on the higher side.

Hope my review helps yyou guyss plan your beautiful vacation.

Oh by the way coniarge service of the hotel is fantastic and they know the city and happenings very well

Do count on them.

• Stayed July 2014
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Bonjour buntysoni,

Thank you for your generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased that your family and you took advantage of our very convenient location.
The size of our rooms is among the largest in downtown Chicago, and I sincerely regret the fact that it didn't meet your expectations. Should you prefer a larger room, it will be our pleasure to reserve a Junior Suite or a Prestige King Suite for your next stay with us, at the best available rate.
I am glad that you found our concierge team `fantastic', helpful and knowledgeable. This is very important to us and we are very proud of them.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We're here for 2 nights and first night was fine as we checked in late. however, the second night was brutal as my wife's dust allergy triggered and all out plans got stalled. The room service was covered in dust and upon complaining we're given all sorts of lame excuses by the hotel manager and when all those excuses were debunked, she started apologising and offered complimentary breakfast if we stayed one more night on our own expense. Really? I was not ready to pay $300 for staying another day for the their fault. And now the negotiation started - first pay 50% and the pay 25% of that day's tariff...really??? Is that what's expected from a world class hotel? I felt like I was speaking to someone in a shady motel and negotiating for a deal...and upon mentioning that I will be sharing this my experience online....I was advised by her that threatening her won't help. Is sharing your experience online with others the same thing as threatening someone?

Based on this experience, I decided to pay more and stay elsewhere than stay at this hotel for the third. At checkout, I was asked by the gentleman there whether i needed any help. And, upon narrating my sour experience to him, all I heard was an apology after each line of my narration.

I would never ever stay nor recommend anyone to stay at this hotel in unless you want to experience customer service equivalent to cheap 3rd class service expected from a cheap budget hotel/ motel, and hear only apologies for their mistakes and no proper action is taken for their mistakes.

• Stayed July 2014
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Bonjour canadmin,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your visit at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
Please allow me to express once more my apologies for the inconveniences your wife and you encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that this is not typical of our standards of service. Upon arrival, we were made aware of your request for deep cleaning the room and we did our best to honor your request. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with the team in order to prevent future occurences.
Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance to us. I hope that you will grant us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Business meeting at upscale hotels has been a thing much missed, but the Sofitel was a great way to see chicago. Corner rooms looking at the navy pier and the miracle mile, large rooms surrounded by glass were a de stressor from the start. Elevators respond by pushing the floor at the call point, it inside the elevator, so waits are kept,to a minimum, and there is no miltiplemstoosmifmyounaee on a high floor. Bathrooms had separate shower and tub, and large sink area and counter, in room lights closet, safe, and comfortable bed, recliner, couch let you spread out, and the work desk was large w close plug ins. The was an inner hallway from the outside, keeping hall noise to a minimum, but I did need my white noise machine for the street noise. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the turndown service left Swiss chocolates on the pillow.
Comfortable bed and pillows, Gym was large and well supplied. Meeting rooms were large and quiet. Food was a let down as the. Edge tables were all overlooked, but the other items were cooked better, and even the oatmeal,for breakfast was well made.
Would enjoy staying here again.

Room Tip: Definitely want to face miracle mile and navy pier
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Bonjour hotelmavin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I appreciate your contribution with such a detailed and positive review. I am very happy that you appreciated the design of our rooms along with the beautiful view and amenities.
I am glad to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds. It was a real pleasure to read about your guest experience.
Thank you very much to share your tips with our valued readers.
Best regards,

Gibraltar, Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We have discovered Chicago after a long trip across America. We booked at Sofitel without knowing where it was in town. Finally it was a good choice as it is very central, 2 mn walk to Michigan avenue, and easy to get on the right road to the airport on final day. Sofitel is Sofitel = quality.
End of July may not be the best period to get a good deal but it was worth paying for quality and location. Public Parking next door at 45$/ day. Bed was too soft for me but my wife enjoyed it so...
Staff at the counter was nice and very helpful.

Room Tip: To get some views it is better to stay above the 25th floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Pierre F,

First of all allow me to thank you very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your stay.
It was a real pleasure to read about your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
My Front desk team was honored to receive your nice comments regarding the great service they constantly provide.
Thank you very much to share your tips with our valued readers regarding the beautiful views from our hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us,
Best regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Absolutely loved staying here. Service was amazing. Front desk checked us in early and were helpful with all our needs and requests. Room was excellent. Comfortable bed. Great views from room. Would wholeheartedly recommend. Will stay here again next time we are in town.

Bonjour XanderMac,

Thank you for your generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was wonderful and that you would `wholeheartedly recommend' us.
I am glad that you found the front desk staff `helpful'. I really appreciate your comments for rooms, beds and views.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is walking distance from the train station and shopping. The atmosphere is VERY quiet overall. I encountered very few guests during a Friday to Monday stay. I was surprised at the size of the bathroom and comfort of the bed. Housekeeping was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Bonjour Twofst2c,

Thank you very much for this stunning review you took the time to write on your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
You are so right saying that our central location is such a convenient place to explore the city of Chicago. I am delighted to read that you found the housekeeping `excellent' and the room and bathroom comfortable.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another `pleasant stay'.
Kindest Regards

Kxoxville, TN.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Able to get a good price on room under 100. Clean, bright, bed wonderful, service great. Just the kind of Hotel you want to occupy when you viit the Windy City. This hotel is certainly up to standard ****+. The only shortfall is the parking pretty steep ($45) next building. The Plus is that you are in the heart of the activity. Stayed weekend. Stayed 6/29 - 7/1

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Wings22,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your June stay amongst us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our comfortable room and famous Sofitel MyBeds.
Be certain that your kind comments have been passed on to our entire team.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
With best regards,