“Relaxing afternoon tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Chicago

You added The Peninsula Chicago to your Saves list
The Peninsula Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East Superior Street, at North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 183 Hotels in Chicago
“Relaxing afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

During a day of shopping in downtown Chicago, we had tea in the dining room. Wonderful service. The treats were delicious and the presentation outstanding. We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon tea to the beautiful music of a stringed quartet. Reservations are required. Jeans are acceptable, but no flipflops. A must to be included for a day of shopping in Chicago. Walking distance from Macys.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ThePeninsulaChicago, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Natesmimi,

Thank you for choosing to experience Afternoon Tea in The Lobby recently. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the cuisine as well as the lively String Quartet band playing in the background throughout the afternoon.

We appreciate receiving your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had great expectations for the Peninsula, and perhaps that was unfair. In any event, there is nothing bad with it, but the rooms in terms of layout and design are completely dull, the bathrooms not up to par really. The service is friendly enough, but could use some efficiency. I don't remember the breakfast or other dining, which does not say much about it, but in this respect the hotel should have benefit of the doubt. The location is great, of course.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pcinbk
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My first experience with the Peninsula Hotel chain was in Singapore. That hotel, although elegant in the common areas, was more like a dorm in the rooms, with plain décor and hard beds. I’m happy to say that the Peninsula in Chicago is not like that. It is elegant through and through. The lobby is grand. Afternoon tea and Sunday brunch are great events at the Peninsula. The rooms are grand, the beds are comfortable,
and they have excellent amenities.

The location is good. There are many good restaurants in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: High floors, so you can see Chicago.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ThePeninsulaChicago, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Mayoplan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Chicago, we truly appreciate your business. While The Peninsula Excelisor is a lovely hotel in Singapore, it is not associated with our hotel company or Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels, we apologize if you were under a different impression. We do have hotels in the following cities: Shanghai, Tokyo, Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo, Bangkok, Chicago, Manila, Beverly Hills and will soon be opening a hotel in Paris as well.

I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our hotel, your guest room as well the many amenities we offer. I’m also happy you had a chance to join us for both Afternoon Tea and Sunday Brunch, as those are two dining experiences that are quite unique and showcase our chefs’ great talents.

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a great few nights here.
Had a beautiful suite with a bathtub looking along the Main Street.
I came to visit a friend and I'm happy I choose this hotel because its perfectly located for shopping along the golden mile, and the staff are amazing. Concierge summed me up in one go and knew exactly what I was looking for and what would interest me.
Would I come back? Yes. Highly recommend it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KaspXhotels
Dear Gumjoytravels,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Chicago. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at the hotel as well as the service, convenient location and recommendations you received from our Concierge Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula soon.

Warm regards,

North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my first visit to the Peninsula Chicago and I hope it will not be my last. I was there for a conference and I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The room was well appointed, hotel staff very helpful and the food delicious. The location of the hotel is perfect. I cannot say enough good things about the Peninsula!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brownie0022
ThePeninsulaChicago, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Brownie0022,

We appreciate your positive review and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Chicago. We are delighted to hear you had an excellent first stay with us, and that you enjoyed your guest room and the service you received as well as our cuisine.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Our room was lovely - mood lighting option in every room, separate shower with small bench within and wonderful bath products, great bed and linen, and wonderful service. Every member of staff made me feel welcome and it didn't feel false. The bar served great cocktails and beer. Very upscale but not pretentious. We can't wait to plan our next trip to Chicago and will definitely stay at the hotel again. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CWD22,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Peninsula recently. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the amenities in your guest room as well as the service you received throughout your stay.

We’re thrilled to hear you will be visiting Chicago again and look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future. If you need assistance planning your future visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Positives first: area is ideal...right off the Magnificant Mile. Also, the immenities were good, and close to many restaurants. Now, the negative. I reserved a non smoking room, and was assigned to a smoking room. Some acquaintances checked in after me (shared a room). They reserved a non-smoking room, but was offered an upgrade to a bigger, non-smoking room for no extra charge. After checking out, I waited over an hour for my car. Finally, I was told it was parked waayyy down the street. When I walked to it, the tire was on a complete flat and no one said a thing. It was a Sunday and I was in tears, until someone helped me find a tire place that was open. I haven't stayed there again, and I wrote a letter of complaint but never got a response from management. Poor business all around. Saw three celebrities though (although I didn't know who the 3rd was, only that he was an athlete planked by 3 women lol).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo