“This isn't some stuffy Four Seasons...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #76 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
“This isn't some stuffy Four Seasons...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very hip, very cool! This isn't a hotel for fuddy-duddys... From voyeuristic bathrooms to a swanky bar that greets you a few steps from when you walk in, this Chicago hotel is for those looking for a big city night full of memories. The staff is extremely friendly, first off. As for the bar staff it feels like has been waiting all night for your arrival to fill your drink order, plus the rooms are plush. The best part of all is if you can get a drink on the patio which sits quite literally on Lake Shore drive. There's something special about enjoying ***several*** cocktails at a table that exhibits the perfect blend of gorgeous cars whizzing by and the serenity of Lake Michigan... Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's a nice hotel. Fancy and classy. Clean and the staff were helpful. Close to the Navy Pier and The Magnificent Mile. Enjoyed our stay. Will stay again when visiting Chicago. Recommended hotel for couples. ;)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your comments WandaD! Good to know you had a great time while with us! Hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel really did amazing job making me feel special. My fiancee had booked the trip for my birthday. When we checked in the clerk was quick to say 'happy birthday', had a card that had been signed by the hotel staff with a voucher for the restaurant (unfortunately we weren't able to use it as we already had dinner plans, but the thought was very nice). They were also already planning our suite upgrade. Really wonderful!

As far as the hotel itself, it's a typical W so more of a 'scene' than a standard hotel. We grabbed some drinks and food at the bar when we first got in and it was hopping (as it was when we left for dinner, came back from dinner, and even the next morning as we were leaving). Good energy though.

Room Tip: Lake Michigan is beautiful - I believe a lot of the rooms face that.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Me5375, I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for allowing us to help you celebrate your birthday! I hope to welcome you back next year!

Bayonne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I was really hoping more from this property. I usually don't go with the W brand but I had been to the hotel many times before and think it's in a great location. The front desk staff were not very helpful and didn't know how to welcome Platinum level guest. Our room preferences were not initially met. We had in our notes a request for adjoining rooms, de-feathered rooms and an upgraded room if available. Our platinum concierge confirmed the notes in the reservation with the hotel before our arrival. In addition, we had notes that our two booked rooms were for a very special occasion with friends and we wanted something special to honor that. Upon check in, no notes were on the reservation. Nothing else was given to us other than internet. Usually, a W property would provide some drink coupons, a print out of platinum amenities and some additional perks. Nothing was given to us except the room keys. Only one room was available for us to check in while they figured out the adjoining room request. I had to get our platinum concierge to intervene and speak to the front desk. The rooms situation was fixed but not de-feathered (which is permanently noted on my account). Overall the rooms were nice. No special welcome gifts for platinum guest in the rooms. I usually receive a welcome note from the GM in the rooms along with some sort of welcome amenities. Given that we had requested that added touches be made since it was a special weekend with friends, we had hoped the hotel would have done something special for us. I had to call the platinum services again and ask that they confirm whether they were going to honor the special notes. The platinum concierge said again that the notes were not on our reservation when they spoke to the front desk even. The hotel did provide us with a bottle of wine and did so discretely as to not ruin the surprise we were going for. There still wasn't a welcome note from the GM or anything that many other hotels provide platinum level guest. We also felt the first day we checked in, the hotel was busy. It felt like a celebrity was staying there. The hotel staff seemed very busy attending to that. I've received better service at a Four Points by Sheraton. I would hope that services for platinum level guest will improve at this property. Not sure if I would stay there again. On the positive side, the rooms are very nice. They removed the bar with the amazing views of the city. I hope they bring that back.

Room Tip: Make sure your room preferences are met before checking in.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my apologies for your experience; I can assure you that this is not up to our expectations and far from the norm. We value your loyalty and have taking this seriously.

Please contact me direct should you want to discuss further, I would like an opportunity to make amends and restore your faith in us.

Kind regards,

alejandra.romero@whotels.com
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at the W Lakeshore in Chicago this past weekend for 4 nights for a wedding, and had an amazing experience. This trendy hotel has been one of my favorites around the world for its ambiance, bliss spa and excellent guest services. I forgot my Coach purse in the lobby lounge overnight and was worried I would not have it back for my flight back to San Francisco, as it had my ID and iPhone. I was so relieved when I called security and it was found. Security officer, Nicholas Baez, personally hand delivered my purse to my room with all of my personal items intact including cash, credit card, ID and my phone. The customer service at this hotel reached beyond my initial expectations and I am so pleased to say that I will definitely come back to visit here, and recommend it to all of my friends and family! -Mini, San Francisco

Room Tip: Lakeview and City views are all beautiful
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hello Mini K. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us and was especially glad to know that Nick was able to assist you retrieve your bag. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize him and we will make sure to do the same.

Have a great weekend!

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall, I was satisfied with my 4 night stay. Service was very good, and my room was very quiet and comfortable. I experienced one major issue during my stay, but was pleased with the contact and follow-up I received afterwards. The view and location are very nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello LakeWylie. Thank you for sharing your experience with other. I was sorry to hear you were inconvenienced but happy to know everything was resolved to your expectations. I am glad to know you enjoyed your overall experience with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 3 nights. It's a pretty good hotel. Modern and clean - typical W style. Love the music that plays everywhere. Gives it a very vibrant, young and fresh character. Interior design is modern and very creative. The bar is excellent - highlight is the food menu - I recommend the pasta with meatballs or the burger. Really good! Rooms are modern and clean. I was upgraded to a lakeside view room on the 30th floor which provided a fantastic view. The 33rd floor holds a meeting facility that gives you a 360 view. All in all a good hotel with great access to downtown Chicago.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I am glad to know you enjoyed your time with us, our views and our food!

Altitude does have great views of the city and Lake Michigan!

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Director of Operations

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!