“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   216 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times, most recently in April, 2013. I needed a cab this next AM. They had one waiting for me when I got downstairs. Room was clean. I can verify what others have said to be accurate & true. The room was clean & neat. I love their breakfast buffet. For this reason alone, I prefer staying at Fairfield vs, their top of the line Marriott brand. Even though it is a 2 star hotel, they give you 5 star service. I am a Marriott Rewards member...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ron J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I am so happy that not only did you enjoy your Experience but you have stayed with us multiple times at that! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and am glad we were able to make your trip enjoyable. Hope to see you again in the near future! Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I were just looking for a nice weekend getaway from which we could explore downtown Chicago for the first time; this hotel was a great choice. Just 1 1/2 blocks from Michigan Avenue Shopping, about 4 blocks to Navy Pier, with many terrific restaurants within walking distance. We had a King-bed room, which was basic but well appointed and very clean. A nice white on white décor with splashes of orange gave the room a fresh feeling. The bed was wonderful - nice and firm, fresh crisp linens, and extra pillows! The staff we encountered were polite and helpful, suggesting places for a good meal, and a map w/ price guide when we slid into the hotel at the later edge of dinner time on a Friday. The included breakfast was basic, but do-able, included scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt, donuts, bagels, toast. Try to eat a little on the earlier side. At 9:00, it was very crowded and the hot food was running out quickly. Staff did open up extra rooms for breakfast seating. No pool, but there is a small, simple work out area. Valet/overnight parking is pricy ($43/ night) so glad we took the Amtrak! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: upper floors for best view & less morning noise. Ours was on 5th...our window faced the green w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I couldn't agree with you more! Our location is hard to beat. We do try our best to provide as detailed service as possible and am glad you were able to Experience that while you were here with us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the time I arrived at the door, I received the attention I travellers deserve. He greeted me opened the door. I then proceeded to the registration desk and was treated very well and given my room key promptly. When I was leaving for dinner the concierge, Charles, offered many suggestions and coupons for surrounding restaurants and bars.

The room was clean and tidy and the hotel was right in the heart of all there is to do in Chicago. I am very delighted with the service and hospitality I received and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear about your Experience with us. Charles is a valuable asset to our team and definately a great reflection on the service we are trying to provide. I also couldnt agree with you more, as our location is one of the best. I am glad that your enjoyed yourself and hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here on business a week ago and it was such a great place to be. Location was perfect for the "L" and food/entertainment. he room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was very nice and large as well as the vanity area for getting ready. Upon check in the staff was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again next time I am in the Chicago DT area.

Room Tip: Ask for a front high floor. The view is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed two nights with family of four in chilly April. We parked the car a few blocks away (deal through a prepaid parking site) and didn't use it until we left on the third day. Walk two short blocks to Michigan Avenue and from there get to all the major destinations by bus, foot, or El. The hotel is clean and relatively updated. Rooms are small (standard for Chicago), but sufficient. Breakfast was somewhat of an ordeal when the hotel was full. The room is not big enough to serve everyone and there's lots of waiting and dodging. The food itself is basic, Americinn-level, assortment of make your own waffles (wait!), toasts, meager cereal, bad coffee, etc. Fine if you aren't expecting more, but it is a little disappointing. Nevertheless, for the money, this is a good value.

Room Tip: Upper floors will be best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Decatur, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The front desk guys and bell hops (are they still called that?) were so fun & full of personality. I'm a smoker so it was nice to know they were there when I'd go out for a cig after dark. The room was very clean and I loved the fun orange colors. My one and only complaint was that no one told me about any complimentary breakfast. I didn't know about it until I was checking out and heard someone else talking about it. Here's it's on a different floor. It would have been so nice to have a free breakfast each morning... Great location to Navy Pier too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Big Bend, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in downtown Chicago. It was easy walking to the Magnificent Mile and to the Navy Pier. There were a lot of restaurants very close by to choose from also. The staff was very friendly and the room was cozy and clean. I would suggest getting down to breakfast early, we got down a littley after 9 am on a Saturday morning and the breakfast room was very crowded, there was a long line for the waffles, the coffee pot was empty and there was no place to sit. There was a coffemaker in the room so we just grabbed a few things to eat and headed back to our room. My one big complaint about this location is the difficulty in getting a cab. I would strongly suggest on busy nights like Friday or Saturday to have the front desk arrange for a taxi at the time that you will be needing one. We needed one on the Friday night we were there and it was impossible, the younger guy that was working for the hotel outside tried for over 10 minutes hailing a cab for us. He went inside and one of the older guys working there told us to walk down one of the main roads to try and get a cab. We ended up walking over to Michigan ave and had to go about 3 blocks before being able to find one to take us where we needed to be. It took a little time when we needed a cab to go to the train station the next day also, but it wasn't quite as bad. Overall this is a nice hotel to stay in a great part of Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!