Arrived in Chicago from Vancouver after a very bumpy flight. We were given a very lovely and friendly welcome. We were informed that we were the guests of the day (due to celebrating our wedding anniversary) and were given a suite/room upgrade (room 1607). Arrived in the room to find the suite was stunning and spacious. And there was a fruit, cheese and crackers platter with a lovely card from the sofitel staff to welcome us as guests of the day and to wish us a happy anniversary, this was organized by their Guest Relations Manager - Carrie Makris. Although the room didnt have the best view, the room was lovely, with a large spacious bathroom, which was clean and tidy, with lovely amenities. The living area was also spacious, and the bed was comfy, although the pillows are quite soft. And love the electric curtains, which shut out all the light. We ordered room service our first night, which was amazing, very prompt and displayed perfectly. Free water daily is a bonus. The Sofitel is located within walking distance of all the shops and sightseeing options. As we were only in Chicago for a couple of days, we did the two day hop on hop off tour, which is perfect, you get a real feel for the city and the pick up location is only a 5 min walk from the hotel. This I recommend. The drop off and pick up times are very flexible, and you get to see all the major attractions (the bean, sears tower, navy pier etc) and transformers 4 was filming while we were there, so that was exciting. There is a place near the hotel where you can have quite a cheap breakfast & lunch (its located outside the hotel on the right, and just a couple of minutes down the road) and a restaurant that we found on our last night that had the most amazing pizza and pasta. We fell in love with the city almost straight away, and would love to have stayed longer, so we are very much looking forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from the Magnificent Mile, Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Water Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel