In order to pamper myself after attending a trade show at Chicago's McCormick Place I took two days off and stayed in the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. This is basically the best hotel room I have ever stayed in, maybe except for Sofitel in Nanjing, China.
If you are on a budget Sofitel is not an option, but I pre booked and paid in advance which made it a bit more affordable. So in terms of comfort vs price it was a good deal.
The hotel is all about service all the way from the curb up to your room. Anyone from the doorman to the cleaning lady are extremely polite. The hotel also has an extremely knowledgeable concierge service.
With regards to the nice rooms there is even turn down service of the beds if you like. That type of service makes me feel a bit uneasy. I can turn down my bed by myself.
The hotel is just a block down from the busy Michigan Avenue (The Magificent Mile part). So it is in a quiet block but still within short walking distance from the busy upscale shopping district of the "Gold coast".
After window shopping among top brand names there is a huge selection of bars, restaurants and cafés to choose from. You will easiley be able to find something that suits most wallets for sure.
The hotel is also in close proximity of the John Hancock building. I can really recommend a trip to their 96th floor skybar. The drinks are not the cheapest, but since the elevator is free (Compared to the Willis Tower obeservation deck) why not indulge with a breathtaking view and something nice to drink?
This was my first trip to Chicago and I really loved it. I felt safe walking home in the evening. People were very friendly and for such a large city it was surprisingly clean. What was that about the hotel? Normally I opt for safety and a bed. Sofitel was a friendly fortress with all the niceties possible like free internet (up to a certain speed), a large flat screen TV, work desk, refrigerator, a Bose sound system and superb pillows.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Chicago
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from the Magnificent Mile, Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Tingo, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Water Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.