“Good location, Hermes toiletries ;)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

You added Sofitel Chicago Water Tower to your Saves list
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Oslo, Norway
“Good location, Hermes toiletries ;)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel was the highlight of our trip to Chicago. The suite we've got was spacious, bed simply amazing. Close to shopping, dining, sightseeing. Lovely view from the top floor. Highly recommended, especially for romance, shopping, city life.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Bonjour THREOslo,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay.
I am genuinely touched that you enjoyed your stay in your `spacious suite' with nice view and that you liked our French bathroom amenities by Hermes.
I could not be more pleased to learn that you love our famous Sofitel MyBeds, we are very proud of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is an elegant and classy hotel in a fantastic location. I visited during a conference last year and again this year on personal travel. It is close to restaurants, shopping, sights, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and lots of thoughtful touches like shoe cleaning kits, toiletries, etc. I will stay again if I can find the right deal during my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bonjour Jose O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay amongst us.
I am delighted to read that you took the opportunity to come back to our `elegant and classy hotel'!
It is also a great satisfaction to know that our service, rooms along with amenities went beyond expectations and that you had an amazing experience. I like your kind comments regarding our central location.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We loved our stay at the Sofitel. The location is excellent, the room was immaculate, done up in light, serene colors, the bed was so comfortable, the bathroom was large with both soaking tub and shower, and the amenities were first rate - the almond macaroons and bottled water sent to our room was a nice touch! Service was also excellent. Quite possibly the best hotel we've ever stayed in. Not inexpensive, but a good value. My only regret is that we didn't get a chance to try the restaurant or bar!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour contadina55,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. That you consider our hotel as `the best you've ever stayed in' is the nicest compliment possible. And your comments regarding your entire experience and service are of utmost importance.
I am happy to see you also liked the design of our accommodations and comfort of our famous MyBeds.

I look forward to a return visit, and maybe you will have the opportunity to visit our restaurant and bar!
Best regards,

nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I lucked out and got this on Priceline! Two streets over from Michigan Ave near the Water Tower.Room was simple elegant,great tub,separate shower.Would definitly recommend especially discounted! Dinks outside at bar were nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bonjour ncwalkergirl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at the hotel. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful location so close to the main attractions of the city.
I am very pleased that you were so happy with our well-designed room and bathroom, and that you had such a good experience at Le Bar.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Simply great service and the staff went above and beyond in making sure my stay was a great one. I appreciate being checked in earlier then my scheduled time. Very appreciative of the service and will stay here again for vacation.

Green Features: Hand towels offered in the hotel bathrooms are of high quality. I didn't have to waste grabbing extra towels to dry my hands. One was sufficient.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Brandon N,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that you chose this headline: `Simply amazing!'.
Very pleased that you found the service `great'. This is very important to us. My entire team was more than happy to receive your comments.
Also I was glad you enjoyed an early check in.
Thank you very much to share green features with our valued readers.

I look forward to welcome you again very soon,
Kind regards,

Grand Rapids, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sofitel is perfectly located in the Gold Coast.
Great shopping at Lululemon, Madewell, and other nearby stores.
Easy access to wonderful restaurants such as Le Colonial (French Vietnamese) or Bar Toma (Italian, try the grilled octopus).
An easy cab ride to excellent venues for blues, or the theater district. We saw Sting's Musical "The Last Ship". It made for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Shelli R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we are your `favorite hotel in Chicago'.
Thank you for your kind comments about our great location. You are so right saying that this is such a convenient place to explore the city of Chicago and I am happy you took advantage of it.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Downtown Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. The hotel is relatively new. It's clean and beautiful. The location is great, too! The most important thing is, they know how to take care of their guests. Unlike some other hotels who charge pet fees as high as $100 (such as Marriott), Sofitel only want us to deposit $200, which is totally refundable if no damage upon check out. Also, the window shade in our room was stuck and couldn't move up, they sent someone to fix it immediately. In addition, the day before our leaving day, we asked whether they can provide us late checkout. They extend it to 2 p.m. without any hassle! I would recommend it to my friends in the future. Really, this hotel got evverything a traveler can ask.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour ColumbusUrbanLife,

Thank you very much for the kind comments and nice pictures you shared on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay with us.
Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience and our `great customer service'. It means a lot to us that you mentioned we `got everything a traveler can ask'.
Also I was glad you took advantage of our central location and a late check out.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Been to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower? Share your experiences!