“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 179 Hotels in Chicago
kuurne
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed one night for a business trip - good location, 4 blocks from shopping and dining.
Beautiful lake views from Spectacular Room - rooms are a bit boring.
Was there on a Thursday evening - hotel bar and restaurant were quit empty. Breakfast is so so - staff is friendly
Quality - price ... To expensive !

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The staff was very courteous and helpful throughout our 2 day stay. The lake view is beautiful in the morning as the sun rises. We watched the fireworks at Navy Pier from our room on Wednesday night. Great location next to the lake and jogging path and just a few blocks from Michigan Avenue.

However, the great service continued after we checked out. My wife checked out the hotel and took a taxi to my office. Upon arrival, she left the taxi and started to enter the building. She remembered her luggage as the taxi left. She called the W and they looked at the security cameras and gave her the taxi company and number of the taxi. She contacted the taxi company and they contacted the taxi driver and had him deliver the luggage 15 minutes before we had to head to the airport. The staff's quick response help us get our luggage and catch our plane on time. THANK YOU TO THE STAFF!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for such a great review! I was thrilled to hear that our team was helpful even after your departure! I have made sure to recognize Arlene and Dwayne for their efforts.

I look forward to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It was my first visit to Chicago city and took my father. Fabulous location and great stay at hotel. We stayed in a corner suite, on 29th floor; very comfortable bed room ,hall and 11/2 baths with fabulous water view from both hall n bedroom. This was pretty good for a family. Pretty close to Navy Pier, and other attractions... We had a great walk along the lake. Lot of good restaurants with in walking distance.

Room Tip: Corner rooms for the family with lake view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with others! I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed our hotel as well as the Lake, views and surroundings!

Hope to see you back soon!

Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our room was REALLY small for what we paid (though we were in Chicago, and right off LSD, so I *get* it) .... it was a foggy day but I'm sure the view would have been incredible had we been able to see anything (obv not the hotel's fault!)

This place was super modern, beds were fairly comfortable, staff was AMAZING. Anything we needed, we got (we didn't ask for much). In addition, we got free drink tickets because we were there for my birthday (though we didn't get to use them as we got home later than the bar was open).

Had a great time, would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us! Happy belated birthday! I was thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and that our team was accommodating and welcoming. I am sorry you did not have better weather, we'll work on sunnier days next time!

Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We arrived on Friday night of the Memorial Day weekend with dance music blaring from the main entrance. Our party consisted of my 70 year old mother, two 40 something ladies and my 5 year old son. We didn't get the luck of having a room facing Lake Michigan but it was fun to look at the buildings when the window washers were out from our 25th floor room. If the beds had been at least a queen size I would give this place a 5 star but full size beds are just too small for two people. The rooms had ample electrical outlets (when you have three cell phones, kindle, two laptops, ipod, curling iron, sound machine, etc this is a huge deal) great lighting, wonderful rain shower, refrigerator and ample room for all of our luggage. They also have umbrellas at the concierge desk. Valet parking for $50 a night.

Pretty good location; public transportation and restaurants were about a 5 minute walk.

We got a last minute deal so didn't pay full price; would stay here again as long as I am not paying full price! Everyone in our party enjoyed our stay; rooms were very quiet, elevators were fairly quick; my son loved using the key card in the elevator.

Hello channelj5,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy of a lake view.

Please contact me direct should you need anything in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This W has one of the best locations with great view of the lake and splendid views of Navy Pier. You could walk to Navy Pier and to a lot of local attractions such as the Magnificent Mile. The decor is pretty cool and hip.
Over the Memorial Day weekend I decided to try this property as a local. It was more like a last minute adventure with my family. We arrived around 2:30pm and to my surprise I was told that the suite that was assigned to me (on the lame 7th floor) will be available around 6pm. We really came to enjoy the location and the surrounding while we left our beautiful home behind. I was assured that nothing else was available. After I insisted that I will like to talk to the manager, Ms. Z. miraculously found a suite ready on the 20th floor. The suite was spacious and well appointed with a marvelous view of the lake and Navy Pier.
One of the main reason to stay here was also the pool which my kids enjoyed because is one of the few 8ft deep hotel pools. However, the pool facilities need some tlc.
The Spa, even though small, it is quite elegant.
I had breakfast with my family at the Current. The setting is hip and the view of the Lakeshore and of the lake is great. Food was above average, but the service was amazingly slow. It took a long, long time to get some basic scrambled eggs and some pastries.
Generally, the menu is limited and there is no children's menu even though I observed a lot of kids.
At this location platinum spg guests are not valued. There is an anti-platinum members bias. The included breakfast is subpar, very heavy on carbs and light on taste. Too bad for such a nice location!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your loyalty as a Platinum member ToniCTravelAmeniti. I was glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience but disappointed to hear of your less than stellar arrival experience and your breakfast experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Please don't hesitate to contact me direct at Alejandra.romero@whotels.com should you need anything at all. I hope we will be able to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for 3 nights over the Memorial Day weekend for a wedding at the hotel and was very impressed by the service of the hotel. The staff was helpful and upgraded us to the lake view room.

The gym was a highlight for me. Lots of equipment and never was too packed. Lots of extras, apples, cold towels, bliss towelettes. They have all the treadmills facing Navy Pier which made it feel like you were outside.

The location is great and we spent most of our time eating around the hotel, walking to all the shopping and at navy pier.

The bliss bath products were wonderful!

I would stay there again. The only negative is the price, but it's expected in Chicago.

Stayed May 2015
Hello April O!

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am happy to know you had a great time with us and were able to enjoy the lake views even during your workouts!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
Alejandra Romero

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!