“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Chicago Water Tower to your Saves list
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Kxoxville, TN.
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Able to get a good price on room under 100. Clean, bright, bed wonderful, service great. Just the kind of Hotel you want to occupy when you viit the Windy City. This hotel is certainly up to standard ****+. The only shortfall is the parking pretty steep ($45) next building. The Plus is that you are in the heart of the activity. Stayed weekend. Stayed 6/29 - 7/1

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Bonjour Wings22,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your June stay amongst us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our comfortable room and famous Sofitel MyBeds.
Be certain that your kind comments have been passed on to our entire team.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
With best regards,

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed for a weekend in March. The location is top notch, bars and restaurants all nearby as well as the Magnificent Mile. The hotel is very unique, stylish and holds its own in the architectural wonder of Chicago and competing hotels. Check in was smooth and staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. The room was excellent...very stylish, all the amenities and very comfy bed. We chose a "high floor" room and had a stunning view of the Chicago skyline and Hancock Tower. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant one morning...if you can, treat yourself to that. Fresh complimentary pastries were offered at the start of our meal and the breakfast we ordered was superb, with attentive service. A great experience overall, it was a treat in all respects!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour RoxyRoadTrip,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for your trip and for taking out the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am thrilled to read your recommendation about our team, convenient location and `smooth' check in.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel's appearance exceeded your expectations. In fact, we will celebrate our 12-year anniversary next June; our unique design by architect Jean-Paul Viguier has made us one of the Chicago skyline's 'architectural gems'. I am also happy to know that you appreciated our delicious breakfast at Cafe des Architectes.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sofitel is a French chain and it never forgets that! The lobby, the flowers, the food, the amenities, the room decor - all the best of today's Paris! We experienced an unfortunate hiccup with our reservation but the front desk staff was quick to remedy it with an amazing upgrade. The location is excellent - just a couple of blocks off Michigan (the Magnificent Mile) and the Hancock Tower - but even more importantly, just a couple of blocks from Oak Street where the miracles really happen: Prada, Louboutin, Hermes, Saint Laurent, Chanel, Jimmy Choo ....
I have to say we only ate breakfast at the hotel but the menu was varied and the food more than enough to see you through to a late lunch.
Trust Peter, the concierge - he is a genius with a terrific sense of humour! He more than made up for a couple of the front desk staff who could have have used a bit more training in the hotel systems and policies.
In all, a very good stay!

Room Tip: Suites above the 22nd floor have great views; below that, not so much!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Bonjour MarlaToronto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. You were very generous with your comments, and I very much appreciate that you consider our property as `The best of Paris in Chicago'.
I was pleased to know that our property and our staff met your expectations. Please rest assured that I have shared your encouraging message with the team and have recognized Peter for the outstanding service he provided. Thank you very much for your nice feedback about our location and for sharing your tips regarding the `great views'.
Look forward to a future visit when you can enjoy again our wonderful breakfast at Cafe des Architectes.
Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was the fourth time that I have stayed here, and it has become my "go to" Chicago Hotel. It is not located in the heart of the downtown commercial district, but it is close enough, and a short taxi ride. The hotel is amazingly good value, with everything clean, and new and well buffed. The rooms are a good size and extremely well appointed and well maintained. I had forgotten my toothbrush, and room service had a complimentary one sent up to the room within 5 minutes. The whole staff are there to serve, and try hard. I enjoy the "bonjour" and "bon soir" stuff with which all the staff greet the guests. Sure, it could be a bit hokey I suppose, but I travel so much, and enjoy a hotel with its own identity. There is a Starbucks just around the corner, if you, like me, prefer to spend $7 on breakfast, and not fork out for a hotel breakfast. The only downside is that the gym is tiny, and very short on strength training equipment and space to use it.

Green Features: The usual stuff - hang your towels up and they will not replace them.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bonjour Jonathan T,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you shared on TripAdvisor further to your stay at your `go to Chicago hotel'. Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience. It means a lot to us that you mentioned having liked our French identity and greeting. Also I was glad you appreciated the helpfulness and speed of service provided by our entire team. I have well noted your feedback regarding our gym.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife booked us into this hotel for my 50th birthday .We had 5 nights here and it was a fabulous hotel.everything was top notch from the location down to the room itself .
a nice room on the 31st floor with views of hancock tower and the beach topped it off!
would stay again without doubt.
5 stars!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour topsox,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us for such a special occasion.
That you consider your guest experience to be `top notch' is the nicest compliment possible.
I am happy you took advantage of a room on top floors overlooking the Hancock Tower and the beautiful lake.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Yours sincerely,

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Just stayed at this property over the weekend of Aug 1-3. We decided to take our kids for a weekend get away before school starts in a few weeks. Have visited Chicago many times and stayed at many of the hotels around Michigan Ave. This property was the best so far! Booked at last minute and had trouble finding rooms at "usual" hotels, so we decided to try the Sofitel. So glad we found this gem! 1st - location is excellent. On the north end of Michigan, so much local flavor to chose from, everything is walking distance. Plus being one block off Michigan makes this perfect. 2nd - noise.....or lack there of. We stayed on the 16th floor and did not hear one siren, horn honk, traffic, etc.....3rd - hotel is spotless. From the lobby, to the bar, to the rooms, everything was spotless. 4th - Room was spacious, bathroom was big and modern. 5th - Staff was very friendly and helpful! Overall our stay was great. Our 1st time at a Sofitel, but it won't be our last.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Pete S,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent family getaway to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I enjoyed reading the fact that you consider us as `the best so far'.
I very much thank you for recommending us. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service and the cleanliness of our property is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
I really appreciate as well your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
With Best Regards,

Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Sofitel is a wonderful hotel. Rooms are nice. The customer service is top-notch. Don't forget to visit the restaurant. For Francophiles, this is the hotel for you! The touch that I remember the most fondly is the French soap which was so richly fragrant. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Bonjour Katherine P,

Thank you very much for choosing Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for your recent stay in Chicago.
What a pleasure to read that you found the room very nice and that you particularly liked our French bathroom amenities by Lanvin. I will personally share your compliments with the team who will be very happy to learn that you found the service `top notch'.
I am most grateful that you took the time to post such a nice review about your stay and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel and restaurant.
Kindest Regards,

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Been to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower? Share your experiences!