“Renovated Rooms are a hit” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #99 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Nashville, Tennessee
“Renovated Rooms are a hit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We enjoyed the updated room with its amenities and new mattresses.
Ramon the concierge was particularly helpful and complimentary coffee in the am was very welcome. I didn't use the spa or work out facilities and access to the path along the lake is right outside. I also did not have occasion to use the internet service.

Overall , its a solid updated busy W.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am an SPG Platinum guest and I stay 75-100 nights a year at SPG properties. I recenlty stayed 5 nights at the W Chicago Lakeshore and I was extremely disappointed. On Monday night, I complained about poor internet and intermittent connectivity losses and it took the Manager 1 hour to call me back despite stating it was urgent. It took another 15 minutes to resolve the issue with tech support. Again, on Tuesday I lost internet connectivity and one of the front desk staff, was rude to me when I complained and I had to be asked to be transferred to the Manager, who again took a half hour to resolve my issues and promised to move me to another room the following day (I think that was you). The next day, I come back and call the front desk for the room change and they say they are not aware of the request when you specifically sent me an email about it. I asked them to have you call me and I did NOT receive a call back when I was in the room. So, I just decided to stay in the same room and just bear with the poor internet connectivity and unresponsive staff. In addition, I signed up for the Go Green program and asked for towels as I had been through the shower towels. I did not receive any towels until the next morning till I called again. Also, one of the lady front desk managers promised me 10,000 SPG points as compensation, and I've still not received it even though she said she'd enter it immediately. Worst customer service, well below the otherwise high standards of SPG. Do not stay unless the lake side location is important to you.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
W Chicago L, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi Arvind,

We apologize for all of the issues with internet connectivity, and for not handling it promptly and efficiently. We promise that this is not our standard, and we'd like to ensure that your stay is reconciled. Please do not hesitate to email me directly so we can further discuss!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband is a Bears fan. We are from Montreal, QC, Canada. I have booked this upcoming trip (Sept 26-29) as a gift for him as well as a little getaway for us :)

I am reading the reviews with mixed emotions... I selected the W as I have been to other W properties and the stays where amazing (kudos to the W Montreal !).

We will be attending the Bears/Green Bay game and visiting Chicago during our stay. I want this special surprise to be a memorable one and I'm afraid to end up in a room with a wall/building view (quite a few deceiving comments on this) as I am not a preferred status guest ... The rooms with a view are usually available for upgrade to loyalty program guests or $$$... :(. I have spent quite a bit on this trip to date...Game tickets are not a given! And don't get me wrong...I am not a penny pincher!

With regards to customer reviews on lengthy check-in/out, thin walls, noise, no mini-bar, no privacy bathroom doors, outdated non renovated rooms... I guess I will have to rate this based on my one personal evaluation upon my return...

One thing is that I will try to capitalize on the great comments and reviews I have also read on this property... To be continued...

I'm am writing this out of concern as my great expectation is somewhat biased right now and I haven't even checked-in!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Service at this hotel was immediate and truly friendly--- a touch of O on the house phone got you instantly to a staff member who could help with everything--- I got free ironing and a button sewn on, lovely smiles and attentive service from room service, quick to get cabs, and even a present of freshly baked cookies--- this place was hard to beat and the rooms were very luxe and well appointed.. Room service food was excellent. Chic and hip, not "charming"... yet no attitude.... Bravo!

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We enjoyed having you in, and look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Chicago!

W Hotels of Chicago Reviews Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed for two nights. Front desk is in the restaurent, very confusing to find. Hotel decor is dark. Service was very poor. Had to go down to the front desk by myself to get the roomservice menu after waiting for 30 minutes. I would expect better service for the high price they charge per night.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi Mohan,

I'm so sorry to hear of the inconsistencies you experienced throughout your stay. We truly strive to make every guest comfortable and well-equipped to be at ease during their stay with us, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed expectations. Please do not hesitate to email me to further discuss how we can improve and reconcile your stay.

Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed 3 nights for a conference held in the building.

The good:
• bed was very comfortable
• breakfast in lobby restaurant was great
• size of room was good
• staff were pleasant
•complimentary coffee in the lobby, and it was good
• lots of outlets in your room
The not so good:
• the hallways are DARK, small blue lights illuminating the way; day and night....it was like a "fun house"
• there was a good side and a bad side to this hotel--one side with a beautiful view! The "city" side was a direct view into numerous apartment buildings; you could see the TVs on, people walking,etc.
•bathroom very small with little shelf space...not conducive for women, you need to line the sink and put your stuff in it to get ready
•decor is cold/ultra modern
• no outlets in meeting rooms

Stayed September 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom and breakfast at CURRENT. We're sorry to hear that some elements and amenities did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to me so we can learn how to exceed your expectations during your next stay!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable - but it is getting a little old and in need of some work. I had to pull and push my room door pretty hard to get it to open/close. The light beside my bed would not turn on - not sure if it was the bulb or the switch. The door in the men's restroom on the 33rd floor is busted and also jams when opening/closing.

That said, the location is great and the views (if you are on the lake side) are great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a lake view. I got to look at a wall :(