“Never Had Such Good Service Anywhere!! (and I travel alot..)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #99 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Never Had Such Good Service Anywhere!! (and I travel alot..)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Service at this hotel was immediate and truly friendly--- a touch of O on the house phone got you instantly to a staff member who could help with everything--- I got free ironing and a button sewn on, lovely smiles and attentive service from room service, quick to get cabs, and even a present of freshly baked cookies--- this place was hard to beat and the rooms were very luxe and well appointed.. Room service food was excellent. Chic and hip, not "charming"... yet no attitude.... Bravo!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed for two nights. Front desk is in the restaurent, very confusing to find. Hotel decor is dark. Service was very poor. Had to go down to the front desk by myself to get the roomservice menu after waiting for 30 minutes. I would expect better service for the high price they charge per night.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed 3 nights for a conference held in the building.

The good:
• bed was very comfortable
• breakfast in lobby restaurant was great
• size of room was good
• staff were pleasant
•complimentary coffee in the lobby, and it was good
• lots of outlets in your room
The not so good:
• the hallways are DARK, small blue lights illuminating the way; day and night....it was like a "fun house"
• there was a good side and a bad side to this hotel--one side with a beautiful view! The "city" side was a direct view into numerous apartment buildings; you could see the TVs on, people walking,etc.
•bathroom very small with little shelf space...not conducive for women, you need to line the sink and put your stuff in it to get ready
•decor is cold/ultra modern
• no outlets in meeting rooms

Stayed September 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable - but it is getting a little old and in need of some work. I had to pull and push my room door pretty hard to get it to open/close. The light beside my bed would not turn on - not sure if it was the bulb or the switch. The door in the men's restroom on the 33rd floor is busted and also jams when opening/closing.

That said, the location is great and the views (if you are on the lake side) are great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a lake view. I got to look at a wall :(
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel itself is gorgeous and the staff is responsive and cheerful. I stayed there as part of a conference and I flew in a day early so that I could enjoy the city on my wn time.

If I was just staying at the hotel for personal reasons then I would have rated them all 5 stars. Being there for a conference was a little tougher to rate. We moved back and forth from Florr 6 & 7 to Floor 33 on a fairly regular basis throughout the day and the elevators were a bit of an issue. I sometimes had to wait more than 4 minutes to leave my floor (26th) to go the lobby. I often took the stairs from 33 to 26 to avoid having to take the elevator.

I also think the staff in the lobby bar should have been staffed up. When there are 150 congregating with nothing else to do, we are likely going to end up in the bar. There were only 2 people to take care of the 50of us that showed up.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water or Navy Pier
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
WChicagoLakeshore, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello! Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and appreciate the additional feedback you provided from your stay.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Alejandra R
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The first thing that hit me was the smell in the hotel. Its some kind of fragrance they pump through the air vents, i loved it, it felt like i was entering a spa.
The very upbeat dancy music played in all public areas, loved it! No boring elevator music.
Unfortunately we go got a room looking over the city and not the lake, bummer, but the Bliss toiletries made up for that, nice touch. Parking costs about $50 a night, pretty stiff but i believe every hotel charge, some charge more, some charge less.
The room walls are a bit thin, we could hear our neighbours talking to each other.
Hotel is nice and close to the Navy Pier, and a quick walk in the opposite direction puts you close to all the shops.
Overall a good experience, will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for lake facing room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear you had a great experience with us! Hope we are able to welcome you back soon, next time please contact me direct and I will make sure you get to enjoy the lake views!

See you soon!

Alejandra R
alejandra.romero@whotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff at this hotel will strive to make sure your stay exceeded your expectations. My
Wife and I had a few issues with our room on our first night because door would not properly close shut, and the overall cleanliness of the room. We brought it to the attention of the staff and they really took care of us. Not to get into detail but Mike, one of the employees in the front desk made sure we had an excellent experience. Thanks again Mike and the entire W staff. Oh and the hotel amenities are spectacular. They have an inviting lounge downstairs with an ultra modern decor that carries all throughout the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014
W Chicago L, Manager at W Chicago Lakeshore, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Kareem,

We apologize for the issues with your initial check-in/room, but we're thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond for you! Thank you for the kind words regarding out decor and amenities. Hope to see you back at W Lakeshore soon!

W Hotels of Chicago Reviews Management

Been to W Chicago Lakeshore? Share your experiences!