“I would definetely stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   216 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
Cleveland, Ohio
“I would definetely stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the Fairfield for work. I was on the 3rd floor facing the street, and it was great for people watching, especially after a long day.

The staff was VERY friendly, and accomodated me when I arrived 3 hours early for my room. Everything was clean, and the valet staff was fantastic!

My only setbacks...the guy in the room next to me was quite loud, and watched TV until the wee hours of the morning. Now, I am sure if I would have called down to the front desk, they would have handled it, but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Also, I went to grab a cup of coffee at 9:58, and the door from breakfast was already locked. Additionally, the snack vending machine doesn't take credit cards

Overall, the stay was great, and I would absolutely stay again, and I look forward to it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Hallie G Cleveland, Ohio

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. Spending 3 days in any hotel is a good amount of time to really get a feel for the area and staff, I'm glad we left you with a memorable experience and our staff was accommodating and friendly. Our valet team also tries their hardest to be efficient and professional and it looks like we accomplished all this with your visit.

Noisy neighbors is always something we try to handle for our guests so please let us know if you ever experience this again and we will handle from our side.

We are fortunate to be located in such a great area; you truly can walk to almost any of Chicago's main attractions in just a few minutes. Please feel free to consider us your home away from home, and come back to visit us real soon! Cleveland is not that far away!

Thanks again for the great review; we look forward to many more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel with my wife for a short holiday trip in Chicago. Location is excellent you can walk to all the major locations in the downtown area. The staff was really friendly and always willing to help. Noise was as expected considering you are in a downtown location really did not affect us at all. Would stay here again on a future trip to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gk78 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are fortunate to be located in such a great area; you truly can walk to almost any of Chicago's main attractions in just a few minutes. Please feel free to consider us your home away from home, and come back to visit us real soon!

Thanks again for the great review; we look forward to many more.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in, the room that was given was one if the smallest I've ever been in. As a Gold Member, I was expecting a better room but apparently it was all booked. I was fine until I was going to bed when the guests in the next room got home late at night. I don't know if the walls were that thin or they were that loud but I could hear their conversation clearly. Went down in the morning to ask about my good upgrade and they were able to accommodate this time. The room I got is much more comfortable and made up for the previous night. The staff is very friendly and the location is very close to some attractions.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ron J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced during your first night. We try our best to accommodate our Elite member the best we can. Unfortunately, It becomes difficult on sold out night. However, I am happy to see that we were able to assist you the next night and make your experience more enjoyable. I hope to see you at our property again sometime soon!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times, most recently in April, 2013. I needed a cab this next AM. They had one waiting for me when I got downstairs. Room was clean. I can verify what others have said to be accurate & true. The room was clean & neat. I love their breakfast buffet. For this reason alone, I prefer staying at Fairfield vs, their top of the line Marriott brand. Even though it is a 2 star hotel, they give you 5 star service. I am a Marriott Rewards member...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy that not only did you enjoy your Experience but you have stayed with us multiple times at that! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and am glad we were able to make your trip enjoyable. Hope to see you again in the near future! Happy Travels!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I were just looking for a nice weekend getaway from which we could explore downtown Chicago for the first time; this hotel was a great choice. Just 1 1/2 blocks from Michigan Avenue Shopping, about 4 blocks to Navy Pier, with many terrific restaurants within walking distance. We had a King-bed room, which was basic but well appointed and very clean. A nice white on white décor with splashes of orange gave the room a fresh feeling. The bed was wonderful - nice and firm, fresh crisp linens, and extra pillows! The staff we encountered were polite and helpful, suggesting places for a good meal, and a map w/ price guide when we slid into the hotel at the later edge of dinner time on a Friday. The included breakfast was basic, but do-able, included scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt, donuts, bagels, toast. Try to eat a little on the earlier side. At 9:00, it was very crowded and the hot food was running out quickly. Staff did open up extra rooms for breakfast seating. No pool, but there is a small, simple work out area. Valet/overnight parking is pricy ($43/ night) so glad we took the Amtrak! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: upper floors for best view & less morning noise. Ours was on 5th...our window faced the green w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I couldn't agree with you more! Our location is hard to beat. We do try our best to provide as detailed service as possible and am glad you were able to Experience that while you were here with us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the time I arrived at the door, I received the attention I travellers deserve. He greeted me opened the door. I then proceeded to the registration desk and was treated very well and given my room key promptly. When I was leaving for dinner the concierge, Charles, offered many suggestions and coupons for surrounding restaurants and bars.

The room was clean and tidy and the hotel was right in the heart of all there is to do in Chicago. I am very delighted with the service and hospitality I received and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear about your Experience with us. Charles is a valuable asset to our team and definately a great reflection on the service we are trying to provide. I also couldnt agree with you more, as our location is one of the best. I am glad that your enjoyed yourself and hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here on business a week ago and it was such a great place to be. Location was perfect for the "L" and food/entertainment. he room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was very nice and large as well as the vanity area for getting ready. Upon check in the staff was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again next time I am in the Chicago DT area.

Room Tip: Ask for a front high floor. The view is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!