“Delighted to stay at the Peninsula Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Chicago

Save Saved
You added The Peninsula Chicago to your Saves list
The Peninsula Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East Superior Street, at North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Room Upgrade and Amenity
Ranked #5 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delighted to stay at the Peninsula Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

After staying at numerous 5 star hotels in Chicago over the years, I must admit this hotel is the best of the bunch.
I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Peninsula Chicago for three nights.
The location of the hotel is perfect. The staff was just awesome and very attentive to my needs.
The hotel is elegant, and well kept. My room was spacious and the bedding was very comfortable. I simply enjoyed the large bathtub.
I found the food in the restaurants to be superb. The attention to detail and luxury was impeccable, right down to the delicious nut mix they served at the bar! WOW, that stuff was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CJ W, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Robin,

Thank you for sharing your gracious comments on your recent stay at The Peninsula Chicago. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, the attentiveness of our staff and quality of the amenities. We are also glad you joined us in our dining venues and found the food to be superb. The nut mix is also a personal favorite.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
maritimes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Peninsula Chicago was amazing. The lobby is on the street level and then the check in and hotel itself is maybe 15 floors up. The rooms are lovely and spacious. There is a turn down service in the evening. Nice views, my room faced the street and it I could hear the sirens a few times during the night. The pool is lovely, not huge but a nice spot to read the newspaper and have a little swim. I loved the steam room, just off the pool area and the strawberry infused water was a nice touch. The service was perfect and the location was ideal. There's also a sweet little private skating rink off their terrace--I didn't use it but it looked like fun. There is also a private car service in the evening for guest use.

Room Tip: rooms facing the street were a little noisy even though the rooms are all on high floors. Those sire...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CJ W, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Happytraveller333,

We thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago for your recent stay and for providing feedback on your experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms and turndown service, as well as the location. The hotel is close to a hospital, adding to the sounds of the city. We are also glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities in The Peninsula Spa during your stay. The skating rink will return this winter season, open to all guests; $10 for adults, $5 for kids which benefits our children’s charities partners. We are pleased to hear your overall experience was “perfect” and we look forward to welcoming you back at The Peninsula Chicago.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Peninsula Hotel Chicago is a must for anyone who travels to Chicago. It has an outstanding staff, great location and the restaurants are 5 star. I went on business and stayed an extra day just to enjoy the Hotel. The bedding was exceptional, pillows were great. I loved the chocolates they had for us on the nightstand so much that I bought some to bring home with me. The bathroom was divine. Service was the best of the Peninsula chain that I have experienced. I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Chicago so much due to the Peninsula Hotel. You do get a surprise with the entrance as it is a bit strange on the street level, but once you get up to the lobby you are transported into greatness. A truly wonderful Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Michigan Avenue view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your gracious feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at The Peninsula Chicago, as well as the restaurants, amenities and service. We hope to welcome you back soon and look forward to offering you another 5-star experience.

Finleyville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful rooms & cleaned twice daily! Loved having a soaking tub, separate shower, TV & phone in bathroom. I got hotel earlier than expected & room was not ready. I had planned on having tea in Lobby Restaurant, but it was a little too early & hostess did not seem to grasp that I just wanted to get a table & wait for the tea. She seated me @table by the busing area. I ended up getting a glass of wine with fruit & cheese plate. My waiter apologized for where I was seated & even paid for the glass of wine when I explained I had asked to have the afternoon tea but was told it was not time. We did enjoy having the I-pod docking station & free Internet in our room. We were a party of 3 females & had looked forward to using the pool after checking site out, but it was closed our entire stay, 1 reason for not giving 5 stars. They had arranged with a nearby hotel to use their pool, but it was very cold & not very luxurious to have to go outside to another facility to swim. I tried the little restaurant attached to hotel for breakfast on my own the last day, it was superb & I look forward to taking my sister there on my next trip. (The only drawback to it was having to go outside to get to it. I had not worn a coat because I thought there was an entrance inside--they should make that clear in the hotel literature!). Would stay here again if I could afford to, but that probably won't happen unless Orbitz has another good deal!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Friend of The Peninsula,

Thank you for staying with us at The Peninsula Chicago and providing feedback on your experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the room amenities and cleanliness of the hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience of the pool closure during your stay. We are glad to report the pool is now open and we hope to have you return to experience the pool and upgraded surrounding area during your next stay. We also appreciate your note regarding Pierrot Gourmet’s entrance and, although we do mention the entrance is street level in hotel literature, our staff should have been more helpful in making this clear. We look forward to welcoming you and your sister on your next visit and hope you have a chance to try our macarons – they are a house favorite.

We are also pleased to hear you were able to join us in The Lobby. Our Afternoon Tea seatings are 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 3:30 pm on Sundays and we offer our apologies that the hostess did not clearly express this to you. Our pastries and tea menu items are prepared fresh before Afternoon Tea service so we apologize we did not have the full service available to you at your earlier arrival.

We are delighted you stayed to enjoy wine with a fruit and a cheese plate and glad to hear your server accommodated your seating to a more preferred location.

Please feel free to contact me directly in the future should you need assistance in making a reservation. Please contact me direct at (1-312) 573 6520 or via e-mail at RichardSorensen@peninsula.com. Thank you.

Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is rated 5-star, 5-diamond and truly sets the benchmark for customer service. I've stayed at luxury chain resorts such as the Ritz-Carlton and the Four Seasons in many different locations so I tend to be very tough on handing out compliments (given the high rates these resorts charge you expect a certain level of service). The Peninsula Chicago still impressed me through and through despite my already high expectations. From the bellman pulling up curbside to the concierge to room and maid service, they all exceeded my expectations. They certainly are deserving of the 5-star/5-diamond rating and in my opinion should be the standard to be measured against.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Friend of The Peninsula,

We thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago for your recent stay and providing feedback on your experience. Your gracious comments on the service and our 5-star, 5-diamond ratings are appreciated. We hope to continue to be the standard of excellence and are pleased to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My visit to the Peninsula was amazing. From the beautifully appointed art and displays in the lobby to the amazing spacious rooms, my entire weekend was over the top. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. All the meals we had were perfectly prepared ans served with a smile. I highly recommend a stay because words can not express the experience. PS if you want spa services book early.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Koi777,

Thank you for providing your gracious feedback of your experience at The Peninsula Chicago. We are pleased you enjoyed the décor and spacious rooms, as well as the friendly service during your stay. The Peninsula Spa is in high demand so we always recommend to our guests and Spa Members to make reservations in advance. We hope you were able to take advantage of The Peninsula Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from two nights at this perfectly placed downtown hotel. Staff was always nearby offering a helping hand or asking how they could make your visit better. Room was sparkling clean with thoughtful amenities throughout. Bathroom was luxurious and I never wanted to leave! Beautiful property, excellent staff and I hope to return again soon.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ThePeninsulaChicago, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Friend of The Peninsula,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your gracious feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at The Peninsula Chicago, as well as the friendly staff, spotless rooms, and thoughtful amenities. We enjoyed making your stay memorable and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Peninsula Chicago? Share your experiences!