“Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Chicago Lakeshore

You added W Chicago Lakeshore to your Saves list
W Chicago Lakeshore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #84 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This review has to start with Mike Cantrell - Manager of Whatever/Whenever! I have never been treated with such high class service from any staff at any hotel in my life. My wife and I stayed at the W Lakeshore last week, and we of course were immediately impressed with the hotel itself. It is impeccable, and situated in a perfect location in Chicago. However, it was in the lobby that we met Mike Cantrell. He was engaging, polite and professional (traits that I find very appealing in any business) and asked how he could make our stay at the W the best possible. I simply told him that my wife and I were getting away for a small baby-moon and just wanted to relax. He asked my wife directly if there was anything he could get for her - any special pillows, foods, anything. I was so impressed by the genuiness of Mike's demeanor. He didn't recite some scripted customer service lines that we often hear (my wife and I are frequent travelers, and have become accustom to disengenuous customer service.) I felt that Mike truly enjoyed helping us out - not just as a job, but as someone who truly cares. I highly recommend the Lakeshore W. It is a A+ hotel. It is in a prime Chicago location. And, when you check in - ask for Mike Cantrell. He will make sure your experience is beyond your highest expectations.

Room Tip: Mike Cantrell - the manager of whatever and whenever. He is the best in the business!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We paid just over $100 a night during Xmas week to stay at the W lakeshore. We couldn't have been happier ! that had to have been the best deal we ever got for a 5 star hotel. When you walk in you feel like your in a jazz/night club and the ambience is amazing. The staff was among the nicest we've encounterd. When you walk out of the elevators on to your floor, its dark and very chic. The rooms are unbelievably nice, with Rain showers, a couch thats uniquely designed to go around the whole "living" area, and modern/chic decor. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk to Michigan Ave (the magnificent mile), about 5 minutes to the METRO, and only 2 minutes from a 24 hour 7-11 for food/convenience. Whenever we are back in the Windy City, we'll certainly look to see if we're able to get another brilliant deal at this amazing hotel !

Room Tip: Ask for a City View, if you like architecture ! (Chicago's forte)
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed here many times (sometimes multiple times within the same month) for work and love it each time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are a great size and the view of the lake is amazing. I travel a lot to Chicago for work and this hotel is always my first choice - I've stayed in other hotels in the area and they just don't compare.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had a wonderful experience at the W Lakeshore. The room and facilities were all top notch. The staff however, went above and beyond during my stay. 5 minutes before leaving for the airport, the zipper on my suitcase broke. The W concierge ran to my aid and not only helped me brainstorm ways to fix it, but also tried a fix of his own- with pliers. He was somehow able to fix my very broken suitcase and get me to the airport on time....what a lifesaver! I truly mean it when I say the staff goes above and beyond to help their customers. I will be forever grateful!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
PeteDemay22, General Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you Laney P for your survey and commenting on our amazing Concierge who was able to help you! Our team is Whatever/Whenever and are here to make sure your next visit is as good as the last! Thank you and hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unbelievable!! Best hotel in Chicago!!
Friendly staff, SPECTACULAR Views and QUIET!!!!
Love the room decor!! Feels like a cruise ship!
Pool needs work but it was warm and wonderful!!
Blissage massage coming up!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you sagesavor for your incredible review! We think you are spectacular too and appreciate you visiting with us!

Please see us again soon!

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this property three times in the past three months. It is right on the lake, and is good value for the money. This past time, as a Starwood Platinum member, I was offered an upgrade to my room. Room was a little more spacious (W rooms are always a little smaller than other Starwood properties) but noticed a fairly large crack in the wall, right above the connecting door to the room next door. Also, when I hung up my shirt and pants in the closet, there was a huge crack in the wall, with plaster falling off the wall. I was only there for one night, but went down to the front desk the following morning and spoke with Barbara (who is excellent!), who was very surprised at my finding and said the room would be taken out of commission and fixed. Also ate dinner at the bar, which was fine.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you Pgosule for taking a moment to fill out a survey as we are so glad you think we are a Great place to stay and do appreciate that Barbara was able to help and have our Engineering team take care of the concern. We appreciate your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been going to the Lakeshore W for years now with my oldest daughter and now go with both of my children. I can only compare the service to Disney, for as soon as we arrive they make us feel very special. The same doorman Darnel has been there for years and welcomes us with a warm hug and great kindness. Daniel the What Ever When Ever manager gave us a trip of a life time this time by giving us an amazing update that my children will never forget. You may not think this is really a family focused hotel, but the service really exceeds what you would expect at a city hotel and the location is so close to Navy Pier and the American Girl Store you can't beat it!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, call and talk to the amazing staff if you are celebrating something, they will...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you OstFamily for your amazing review! I love the title WOW as our goal is to WOW all our guests who come to the hotel and I was so pleased to read your comments about Donnell and Daniel as they are two excellent Talent Members that we are proud of. Please visit us again soon!

Pete Demay

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!