“Excellent downtown choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   216 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Streeterville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Iowa
“Excellent downtown choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Just spent 2 nights at Fairfield Inn and Suites in downtown Chicago, with my wife and 2 year old. The hotel experience was excellent in every way. All the hotel staff we encoutered, check-in, room service, valet and cleaning persons were very friendly and professional. We had a King Suite so that our 2 year old could sleep early and we could still have another room to watch TV, read, etc., and it was wonderful. When we arrived, I asked where we could buy some milk for the baby and the front desk clerk said they would just bring some to the room. Within 5 minutes of getting to the room, some milk arrived. By that time, I realized I had not requested a baby crib so the guy turned around and had a crib back up to us in 5 minutes. All with smiles.

The breakfast was included in the room rate and had the standard continental fare, plus make your own waffles and surprisingly good prepackaged Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. It was very busy but they did a good job of keeping things stocked and clean.

The location is excellent, on Ontario a block or so from Michigan. We walked to the museum campus, millenium park, navy pier, etc. There are unlimited restaurants within walking distance and of course all the shopping most people want on Michigan Ave, Watertower, Northbridge, etc.

We have stayed in this area for long weekend stays and business trips many times and this is our new favorite place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Platteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

My wife and I were in town for one night to see a concert at the United Center. After much online comparing of properties, amenities, and prices, I settled on the Fairfield. It turned out to be a good choice.

The staff, from valets to concierge to bellman was very polite and equally helpful. When we arrived at our (first) room, we opened the door to find that the room had obviously not been cleaned after the last guest. The bellman apologized profusely, said he'd be right back, and in five minutes was back with another room number and keys. This room was just fine. It was smallish but adequate for our needs and also very clean and well maintained.

The property's location was great for our needs although if we'd been staying for several days and visiting multiple locations I think I would have wanted a more centralized location. As it was, we were a $15 cab ride from the UC so it was great for us.

All in all I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice clean facility with top-notch professional staff. I'm not if the price we paid was the normal rate but it was very reasonable, especially when compared to other properties in the same neighborhood that were $200 and up per night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
COLUMBUS OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I have never said this about a hotel...but I truly wanted to stay longer. Everything was perfect...EVERYTHING! And I will be back...count on it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

This hotel was more than we'd hoped for. The service was excellent, the location was perfect, and the price was extremely reasonable. Staff went out of their way to take care of our needs. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

From the reception to the room, everything is the best. I had a King suite on the 10th floor and it was amazing. Breakfast was complimentary and very rich. Prices were very much low. Great Deal. Enjoyed the stay for 5 nights

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nil
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I got stranded in Chicago at 400AM on April 27, 2009 and was able to get a ride to downtown Chicago. I first tried to get into the Courtyard which was across the street and wanted to use points for my stay of what was to be only 6 hours long. The Courtyard receptionist was horribly rude and refused to help. I walked across the street to the Fairfield Inn where the receptionist helped me beyond belief. He called reservations and was able to accomodate me for the few hours. The staff in the morning helped me arrange a rental car and provided me with every direction I needed. Staff was amazing.

THe room itself which I slept in for a couple hours was average. The beds were way too hard though which made it a little uncomfortable. The stay cost 25000 points because it is a catagory 5. I wouldn't stay here if I had a choice but it is what it is.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel but the staff deserves to me recognized for what they did. I understand it's a downtown hotel within walking distance of the major attractions which was nice but I think its a little pricey point wise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I wasn't in the mood to be critical, because I had completely lucked out (after a month of trying) and got our rooms here for $55 each including tax, using Priceline. That's cheaper than any cheap motel I could have found, and the Fairfield Inn was an overnight haven for us. We had come to see a show the night before and needed rest before driving back to Ohio the next day. The front desk service is extremely friendly and helpful. The valet parking is EXPENSIVE--$42--but we didn't mind because of the rate we'd gotten. The rooms are decorated in too modern a style for my taste--weird shaped furniture, a lot of ORANGE--but very clean. Bathroom amenities are too sparse--no lotion?! The bathroom was small but clean. The best thing about the hotel might have been the FREE breakfast which had a fantastic selection including hard boiled eggs, good donuts and muffins, waffles, and healthy varieties of cereal and yogurt. The location of the hotel was ideal. Right in the middle of everything we wanted to do; we had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant Viand which is right around the corner from the hotel. We recommend it. The theatre was a very short taxi ride away (we could have walked but one of our party is disabled). Overall, we got an amazing value and felt very welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!