We stayed at the Peninsula to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We stayed in a junior suite on a special rate where we paid for two nights and received the third night free.
The hotel is something special! The service is impeccable, the staff are friendly, helpful and approachable and the rooms are very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated.
The room itself was large - it had a king size bed, a couch alongside a large picture window and a very roomy bathroom with a stand-in shower, large jacuzzi tub, two separate sink areas and a dressing table. The room utilized electronic controls allowing you to indicate if you wanted your room to be serviced or if you didn't want to be disturbed. At the door was a control panel which also provided the outside temperature and humidity for the day - very handy as you made your way out for the day.
Service was incredible - too many little touches to mention but here is one example. My wife was reading a book and she left it out, face down and open to the page she was reading. When we returned from our day out the cleaning staff had put a book mark inside at the page she was reading.
The location is excellent - right on Michigan Avenue and within walking distance of most of the main, downtown tourist sites.
We largely ate out, including breakfast most days at a little cafe down the street, however we did eat breakfast one day in the hotel and it was very good. You do pay hotel prices for food and can likely find better deals elsewhere, but the quality and service were certainly very good.
This is an excellent, true five-star hotel. It isn't cheap and if you wince at prices, don't consider staying here. If you value exceptional service and exquisite surroundings, this is a place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- Peninsula Chicago
- Chicago Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Water Tower Park on the "Magnificent Mile," the city’s premier shopping district, The Peninsula Chicago is the city's most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all possible amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago is a proud recipient of the Five-Star, Five-Diamond Award, and was also recently awarded "#1 Large City Hotel In US And Canada" by readers of Travel + Leisure. The Peninsula Chicago's 339 luxurious guestrooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are exquisitely furnished in a contemporary yet classical style, with a state-of-the-art electronic system that provides guests the ability to control guestroom features with the touch of a button. At the top of The Peninsula Chicago, you’ll find the world-renowned Peninsula Spa. An intimate, indulgent environment featuring innovative spa treatments, gracious service and magnificent facilities including a half-Olympic length swimming pool on the 19th floor overlooking the Chicago skyline. With three distinctive restaurants and a bar, guests can choose from a diverse array of superb dining options. Shanghai Terrace is notable as much for its intensely flavored Shanghainese and Cantonese delicacies as for its matchless service and 1930s supper club atmosphere; The Lobby provides an incredible breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, live entertainment and delectable afternoon tea in elegant surroundings; The Bar offers a sophisticated menu of cocktails, port; and Pierrot Gourmet is a European-style cafe ideal for casual, light fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Amex, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.