“Will Be Returning” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Will Be Returning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the LSD W over the weekend of 9/19/2014. Great location along the lakefront. Great views of Navy Pier and the shoreline.

There was an issue with the room we were originally assigned. Brought it up to Welcome Desk Manager Zila and she "knocked it out of the park". She moved us to another room. Inspected the new room with us and assisted in getting our luggage moved and adjusted our rate for the inconvenience. GREAT JOB Zila!!!

We'll be Back!!!

Brian & Tina

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with beautiful views of the lakefront. Breakfast menu was very good.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Full disclosure - my close friend lives in the building next door, so I kind of love staying here because I get the delight of seeing my friend while donning some W slippies at the same time.

I like the restaurant and the bar downstairs, I had a couple of weird issues with service (in line with some of the other comments, but overall... It's fine. It also seems to be priced cheaper than the other W in town most of the time because when it's cold in Chicago, it's REALLY cold at this W.

So, in very short... not the best, but maybe not the worst.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We enjoyed the updated room with its amenities and new mattresses.
Ramon the concierge was particularly helpful and complimentary coffee in the am was very welcome. I didn't use the spa or work out facilities and access to the path along the lake is right outside. I also did not have occasion to use the internet service.

Overall , its a solid updated busy W.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am an SPG Platinum guest and I stay 75-100 nights a year at SPG properties. I recenlty stayed 5 nights at the W Chicago Lakeshore and I was extremely disappointed. On Monday night, I complained about poor internet and intermittent connectivity losses and it took the Manager 1 hour to call me back despite stating it was urgent. It took another 15 minutes to resolve the issue with tech support. Again, on Tuesday I lost internet connectivity and one of the front desk staff, was rude to me when I complained and I had to be asked to be transferred to the Manager, who again took a half hour to resolve my issues and promised to move me to another room the following day (I think that was you). The next day, I come back and call the front desk for the room change and they say they are not aware of the request when you specifically sent me an email about it. I asked them to have you call me and I did NOT receive a call back when I was in the room. So, I just decided to stay in the same room and just bear with the poor internet connectivity and unresponsive staff. In addition, I signed up for the Go Green program and asked for towels as I had been through the shower towels. I did not receive any towels until the next morning till I called again. Also, one of the lady front desk managers promised me 10,000 SPG points as compensation, and I've still not received it even though she said she'd enter it immediately. Worst customer service, well below the otherwise high standards of SPG. Do not stay unless the lake side location is important to you.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
W Chicago L, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Arvind,

We apologize for all of the issues with internet connectivity, and for not handling it promptly and efficiently. We promise that this is not our standard, and we'd like to ensure that your stay is reconciled. Please do not hesitate to email me directly so we can further discuss!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Service at this hotel was immediate and truly friendly--- a touch of O on the house phone got you instantly to a staff member who could help with everything--- I got free ironing and a button sewn on, lovely smiles and attentive service from room service, quick to get cabs, and even a present of freshly baked cookies--- this place was hard to beat and the rooms were very luxe and well appointed.. Room service food was excellent. Chic and hip, not "charming"... yet no attitude.... Bravo!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We enjoyed having you in, and look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Chicago!

W Hotels of Chicago Reviews Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for two nights. Front desk is in the restaurent, very confusing to find. Hotel decor is dark. Service was very poor. Had to go down to the front desk by myself to get the roomservice menu after waiting for 30 minutes. I would expect better service for the high price they charge per night.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi Mohan,

I'm so sorry to hear of the inconsistencies you experienced throughout your stay. We truly strive to make every guest comfortable and well-equipped to be at ease during their stay with us, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed expectations. Please do not hesitate to email me to further discuss how we can improve and reconcile your stay.

Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed 3 nights for a conference held in the building.

The good:
• bed was very comfortable
• breakfast in lobby restaurant was great
• size of room was good
• staff were pleasant
•complimentary coffee in the lobby, and it was good
• lots of outlets in your room
The not so good:
• the hallways are DARK, small blue lights illuminating the way; day and night....it was like a "fun house"
• there was a good side and a bad side to this hotel--one side with a beautiful view! The "city" side was a direct view into numerous apartment buildings; you could see the TVs on, people walking,etc.
•bathroom very small with little shelf space...not conducive for women, you need to line the sink and put your stuff in it to get ready
•decor is cold/ultra modern
• no outlets in meeting rooms

Stayed September 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom and breakfast at CURRENT. We're sorry to hear that some elements and amenities did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to me so we can learn how to exceed your expectations during your next stay!

alejandra.romero@whotels.com

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!