“Exceptional Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Chicago

You added The Peninsula Chicago to your Saves list
The Peninsula Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East Superior Street, at North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exceptional Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Amazing hotel. You can easily understand why celebrities stay at this hotel. The level of service lived beyond its reputation. Everyone anticipated your needs and was very pleasant helping. From the mini-driver to the concierge to the wait staff bringing breakfast every morning, the service should be what every 5 star hotel aspires to. Clean, beautiful, comfortable. Best hotel experience I've had.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was among my best hotel experiences ever. I've stayed hundreds of nights in places all around the world and the service at this hotel is exceptional. After I checked in, the attendant took me to my room and gave me a run down of all the accoutrements. Despite numerous guests, I waited for nothing. Immediate access to facilities, concierges, and services.

The property itself is very comfortable. The bed in the room itself was initially great but settled through the feathers to a firmer style I generally don't like. The bathroom was awesome and the TV near the tub was cool.

Very comfortable and a quick walk to many places in the heart of gorgeous Chicago. Right across the street from Giordano's if you like the famous stuft crust pizza! I had great weather that day and it was an awesome overall experience.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Everyone needs to experience a truly elegant visit to a five star hotel. The Peninsula offers an unpretentious opportunity to do so. The service from the door man to the bellhop to the telephone operator are trained to make your stay one of ease; each has the detailed knowledge of the hotel.

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding,which included cocktails, dinner and dancing. The food was imaginative and tasty; the service impectable.

In the morning, I woke early and had a Chinese breakfast which tasted as well as described in the menu. When I returned to my suite (this was Sunday), there were 2 newspapers waiting for us. The Peninsula exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: My guess is that there are no bad rooms!
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Peninsula Hotel chain is known for exceptional customer service. I recently found this to be consistent while staying at the Chicago location. I have stayed at this location before, as well as Beverly Hills and New York City. My trip September 10, 2011 was just for one night, for a friend's baby shower which I flew in for. My room was upgraded as I am a repeat guest and I appreciate being recognized as such. The concierge, Robert, greeted me with a huge smile by name even after not seeing him for a few years! I ordered room service and found the food as expected- fresh, beautifully presented and delicious. I enjoyed the spa- I used the steam room and also luckily grabbed a toiletry kit as I had forgotten my tooth brush. I also enjoyed the Peninsula bar which is one of my favorite hotel bars, and the dining room for breakfast with a friend. The hotel location is perfect for shopping, sight seeing, city life, walking/strolling, and enjoying Michigan Avenue. My room was so comfortable and luxurious- a corner room on the 17th floor where I was mesmerized by views of the full moon rising out my windows. It was a lovely 24 hour splurge with comfort, service, and the pleasure of excellent attention to detail.

Room Tip: Corner suites are gorgeous! I have stayed in the most basic rooms too and found the comfort and luxu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've been loyal Peninsula visitors for years and returned this year for another weekend retreat. It is truly the best of the best for its level of personal and dedicated service.
In Chicago, the location is outstanding and the restaurants are of the highest quality anywhere. My wife is a passionate advocate of the Spa and the pool space - again the best in Chicago. We'll be back for certain.

Room Tip: Ask about quieter rooms. The external noise (sirens ,etc) can be notable.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

There is really nothing more that I can add to all of the positive reviews written by others. We try to go to The Peninsula once a year, and I always look forward to staying at the hotel. Yes, as others have stated, it is expensive, and if you want over the top glam for the money this is not the right place for you. If you want very comfortable, under stated luxury, then The Peninsula fits the bill.

Service is impeccable and the rooms are designed to anticipate your needs. I have not experienced a hotel room that is laid out as well as the rooms here. Also, we have never done the chocolate late night buffet, but I've heard many good things. We have had the Sunday brunch several times, and it is outstanding each time. Once again it is expensive, but it includes a wide range of options of extremely high quality. I'm looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels, perhaps hundreds. None come close to the Peninsula in terms of getting it right. This hotel defines every standard. Sorry to say, I could not find a flaw. So, my review will simply define some of the extra touches that went into this definition. In no particular order: When you arrive, you face the concierge desk, not the reception. The concierge, rather than point my to the reception walked with me over to the reception, and struck up a fascinating conversation. The room with more logical electronics, well laid out, with easy to read instructions, even a TV remote that illuminated when you touched it. A welcome fruit layout (I was not VIP'd or anything like that). A breakfast, where upon ordering oatmeal, I made a comment to my colleague that the sugar was not real brown sugar. I did not ask the staff for n alternate; they came with it in any event. We were working in a suite on a business program, ordered coffee. It arrived, and about an hour later, they brought a second carafe, because the waiter thought we looked as if one was not going to be enough. (He was so right!) When I went to leave, I did not check out, as I was late. Yet, the doorman, somehow, knew my name...there was no way he could have been alerted to my depature! The bar has been set very high.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Peninsula Chicago? Share your experiences!