“I was a doubter; but now I am a believer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Chicago

Save Saved
You added The Peninsula Chicago to your Saves list
The Peninsula Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East Superior Street, at North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Room Upgrade and Amenity
Ranked #5 of 169 hotels in Chicago
San Francisco
“I was a doubter; but now I am a believer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed at plenty hotels and some that I have loved but nothing has topped this hotel. Yes, the rooms are nice, yes the hotel has good amenities, but it is the service that knocks you off your feet. From putting a bottle stopper on my Perrier to keep it from going flat to recovering my carry on bag from the street corner where my husband left it (don't get me started), the Peninsula went above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. The location is central to everything too. I booked through Expedia and got one night free so I was very happy. Don't waste your time or money elsewhere. This is the place to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ThePeninsulaChi, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Cocoanellie,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and providing your generous review. We are thrilled to hear you found our service to be deserving of your 5-star rating and that you enjoyed the level of attentiveness during your stay. We are glad we could assist in recovering your carry-on luggage as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

Richard Sorensen
Hotel Manager

804 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well woth the money! Very clean and beautiful room. Having ice in the room when you returned @ nice a great touch. Very Modern techology for the lights,AC and TV.... people very friendly. Great bar staff! The bar manager and waitress extreamly efficient and friendly. We will go back anytime in th Windy City! The restaurant downstairs was delicious as well and resonable prices!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaChi, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear A_Benz1969,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at The Peninsula Chicago. We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed the modern technology and found our staff to be friendly. We have passed on your compliments to our staff at The Bar and appreciate the kind words on their efficiency and service. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy Shanghai Terrace as well. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The best hotel in Chicago .The room, the food and the ambience is breathtaking . Anytime I decide to stay in the city this is my top choice for a hotel. Love the view and love the all the close shopping near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaChi, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Ms. RoseS1969,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and providing your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel’s location on Michigan Avenue, as well as the views of the city. We are grateful for your comments on the food and ambience during your experience and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Loved this hotel. Top customer service from the moment our taxi arrived to departing for airport. Gracious and extremely helpful staff. They even returned our rental car for us. Delicious breakfast in dining room served with such gracious hospitality. Would recommend this hotel over all others and there are some really nice hotels in Chi ago!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Ms. ClaudiaZS,

Your generous feedback is appreciated, as well as the kind recommendation. We are delighted to learn you found the staff to be gracious and helpful during your stay and happy our staff could assist in returning your rental car. We hope to welcome you back to The Peninsula Chicago again soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really liked this place. I've always liked a slight hint of the Orient in my travels, and although it's fairly watered down here from the lions out front to slight touches in the decor, there's a pleasant quietude about this place that won me over.

The grand entrance hall sets you up. The front desk and its gracious service invites you in. The lobby with its live music tucked away on an upper balcony sings to you. Don't even get me started on the chocolate buffet. Yes, you heard me right. The room was well-appointed and the prices were right. The location was right off Michigan, behind a Tiffany's of all things, and I'm coming back with my coworkers for sure. My only complaint is that they used to have Avenues and turned it into additional meeting/banquet space. That was a great restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BigFish-56,

Thank you for again choosing The Peninsula Chicago and providing your review. Your gracious feedback is appreciated. We are proud of your comments on the calmness you find during your stay and are delighted to hear you enjoy the music in The Lobby during Chocolate at The Pen! We are also glad you found the location near Michigan Avenue to be convenient and hope to welcome your co-workers during your next stay. We are sorry to hear you miss Avenues, however we offer incredible dining experiences in The Lobby, Shanghai Terrace and Pierrot Gourmet. We would be happy to welcome you at any of these restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I didn't actually stay at this hotel but my husband and young daughter did. My husband said the service was ridiculously good and that the hotel was amazing. So why would I be writing this then....well after upon returning my daughter, in tears, told me she forgot her dream catcher and a little tape measure that was once my deceased mothers. She slept with them every night and was super upset she left them behind. The next day my husband called over and they said they had the items and sent them straight out. When we received the package it was if they really knew how much the items meant. They were wrapped in tissue and placed in a felt bag. Many thanks to the maid who found and returned them to the front desk and for whoever sent off the package! If I ever go to Chicago I know where Im staying!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Vicki00000,

We appreciate your gracious feedback and happy to accommodate your husband and daughter during their recent stay at The Peninsula Chicago. We are delighted to have been able to return the dream catcher and tape measure to your daughter; we imagine she would have been disappointed if her treasured items were not returned to her.

We hope next time you can all visit us as a family!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Peninsula Hotel is one of my favorite Chicago hotels. The Peninsula is a classic experience. The lobby and restaurants are gorgeous. The rooms are beautiful. The location is exceptional for shopping! The spa is fantastic and the service impeccable. Does it get any better? It does if it is summertime and you can go outside on their terrace for a cocktail! Definitely one of Chicago's pricier properties, but if you are looking to splurge a little - it is worth it! You will enjoy your entire experience. Also - their indoor bar is always very busy, it's a popular spot. I would recommend trying to get a reservation if it is possible.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a King Deluxe or Grand Deluxe for more space.