“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago's Finest Tours

Chicago's Finest Tours
401 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)
+1 312-202-0745
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 202 activities in Chicago
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is now Chicago's Finest Tours! We are Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from walking tours, bus tours and highly advanced scavenger hunts. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I have just completed the Pedway Chicago History Tour. Lace up your shoes and don't miss this beyond fabulous experience. In addition to a fantastic tour guide, Rick, we had a binder filled with pictures for each historic era highlighted during the tour. His knowledge sprinkled with terrific humor made for an outstanding afternoon.

Dyer, Indiana
“Great Exposure to Another Layer of Chicago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I went on the Pedway Lover's tour, which connected numerous buildings, skybridges, and underground walkways. We live in the south suburbs of Chicago and both of us have spent time working in the city at one point or another. Neither of us have the kind of personality that compels us to explore areas outside of what we know unless we have solid information to guide us first so we both appreciated the tour very much. The guide was very personable and a great storyteller. He did a very good job of engaging the group with various trivia questions, and he knew a lot about the history of Chicago, the pedway and other well-known buildings. One thing that we appreciated was the map that was provided which allowed us to follow along where we were throughout the tour and mentally connect the dots-where we were in the pedway in relation to the streets and such outside. A few things that I wasn't crazy about... there was a family with a young child that was bored within the first 25-30 minutes and thus became distracting at points to the group (I would not recommend this tour for young children). We had quite a large group (thanks to Spring Break time!). I'd prefer a smaller group for easier transitioning from location to location as well as not being a nuisance to the regular Chicago businessmen and women that use the pedway regularly. As much as I absolutely loved hearing all of the history and facts, I was on overload a bit by the end of the tour because there was just so much information to absorb. I wish I could have retained more because it was all very interesting! I would also recommend using public transportation to get to the tour rather than trying to find parking in a garage that is centrally located between the beginning and end points (although it was only a 5 minute walk or so back to the starting building, but we were pretty tired after walking and standing for 2.5-3 hours). Overall, I'd say more positive than negative points though. I'd recommend it, especially to those that are interested in learning more about the Windy City.

Visited March 2013
Nantucket
“Fun and interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend and I took the walking history tour, using the pedway system to walk throughout many historical sites and buildings. The tour was interesting and informative. There was a diverse group of people who took the tour (over 2 dozen) - and everyone seemed to enjoy it very much. I would definitely use this company again for another tour on my next trip to Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
12 attraction reviews
“"Ultimate Quest" Challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I thought that the Pedway Brunch Tour was as informative and entertaining as any tour could be, but I was wrong. I just came back from the "Ultimate Quest" Challenge and it was brilliant! You are divided up into teams which compete with other teams, and in order for your team to have the best showing (and win), you need to assess each team member's individual strengths, whether it is trivia, solving riddles or puzzles, decoding messages, being resourceful, reading maps, etc., and let each team member contribute by doing what they do best in order to complete the challenges on time and with a higher total score than the other teams. My friend is very sophisticated, and she got so caught up with all the excitement of completing all of the challenges on time and with high scores, that she took off her shoes to maneuver better and was running all over the pedway barefoot, and it didn't even seem strange. We had a blast and made two new friends.

Fox River Grove, IL
32 attraction reviews
“Chicago history via pedway gives lots of information”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This company offers several tours; I'm reviewing the Chicago history pedway walking tour.

Overall, I enjoyed following the pedway - a new part of Chicago for me, plus learning more about the city's history. The guide was knowledgeable and provided notebooks with pictures and maps to illustrate the tour (though we did have to carry these along with us). The group would stand in a location and listen to the guide, at one point for about 25 minutes. Then we walked to another stopping point, and heard more history, etc., through the tour. I did not like how long we stood (that's more tiring to me than simply walking), though the guide did have two stops planned where we could sit and listen. There was also a restroom opportunity about mid-way through the tour. This was helpful because the tour was scheduled to be 2 1/2 hours though ours actually lasted 3 hours. The length might be viewed as good (lots of bang for the buck) by some or bad if you had other commitments. Several on the tour had to leave before it finished, because our tour took so long. The group was a little large (22, I believe) which made it harder to keep together and added to the time.

Our group was a mix of adults and families. For parents, I would say there is a lot of history, and kids younger than middle or even high school will probably get bored. I was also unhappy with the guide's choice of language at a couple of points, especially given that there were children in the group.

I will probably not return to this company for a future tour, because, though it was fine, it wasn't as good as some of the tours we've done with other companies.

Visited March 2013

Been to Chicago's Finest Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chicago's Finest Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later