We stayed at the Peninsula in early December for a quick getaway weekend. Not much more I can add here beyond what other positive reviewers had to stay, but wanted to add if you are traveling with children to let them know when you make your reservation.
Upon returning to our room the first night, our girls found two little Christmas teddy bears, a Peninsula makeup bag filled with soaps, gels, toothbrush, floss, and kid toothpaste, and a fun dessert tray with popcorn, cookies, gummy bears, jello, water, and nuts and fruit for the adults. This hotel is beautiful and treats kids wonderfully. My girls thought it was very fun and felt special from the treatment they were given by hotel employees. The pool and hot tub didn't disappoint, and the location is superb. Peninsula makes it hard to stay elsewhere - will return.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Peninsula Chicago
- Chicago Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Water Tower Park on the "Magnificent Mile," the city’s premier shopping district, The Peninsula Chicago is the city's most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all possible amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago is a proud recipient of the Five-Star, Five-Diamond Award, and was also recently awarded "#1 Large City Hotel In US And Canada" by readers of Travel + Leisure. The Peninsula Chicago's 339 luxurious guestrooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are exquisitely furnished in a contemporary yet classical style, with a state-of-the-art electronic system that provides guests the ability to control guestroom features with the touch of a button. At the top of The Peninsula Chicago, you’ll find the world-renowned Peninsula Spa. An intimate, indulgent environment featuring innovative spa treatments, gracious service and magnificent facilities including a half-Olympic length swimming pool on the 19th floor overlooking the Chicago skyline. With three distinctive restaurants and a bar, guests can choose from a diverse array of superb dining options. Shanghai Terrace is notable as much for its intensely flavored Shanghainese and Cantonese delicacies as for its matchless service and 1930s supper club atmosphere; The Lobby provides an incredible breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, live entertainment and delectable afternoon tea in elegant surroundings; The Bar offers a sophisticated menu of cocktails, port; and Pierrot Gourmet is a European-style cafe ideal for casual, light fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Peninsula Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.