“Couldn't be better...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 172 Hotels in Chicago
Sarasota, Florida
“Couldn't be better...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Stayed at this location recently, the hotel was near capacity and you would have never known. The staff didn't miss a beat. The room was clean and in perfect order, any request of the staff was handled quickly and with a smile.

Room Tip: It's Chicago, get an upper floor overlooking the lake..
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 3 night while on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff are friendly, the rooms are well sized and there's a wall to wall sofa with views of Lake Michigan and Navy Pier!
For the most part the room was quiet, except on my final nights stay where the hotel seemed very full, elevators took forever and people were making a bit of noise in the late hours of the night. I think there was some event on up on the 33rd floor, so I wasn't too concerned with it.
The food in the Living Room is really nice too, I tried both the sausage pizza and the steak (on a couple different days) and enjoyed both of them.
It's a little way out from downtown Chicago, but you can get there for a $10 taxi ride or a 30min walk.
The only thing I found annoying (and this is pretty insignificant) was reaching for the toilet paper dispenser because for some reason it's behind the toilet :) Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Everything feels brand new and chic and modern. Location is perfect, looking right on to the lakeshore and the views from the hotel, including navy pier, are beautiful.

The rooms itself are very stylish and comfortable. We had a minor issue with the beddings which was not fully resolved due to the short time that we stayed in the hotel but I am sure that the staff would've dealt with the issue in a prompt manner had we stayed there longer.

Definitely recommend staying in this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a fantastic hotel, very up to W standards and the lobby bar is a great place to hang out and people watch. I recommend getting a room with a lake view, seems like you can see for miles. If only you could have the view plus be in the thick of the city, that would be amazing. Overall it's a great W and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We love our views as well!

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was my second stay at the W Hotel Lakeshore and recent reno's make the property even more desirable. I love the location and i love the can do attitude of the staff. Special shout out to Ramone and Louis the two Concierge's I dealt with - they were fantastic and their recommendations spot on!

Room Tip: Pick the room with lakeshore views, so beautiful to wake up!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for coming back to see us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the renovation and that Lois & Ramon were helpful!

Hope to meet you next time you stay with us!

Kind regards,

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

After a night of royal lodging, I was ready to check out. About 30 minutes after leaving I noticed I lost my car and house keys. I hurried back and alerted the front desk, security, and valet. They all searched to no avail. As I was preparing to accept my ruined weekend, Trevell showed up with keys in hand. Thank you! Great service even after check-out.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hello! I am glad to hear you had a good time with us and that Trevell found your keys! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Hope to see you back soon

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My best man planned my bachelor party here, and it was a great hotel for everyone for the weekend.

We called ahead and managed to get rooms all on the same floor, so it would be easier to meet up so we could all go out together. When we checked in, the front desk staff was extremely friendly. In fact, during our entire stay, the people who helped up checked in remembered us and called us by name each time we walked by.

The lobby has been remodeled recently, and it is absolutely amazing. There are nice sitting areas throughout the lobby, finished beautiful marble.

The room we reserved had a great view of Lake Michigan. It does get pretty bright in the morning, so be sure to close the shades. There was plenty of space in the room, and the rooms were decorated as well. Since our room had two beds, we didn't have a couch in our room. The rooms with one bed have a nice long couch to lounge and hang out with friends. Although, these types of rooms have a very interesting light by the bed, which is difficult to turn on. I figured out how to turn this light on in one of my friend's room, but when I tried to do this in my other friend's room I couldn't figure it out.

The only strange thing about the hotel room is the bathroom door. To maximize on space, there is a sliding door that has a small crack when closed.

We also had drinks at the bar downstairs, and service was amazing. There is a very interesting selection of drinks and food. It was nice to grab a corner table and hang out before heading out for the night.

Our last day, we ate in the restaurant in the lobby. The food was tasty, and the service was really good.

When we checked out, we were planning on taking two taxis to the airport, but the hotel staff said it would be cheaper if we all shared an SUV. That was a nice touch so that we could all spend our last few minutes all together.

This is a great hotel, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear you had such a fun weekend and you were able to celebrate prior to your big day! Congratulations on your wedding!

Best of luck to you!

Alejandra R

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!