just stayed for 5 nights with my husband. the location and service were excellent. the hotel starts above street level so 2 elevators are necessary to get to your room. check in was very simple. the room was spacious for 2 people. the decor was pleasant and understated. i found the bathroom to be well appointed, but the layout was a little odd. the water closet and the shower had glass doors and were positioned opposite each other, just at the entrance to the bathroom. this made things a little awkward as the 2 doors could hit each other and also block the bathroom entrance. the king bed we had was very comfortable. there was a console on the nightstand which had convenient controls on it.
my only 1 real complaint is that the towels, generously sized, were very coarse and abrasive. they were not the soft thick towels that i would expect from this hotel. i mentioned it to the front desk, and the housekeeper left even more towels in my bathroom. unfortunately, they were all of the same quality as the ones i complained about. the towels felt like super large bath mats. i know this may be picky, but i have had much softer towels at much cheaper hotels/motels.
the concierge was quite helpful and helped with a dinner reservation. everyone at the hotel was quite pleasant and helpful and cheerful. there is free coffee and tea in the mornings near the front desk which was generous. the spa was quite nice with a great workout room. exercise classes were offered gratis, and the lap pool was spectacular. i did not eat at the hotel, but the main restaurant appeared quite pleasant. the overall ambience was refined and reserved.
the location is quite convenient to shopping and good restaurants. two great pizza places are within 1-2 blocks. we walked to second city as well as the cadillac theater to see les miserables.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- Peninsula Chicago
- Chicago Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Water Tower Park on the "Magnificent Mile," the city’s premier shopping district, The Peninsula Chicago is the city's most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all possible amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago is a proud recipient of the Five-Star, Five-Diamond Award, and was also recently awarded "#1 Large City Hotel In US And Canada" by readers of Travel + Leisure. The Peninsula Chicago's 339 luxurious guestrooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are exquisitely furnished in a contemporary yet classical style, with a state-of-the-art electronic system that provides guests the ability to control guestroom features with the touch of a button. At the top of The Peninsula Chicago, you’ll find the world-renowned Peninsula Spa. An intimate, indulgent environment featuring innovative spa treatments, gracious service and magnificent facilities including a half-Olympic length swimming pool on the 19th floor overlooking the Chicago skyline. With three distinctive restaurants and a bar, guests can choose from a diverse array of superb dining options. Shanghai Terrace is notable as much for its intensely flavored Shanghainese and Cantonese delicacies as for its matchless service and 1930s supper club atmosphere; The Lobby provides an incredible breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, live entertainment and delectable afternoon tea in elegant surroundings; The Bar offers a sophisticated menu of cocktails, port; and Pierrot Gourmet is a European-style cafe ideal for casual, light fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.