“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Chicago Water Tower to your Saves list
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Special Offer
Family Escape Package
Ranked #13 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at Sofitel for two nights for work. My room was on the 18th floor with good views of the city, and it was fun to open the blinds and watch the massive lightning storm that occurred on the first night. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was very nicely appointed with Lanvin toiletries as well as two very nice touches, a disposable loofah/scrubbing pad thing and mini nail files. These are minor things, obviously, but I was very pleased with them as I travel a lot for business and I've never seen those in rooms before. There is complimentary tea and coffee I'm the lobby in the am, and it was easy to get a cab to the office.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars was that they didn't do turn down service, which I expect from a nice hotel and housekeeping didn't organize the makeup and toiletries in the bathroom. Not a big deal, but I stayed at a JW Marriott the week before (I didn't like it nearly as much as this hotel) and they did both. There was also a dried a water ring left on the bathroom counter. These are all minor complaints and I would certainly consider staying at Sofitel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Bonjour gwenni8,

First of all allow me to thank you very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your stay.
It was a real pleasure to read about your guest experience, and that you were able to take advantage of a nice view from your room. I was delighted to know as well that you were pleased by our bathroom along with the amenities.
I took good notes of your comments regarding the turndown service. Please do not hesitate to contact our guest services should you need anything during your next stay with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences you encountered regarding the housekeeping service. This is not typical of our standards of service and I have shared your comments with my Housekeeping manager.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us,
Best regards,

2,314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Byron Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a wonderful hotel in the heart of Chicago. Close to Rush street and the famous Sprinkles cupcake bakery. The service feels like a small boutique hotel. Loved the Evian water, the turndown service and the products. The embroidered cloth shoe bags are fantastic for future travel. Will be back with my spouse!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bonjour mrsadiaz,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you shared on TripAdvisor further to your stay with us in June.
Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience and the amenities we offer. It means a lot to us that you mentioned having liked our `French flair'.
Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower with your spouse.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location, great service, excellent quality.
Great Shops, good restaurants, Chicago lakeshore and the beach are walking distance.
Magnificent mile is around the corner.
Elegant and modern lobby and rooms.
Very clean of course.
Very good bar and restaurant with a good variety of liquors and cocktails.
The staff is very attentive and tend to spoil you discretely.
Only shortfall is not having a pool/sauna...but Chicago offers better things to do.
Room service is effective and the room offers anything you need with quality products.
In the morning the coffe is complimentary which is a plus, you can start your town exploration with a coffee cup in your hands.
Not a single complaints, I ll reccomand to family and friends.
I ll go back soon and probably looking for a sofitel around the world as well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Giovanni P,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. That you consider your overall stay to be `excellent' is the nicest compliment possible.
My team was honored to receive your comments regarding the great service they constantly provide.
It was pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our bar, restaurant and room service.
Thank you very much for recommending us.

I look forward to return visit,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms are quiet and clean. The bathrooms are fantastic. The bedding is incredibly comfortable. The staff is courteous and prompt. The restaurant there, Cafe Des Architects is outstanding. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour Sandy D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very happy to see that you had such an enjoyable time here at our magnifique property, and that you were so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds. Thank you as well for pointing out our sensational restaurant. Your kind comments have been shared with our entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just can't say enough about this hotel. Great location....easy to walk to north to Lincoln Park or south to a show in the Loop. Excellent service...there are no slackers working at this hotel. Everyone has a great attitude and never seems to tire of guests asking questions. Superior room....rooms are always super clean, bright and excellent views out the window. You get what you pay for here...rooms are about $350/night in summer and $250/night in other seasons. Spend the money and get a for sure good night sleep, excellent service and a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from elevator. I usually have a good experience facing the John Hancock b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Bonjour truparkhaysmom,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your `wonderful' stay.
That you consider our service to be `excellent' is the nicest compliment possible. All the staff takes very much to heart such comments as yours.
It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the beautiful view of the John Hancock tower. Thank you for sharing.

I really look forward to seeing you very soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Been to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower? Share your experiences!