“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Dallas, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice view of the Navy Pier. Clean, high end and very nice staff. Nice big room. Will stay again. The restaurant serves very good food and has very nice vibe at night in the lobby. Walking distance to Starbucks and places to eat.

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We traveled downtown to spend the weekend shopping and dining and stayed at The W hotel on Lakeshore Drive. The rooms are newly redesigned and Gorgeous! We had a perfect view of Navy Pier, enjoyed the pool, and had a delicious breakfast through room service. Every employee from the valet to the front desk was friendly and gave superior customer service. We will moat definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The entire bridal party was staying at the W Hotel- Lakeshore in Chicago last weekend and I can't even begin to stress how fabulous the hotel was! I've always stayed at the W, whether it be Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles or even Miami-South Beach. Great location, great service, the bellman was beyond helpful when helping us bring our luggage to our rooms. Staff was beyond accommodating!! For example, I was missing my puppy and requested a goldfish. Yes, a goldfish for my room and during my stay. 2 Hours later not only did I have a beautiful goldfish, name squishy, but fish food was included, along with a beautiful note.

Best STAY EVER!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I have been traveling from Miami to Chicago frequently because a family member is extremely ill and in the hospital... We LOVE Starwood hotels, specifically the W, so when we made our travel plans we chose the W Lakeshore, first because it's a W and secondly because it is close (walking distance) to the hospital (Northwestern) my sister is in.

This has been an extremely stressful time and we are going to be in Chicago regularly for extended amounts of time and we plan to stay at the W each and every time. In fact, we are booked to stay at the W Lakeshore for our next trip over the holidays. This will be a 10 day stay, and it's comforting to know we will be at the W Lakeshore.

For those of you who like specifics.... Here's the run down...

Daniel Winitsky checked us in and he was great, we were completely blown away by the champagne and strawberries and by the awesome room! It was unexpected, but it really cheered us up! Jeremy Dasilva checked us out and helped me print out my boarding passes, he was very nice, knowledgeable, and professional as well.

Overall, the staff was fantastic!!! Even our housekeeper, I think her name was Sari (30th floor 3018) she was so nice, took a lot of pride in her work, and did it with a smile everyday. She is most definitely a wonderful asset to the W Lakeshore team and I hope she gets acknowledged for it.

The whole experience at W Lakeshore was positive. It's an awesome place to call "home base" when we are in Chicago.

My boyfriend and I both HIGHLY recommend this hotel!! Looking forward to our next stay later this month.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!!! The higher up the better! Regardless, it's a W and the rooms are all p...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a meeting with my girlfriend at the time and she had never been to Chicago so I knew that Lakeshore Drive and W Hotel made for a perfect fit. We stayed and drove, walked and used the taxi system to see the sights, museums and all the awesomeness that Chicago has to offer. Chicago rules. They even gave us free rides on Acura MDX's which they had as part of their promotion. It's kind of funny because at the time I owned an Acura MDX back home so it was just like being home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed at the W several times prior to the remodel and I always loved it. I was actually tentative about what they could do to improve it. I think the decor is edgy and fun still not better than before just different. What was better this stay was the service. The check in, the concierge, the door men were all courteous, friendly and eager to please. I called before check in and asked for adjoining rooms, early check in they were able to accommodate, we received a great recommendation for dinner. We got back late and they were out of cookies so upon check out they gave my son a bag of cookies and offered a 2nd bag to my daughter. My kids ate the green apples in the lobby and in the pool the entire stay. Loved the beds, loved the linens, if any complaint I wish the bathrooms had heavier doors for privacy and that the room could get cooler. That's it! We'll be back! :)

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Encinitas, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In choosing the W brand, I thought it was a safe, modern choice close to Michigan ave. I will never stay at any W after this experience. First of all while modern, the rooms were dated... peeling paint, stains on the bathroom walls, and the tub enamel was chipping and dirty. GROSS. Also we had drunk LOUD and disorderly people in the halls fighting and the "security" just stood and watched. The manager said he would have his boss call me and he never did. Too busy for me I guess. Also they overcharged me as well and I had to call in and fight them after all of the other inconveniences. There are so many better places to stay. Even if your getting a deal it isn't worth it... unless your planning on getting NO sleep and having a dirty bathroom

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!