Positives first: area is ideal...right off the Magnificant Mile. Also, the immenities were good, and close to many restaurants. Now, the negative. I reserved a non smoking room, and was assigned to a smoking room. Some acquaintances checked in after me (shared a room). They reserved a non-smoking room, but was offered an upgrade to a bigger, non-smoking room for no extra charge. After checking out, I waited over an hour for my car. Finally, I was told it was parked waayyy down the street. When I walked to it, the tire was on a complete flat and no one said a thing. It was a Sunday and I was in tears, until someone helped me find a tire place that was open. I haven't stayed there again, and I wrote a letter of complaint but never got a response from management. Poor business all around. Saw three celebrities though (although I didn't know who the 3rd was, only that he was an athlete planked by 3 women lol).
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- Peninsula Chicago
- Chicago Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Water Tower Park on the "Magnificent Mile," the city’s premier shopping district, The Peninsula Chicago is the city's most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all possible amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago is a proud recipient of the Five-Star, Five-Diamond Award, and was also recently awarded "#1 Large City Hotel In US And Canada" by readers of Travel + Leisure. The Peninsula Chicago's 339 luxurious guestrooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are exquisitely furnished in a contemporary yet classical style, with a state-of-the-art electronic system that provides guests the ability to control guestroom features with the touch of a button. At the top of The Peninsula Chicago, you’ll find the world-renowned Peninsula Spa. An intimate, indulgent environment featuring innovative spa treatments, gracious service and magnificent facilities including a half-Olympic length swimming pool on the 19th floor overlooking the Chicago skyline. With three distinctive restaurants and a bar, guests can choose from a diverse array of superb dining options. Shanghai Terrace is notable as much for its intensely flavored Shanghainese and Cantonese delicacies as for its matchless service and 1930s supper club atmosphere; The Lobby provides an incredible breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, live entertainment and delectable afternoon tea in elegant surroundings; The Bar offers a sophisticated menu of cocktails, port; and Pierrot Gourmet is a European-style cafe ideal for casual, light fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Venere, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.