“Comfortable, Trendy, and A+ Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Chicago Lakeshore

You added W Chicago Lakeshore to your Saves list
W Chicago Lakeshore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #73 of 176 Hotels in Chicago
“Comfortable, Trendy, and A+ Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It felt like we were in an oceanfront room, as Lake Michigan was our view. Navy Pier was in full view as well. The staff was friendly and aimed to please on every front. Taxi service is a breeze in Chicago so don't bring a car. We parked for $4 a day at a train station outside the city and took cabs for everything. Wouldn't have it any other way. Will stay here again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staying for a weekend at the remodeled W Chicago Lakeshore was an absolutely wonderful experience! The W Chicago Lakeshore recently underwent an extensive (and much needed) remodel. The W Chicago Lakeshore was my choice Chicago hotel before their remodel, but was definitely showing it's age. I could have chosen to stay at a nicer Chicago hotel before their remodel, but their warm, hospitable staff kept me coming back. During the W Chicago Lakeshore's remodel, I chose to stay at other downtown Chicago hotels to avoid the noise and construction. My first stay back at the W Chicago Lakeshore the weekend of March 13, 2015 only reinforced why I consider the W Chicago Lakeshore the best hotel in Chicago! The valet welcomed me back to the W Chicago Lakeshore, explained valet parking, and asked if I would like luggage assistance (I was traveling light, so I politely declined the luggage assistance). Walking into the remodeled W Chicago Lakeshore's lobby was like night and day. The lobby is now one of the most, if not the most spectacular, modern lobbies of any hotel that I've ever visited! Checking-in, I was warmly greeted by Daniel. He acknowledged my SPG status and offered to upgrade ne to their "Marvelous Suite". I gratefully accepted Daniel's offer, and the "Marvelous Suite" was truly devine! The suite was immaculately clean, large, and very modern with an amazing view of Lake Michigan. Saturday evening, the W Chicago Lakeshore's staff suprised me by having a bottle of Champagne, a plate of macaroons, and gummy bears (my three favorite treats) placed in my suite. Surprised and delighted, to say the least! I haven't experienced the W Chicago Lakeshore's new restaurant "Current" (their old restaurant "Wave" was one of my Chicago favorites), but I will definitely give it a try on another visit. Bliss Spa is still located on the 8th floor and is still relaxing as ever! However, one thing I miss about the W Chicago Lakeshore since their remodel is Whiskey Sky. My friends and I had many a fun night at their former bar at the top of the W Chicago Lakeshore! However, their new lobby bar is a great improvement over their former lobby bar (the bartenders make the best raspberry mojitos). I really missed the staff and staying at the W Chicago Lakeshore during their remodel, but the wait was well worth it. The W Chicago Lakeshore has once again become my weekend retreat!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

W Chicago- Lakeshore was a great experience. We came in for a show and the convenience of shopping and dining was terrific. Everywhere we wanted to go was just a short walk or cab ride away. The hotel was clean and recently updated and the staff was friendly but the hotel restaurant for dinner was over priced, under staffed and the food was super salty. I would definitely stay again, I would just skip the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience Lisa B. Although I am thrilled to know you enjoyed our hotel and your overall experience I am disappointed to know you did not have a positive experience in our restaurant. Please know that I will share your review with my team as it will allow us to improve.

Should you need anything in the future please feel free to contact me direct.

Kind regards,

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was in Chicago at the end of February for a conference and stayed at the W Lakeshore. Ramone the Concierge was phenomenal. He helped to arrange airport transportation prior to arrival and greeted us personally at the door. Arranged a litlle sumpin'sumpin ' (Beer) for me as I waited to check in. He also arranged coffeeemakers for myself and a colleague (a life saver). Gave me perfect suggestions for a full day of touring the area (dont miss the art museum).
Made himself available for any request and finally when we were waiting in the lobby for our ride to the airport he got me another little sumpin' sumpin.
He's a huge asset to the hotel and truly made the stay.

Thanks Ramone!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
What a great 'Insider' experience! I am thrilled to hear that Ramon was so helpful and provided such a warm welcome! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Ultra modern luxury hotel! Great costumer service, with a special thank you to Mike Cantrell! He went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay!
THANK YOU MIKE!
Ps the cookies and milk from room service are unbelievable!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Loretto, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The W is fine for the price. It's a party hotel and that's not our style. Since we booked the room through expedia, the hotel couldn't change our room or anything. It took 1 hour on hold to even get a person on the phone. We checked out the next day after being put on hold for 2 hours I'm total. Expedia, you SUCK!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hello, I am sorry you had a negative experience with your reservation. Hopefully this will not discourage you from staying again. In the future I invite you to book your reservation through our sites and SPG apps, you can also contact me direct should you need anything at all.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for one night and it was great!! Check-in was smooth, fun and easy. Emily checked us in and she is friendly and a true assets to the W and Starwood with great customer service and a friendly smile!! Our room was nice and it was a water view as advertised. The overall stay was great and the W Lakeshore is a great place to stay whether for a weekend or business trip.

Room Tip: Hope you get Emily when you check in