“Above and Beyond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Chicago Lakeshore

You added W Chicago Lakeshore to your Saves list
W Chicago Lakeshore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #86 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta, Georgia
“Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had a wonderful experience at the W Lakeshore. The room and facilities were all top notch. The staff however, went above and beyond during my stay. 5 minutes before leaving for the airport, the zipper on my suitcase broke. The W concierge ran to my aid and not only helped me brainstorm ways to fix it, but also tried a fix of his own- with pliers. He was somehow able to fix my very broken suitcase and get me to the airport on time....what a lifesaver! I truly mean it when I say the staff goes above and beyond to help their customers. I will be forever grateful!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Unbelievable!! Best hotel in Chicago!!
Friendly staff, SPECTACULAR Views and QUIET!!!!
Love the room decor!! Feels like a cruise ship!
Pool needs work but it was warm and wonderful!!
Blissage massage coming up!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this property three times in the past three months. It is right on the lake, and is good value for the money. This past time, as a Starwood Platinum member, I was offered an upgrade to my room. Room was a little more spacious (W rooms are always a little smaller than other Starwood properties) but noticed a fairly large crack in the wall, right above the connecting door to the room next door. Also, when I hung up my shirt and pants in the closet, there was a huge crack in the wall, with plaster falling off the wall. I was only there for one night, but went down to the front desk the following morning and spoke with Barbara (who is excellent!), who was very surprised at my finding and said the room would be taken out of commission and fixed. Also ate dinner at the bar, which was fine.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been going to the Lakeshore W for years now with my oldest daughter and now go with both of my children. I can only compare the service to Disney, for as soon as we arrive they make us feel very special. The same doorman Darnel has been there for years and welcomes us with a warm hug and great kindness. Daniel the What Ever When Ever manager gave us a trip of a life time this time by giving us an amazing update that my children will never forget. You may not think this is really a family focused hotel, but the service really exceeds what you would expect at a city hotel and the location is so close to Navy Pier and the American Girl Store you can't beat it!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, call and talk to the amazing staff if you are celebrating something, they will...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Typical W hotel with added benefit of truly amazing views of lake michigan and the ferris wheel at navy pier. Easy access to millennium park and other Chicago attractions. The service here is great. We have stayed here twice and always been impressed with everyone form the front desk staff to the bartenders. Rooms are comfortable. No complaints.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Great location - Navy Pier across the street - and fun vibe. Food and drinks are good, staff is very friendly. I stay at the W Lakeshore a lot and look forward to it every time. I highly recommend booking here!

• Stayed January 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed many times at the W Lakeshore for work, and I find it to be a great value and a serene hotel. With recent renovations, the lobby and restaurant in the lobby is a great place to meet folks - or get work done especially early morning over a great breakfast. A great spot if you are looking for a convenient location without the chaos of a typical downtown hotel.

This last trip the team at the W Lakeshore tracked my arrival in advance and two team members, Arlene Hampshire and Sonia Scalera, were great in helping to make my stay a great one. I am a Lifetime Platinum SPG member and received a great upgrade and a nice gift. Thank you Both!

Room Tip: Ask and you shall receive. Rooms facing the lake are great view wise.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!