We returned for our second visit here--just for pleasure--and though the city (and hotel) was overrun by marathoners (pun intended), with a very few exceptions, the hotel was as much a haven as it was our previous trip. We sprung for a large suite, which was lovely, although we may prefer the smaller yet cozier executive suite. With the suites, one gets 3 hours of a driver and Mini Cooper, which we used to visit architectural masterpieces. This is a delightful option. The food from room service was good (excepting the morning of the marathon), but the food at Shanghai Terrace was exceptional. We've eaten there three times now and it just gets better. The spa, like all Peninsula hotels, was perfect. Try the new bamboo harmony massage (imagine hot stones plus deep tissue and rollers). I also commend the spa personnel, particularly Victor and Anthony (therapists), and Lisa at the front desk. BTW, many folks prefer a female to a male therapist. These guys are all talented professionals, and in reverse discrimination, the men are fewer in number and particularly well-qualified. My husband also loved his massage with Veronica. Will we return? As soon as the wallet permits!
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- Peninsula Chicago
- Chicago Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Water Tower Park on the "Magnificent Mile," the city’s premier shopping district, The Peninsula Chicago is the city's most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all possible amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago is a proud recipient of the Five-Star, Five-Diamond Award, and was also recently awarded "#1 Large City Hotel In US And Canada" by readers of Travel + Leisure. The Peninsula Chicago's 339 luxurious guestrooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are exquisitely furnished in a contemporary yet classical style, with a state-of-the-art electronic system that provides guests the ability to control guestroom features with the touch of a button. At the top of The Peninsula Chicago, you’ll find the world-renowned Peninsula Spa. An intimate, indulgent environment featuring innovative spa treatments, gracious service and magnificent facilities including a half-Olympic length swimming pool on the 19th floor overlooking the Chicago skyline. With three distinctive restaurants and a bar, guests can choose from a diverse array of superb dining options. Shanghai Terrace is notable as much for its intensely flavored Shanghainese and Cantonese delicacies as for its matchless service and 1930s supper club atmosphere; The Lobby provides an incredible breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, live entertainment and delectable afternoon tea in elegant surroundings; The Bar offers a sophisticated menu of cocktails, port; and Pierrot Gourmet is a European-style cafe ideal for casual, light fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Amex, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.